Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hated all the torture stuff, but that "come back to me" scene was so good. I probably love it even more than the kiss scene

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 12-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha Romanoff (View Post)
I hated all the torture stuff, but that "come back to me" scene was so good. I probably love it even more than the kiss scene
Completely agree. That scene the kind of thing I hoped this season would be about, where they do want to be together but it's the bad guys keeping them apart, rather than the absent Will causing all their problems.

Ward going after Fitz and/or Simmons is something I've been expecting but dreading for a while. I thought one of the most powerful, compelling scenes of S2 was when Fitz found Ward in the basement, follow up later the ep where they teamed up with Ward and Fitz was so obviously upset about the situation. Most of the main characters have been hurt by Ward in some way, but Fitz is the one who I feel suffered the most from Ward (andIt was like that uncoby extension, Simmons). Bobbi's a close second, since both were hurt in a way that affected how they defined themselves, and took a long time to recover from, but in Fitz's case there was also the betrayal and the way that what Ward did hurt his relationship with Simmons.

So seeing Ward hurt Fitz further, seeing Fitz suffer as they went after Simmons and Ward taunted Fitz, was really hard to watch. It was like that uncomfortable moment after Ward touched the Berserker staff and menaced Fitz in S1, but 1000 times worse. After the last ep, really want in 3.10, almost more than a FitzSimmons reunion, is for Fitz to beat Ward in some way. For Fitz to show Ward he isn't the pathetic joke Ward believes him to be.
Old 12-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's what I want too. But I also get the feeling that Ward is gonna be killed off and comes back as the evil Inhuman idk.

I think they've also filmed 3.11 already before they were off for a break so I am not sure if these two are gonna reunite in 3.10 or not. They are probably still stuck on that planet by the end of 3.10.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:33 AM
Ultimate Fan

I've only been on this subforum for little over a month so I apologize if this video has been shown and/or discussed. It is Brett and Elizabeth at Rose City Comic Con and at 31.00 Elizabeth talks about Jemma's defining moment and it was when she basically told Fitz that she loved him and that she had felt that for some time. She wanted him to heal first before telling him. I thought it was interesting. The scene were Jemma told Bobbi that she didn't feel that way about Fitz, I took that as up until the pod scene and not up until the scene with Bobbi (as the contractors of the ship argue). I think she figured out her feelings somewhere in the 9 days she was by his side and then she left which created a rift between them that wasn't resolved until the latter part of the season.

She also said that Fitz accidentally opening the cage to the monolith in 2x22 wasn't in the script which I also found interesting. The door was just suppose to be open I think.

They also mentioned wardrobe and more specifically the rose necklace. Elizabeth said there could possible be more significance to that in season 3 which could mean it will play a role in 3x10.

Last edited by Fogh; 12-07-2015 at 10:06 AM
Old 12-07-2015, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogh (View Post)
I've only been on this subforum for little over a month so I apologize if this video has been shown and/or discussed. It is Brett and Elizabeth at Rose City Comic Con and at 31.00 Elizabeth talks about Jemma's defining moment and it was when she basically told Fitz that she loved him and that she had felt that for some time. She wanted him to heal first before telling him. I thought it was interesting. The scene were Jemma told Bobbi that she didn't feel that way about Fitz, I took that as up until the pod scene and not up until the scene with Bobbi (as the contractors of the ship argue). I think she figured out her feelings somewhere in the 9 days she was by his side and then she left which created a rift between them that wasn't resolved until the latter part of the season.

She also said that Fitz accidentally opening the cage to the monolith in 2x22 wasn't in the script which I also found interesting. The door was just suppose to be open I think.

They also mentioned wardrobe and more specifically the rose necklace. Elizabeth said there could possible be more significance to that in season 3 which could mean it will play a role in 3x10.
1. That was her defining moment because she is just so used to do all the things for each other and that moment was her finally allowing herself to do something /for herself/. And I think seeing Bobbi and Hunter gave her a push to tell Fitz how she felt about him. I mean, she probably wouldn't want to do that to Fitz because he was about to go on a dangerous mission but she wanted to do something for herself for once. Also, I do believe that she was telling the truth when she told Bobbi that she never thought of Fitz as anything else. But the thing is that these two both needed an example to realise that they are in love with each other (Fitz seeing Coulson/Audrey and Jemma seeing Bobbi/Hunter). They've met each other when they were like 17 and they were so used to feeling all these feelings inside of them about each other that they didn't realise these feelings are that big until they see them in other people.

