Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

You're aliiiiiive!!! Hi there
Happy to hear you had a nice weekend (apparently one of the mods of the EL&I board has just left without notice, over a month ago. They're looking for a new mod now. I'm just happy you were back after 4 days or so )
Old 08-15-2016, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG I hope they're okay though

Yeah I'm not going anywhere. And if I'm ever away for a long stretch of time without communication feel free to stalk me on instagram/snapchat/twitter to make sure I'm still alive but hopefully it won't happen again!
Old 08-15-2016, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

welcome back Val...glad you had an awesome weekend
Old 08-15-2016, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

I'll remember that, Val

Woot, the Dutch won 2 gold medals at the Olympics today
Old 08-16-2016, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

that's great news Mazz
Old 08-16-2016, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay! I don't follow the Olympics at all, never have, but it still makes me happy when I hear 'we' got gold
Old 08-16-2016, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

how is your week going so far Val
Old 08-16-2016, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Pretty good! A little bit busy but I'm not complaining yours?
Old 08-16-2016, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Morning!

I love the Olympics! But week 2 is never my fave because all the swim events are over and I"m not much in to track and field. Michael Phelps kind of made me cry though. I really do think this is his last Olympics and his getting emotional made me feel emotional.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

I don't usually follow the Olympics (except that one time I was in the hospital for two weeks during the winter Olympics, and I didn't have Netflix yet ), but my bf does, soooo.. that means I kinda do too Already got gold twice today Open-water swimming and sailing!
Old 08-16-2016, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

I've heard