2. Yeah, I think they edited that "click" sound in the beginning of 3.05.

3. I have seen a lot of fan theories about that necklace and honestly I think it's just a plot hole.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

I found it interesting because when ever she's been asked that question she's never said that or at least not if Iain was also there. I loved her quick response to what she wants for her character - to kiss Fitz and also that Iain doesn't want to (I have a theory on that )
Old 12-07-2015, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

The problem I have with Jemma's feelings about Fitz in S2 is that they were left so ambiguous, on purpose, and we mainly saw their relationship in S2 through Fitz's perspective. However Elizabeth or any of us interpret her feelings during S2, it has never been confirmed on the show what she was thinking and at what point her feelings about Fitz changed. All we can say for sure was that her feelings had changed at least somewhat by the time she told Fitz "maybe there is", and if anything got stronger after she was sucked through the portal. Everything else in S2 could just be interpreted as her caring for him as a friend.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that's true. The entire S2 FS arc is being framed through Fitz's eyes. And I thought s3 was going to be framed in her pov but sadly, still no. It's been really frustrating even this love triangle arc is supposed to be about her and it's still 70% Fitz pov and 30% Jemma pov.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

The writers have been doing the same thing with Jemma this year as they did in S2, except instead of making us wonder whether she had romantic feelings for Fitz (which there has been plenty of evidence to support in S3, unlike S2), they've made a big mystery out of first what happened to Jemma on the planet, and then exactly where she stands with Will in the picture.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

So true.

Night, Cece
Old 12-08-2015, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hear from Miros we can be FitzSimmons shippers again. I haven't seen the episode yet!

Night, Miros!
Old 12-09-2015, 02:07 AM
Master Fan

Not really new, but it's on my mind tonight - between Fitz confessing to Simmons how he felt about her, and them actually kissing (though not actually getting into a romantic relationship):
  • Bobbi and Hunter got back together, broke up again, and got back together a second time
  • May got back together with her ex-husband, then broke up with him again after he turned into Lash
  • Skye/Daisy met a new guy (Lincoln) and kissed him
  • Coulson met Rosalind and started dating her
  • Ward met a new girl (Kara) and was in a relationship with her until he (accidentally) killed her
  • Simmons met Will and they were together until he died

I mean, intellectually I know that this actually is a good thing for FitzSimmons, it shows how big a deal they are to the show that their relationship has been drawn out like this. But it's a bit crazy how incredibly difficult they have it, compared to how easy relationships come and go for other characters, without so much drama. Daisy and Lincoln just kiss on Zephyr One like it's the obvious thing to do and nobody bats an eye, but FitzSimmons is all angst and crying and sad music and obviously no kissing because Will and is Simmons actually hugging Fitz because she's relieved he's safe or is it because she needs a shoulder to cry on because Will died? Again, it's good everything with FitzSimmons is so loaded and meaningful, but it was such a dramatic contrast with Daisy/Lincoln in tonight's episode.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:57 AM
Ultimate Fan

My feelings after the episode was the calm before the storm. The spoilers leading up to the episode pointed to Ward but somehow other people got into my head that Fitz could die or be possessed. It was an irrational fear as fear often is. Needless to say, I was relieved, calm after the episode. Then Raonaild said something about the FitzSimmons scene and so as I lay my head on the pillow to catch a few hours of sleep the storm started inside my head.

We know there is more angst coming. There kind of has to dealing with the aftermath of everything that happened and culminated in 3x10. The storm in my head lead me to a scenario which I think is a very plausible outcome and progression of their feelings as they are now.

So hear me out and some may not like it. It is specific because that is how I spec hehe. Might even turn this into a fanfic.

3x11: We come back after a few days, maybe a week has passed. Jemma is dealing with the loss of Will and the guilt she must have for him dying saving her. She has a scene with someone (I hope Daisy) where she explains what she is going through (indicates she knows Will gave up his life for her and how he died) and that Fitz is giving her a wide berth. Jemma thinks he is just giving her space to grieve. Later on we get a Jemma/Fitz scene where they make small talk - are you okay and such. Fitz is distant and leaves as soon as the subject goes to Will or feelings or similar. He leaves and Bobbi (whom has witnessed their interaction) tells her it can't be easy for Fitz and he might think he is the consolation price. Jemma says that isn't how she feels but she needs time to heal before she can pursue a relationship with Fitz. Bobbi lets her know she might want to tell him that.
Then the heartbreaking scene. Very late in the episode, Jemma seeks out Fitz and tells him she wants a relationship with him, she just needs some time (maybe the L word is mentioned for the first time). She tells him to believe her when she says she wants him. Fitz says that's the problem, he doesn't believe her. He can't be with her knowing she wishes he was Will, that he will forever live in his shadow. He turns to leave as Jemma grabs his wrists to make him stay. He tells her to let him go, figuratively and literally and walks away. As I said heartbreaking. I think their feelings here is natural from what we have seen so far in S3. While Jemma needs to grieve for Will and rid herself of the guilt, she still loves Fitz and he in return saw her walking towards the module, cry in his arms and perhaps be very messed up the first few days following. Neither is really to blame for how they feel here, I think. Fitz walking away like that seems plausible to me even if he is so in love with her. That might be the most "forced" thing about this scenario but it can be done in a believable way imo.

Now as for the rest of S3 or part of it, we see them working together with the team, their relationship on the back burner but not gone as we see hints of them trying to move on. Some have said we needed Jemma to pine for Fitz a bit and we could see that here. She loves him and she tries to let him go but she can't.

Eventually they get together though. It could happen in a number of ways but in my head Fitz overhears Jemma talking to Bobbi/Daisy saying that she is at peace with what happened with and to Will. She has moved on but she hasn't moved on from Fitz. She is still in love with him and she doesn't know what to do (wouldn't it be "fitting" if Fitz hears the L word for the first time when she isn't actually saying it to him? hehe). Fitz later on approaches Jemma and asks if she really meant what she said to Bobbi/Daisy and we get kisses and happiness. What Jemma tells Bobbi/Daisy is what I think Fitz needs to hear and he can't get that from Jemma in 3x11 because she would be lying and Fitz wouldn't believe her.

Any thoughts? Should I write it as a fic? Any talented writers here that want to take a crack at it instead?

Last edited by Fogh; 12-09-2015 at 08:05 AM
Old 12-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

First of all, I would love for both of them (Jemma especially) to talk their relationship over with and get advice from other people. Bobbi, Daisy, or Mack, doesn't matter who (except maybe not Hunter, his advice isn't all bad, but it can be). We haven't seen a lot of that lately, I think the last time we really saw it was in 3x03 when Fitz talked to Bobbi about how to help Jemma with her recovery. But both of them need some outside perspective right now.

I think that if Jemma were actually able to tell Fitz that she wants to be with him she just needs time, Fitz would accept that and wait for her. He said himself in the last ep that he can't live without her, so he's going to take whatever he can get. The problem is that they don't usually have such straightforward conversations, most of their problems on the show are based on not talking to each other and assuming things. I think Fitz's problem now isn't that he doesn't want to be second choice, it's making him believe he's really a viable choice at all. I think Fitz has big self esteem issues particularly where Jemma is concerned - I mean, my impression is that he didn't just want to save Will because Jemma loved him, Fitz genuinely thought that Will was a better choice for her than he was.

What I'm concerned about for S3B is that in the process of grieving, Jemma gets wrapped up in herself and doesn't reassure Fitz that she loves him as well. That it's just more of Fitz giving selflessly and never Jemma giving back to Fitz. A lot of this business with Will so far has been like that - Jemma talks about "not wanting to hurt someone she cares about" and "how difficult it is" for Fitz to help her rescue Will, and shows him her phone and how much she thought about him before she met Will, but doesn't really say to Fitz that she does still love him too and still wants to be with him. Because I think she does, but from her behaviour that isn't clear to Fitz. The one time she stood up for Fitz when he was going on about how great Will was ("You jumped through a hole in the universe for me!"), Fitz kissed her. Fitz needs to hear more of that from Jemma if she wants him to do it again.

That final scene in Zephyr One I just felt like was a sign of things to come ... Jemma was wrapped up in her grief over Will and not really paying attention to Fitz, and from his perspective (which may not be how Jemma was really feeling) it's Will that Jemma really loves about and Fitz is just there to support her in her grief.

If Jemma wants to be with Fitz, she's going to need to put some effort into it, to show him that she loves him and wants to be with him.
Old 12-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Ultimate Fan

So is that a no thanks to my scenario? hehe..

I feel it's hard to really say what Fitz is feeling atm. Just like with Jemma we get hints but we can't be sure if he felt like Will was the better choice or he was just resigned to the fact that Jemma loved Will more or a combination. I'm not positive Fitz would accept Jemma saying she wants him and just needs time. Not if it is mere days after 3x10. Will is dead, so how can she possibly know she wants Fitz especially if he has felt she would choose Will since 3x05. He can't live without her, but that doesn't equal a relationship. Maybe he grows a backbone or the fear that Jemma would grow to resent him cause he wasn't Will. Lots of possibilities and combinations of feelings could have him walk away. I think him walking away is the best option for the start of 3B.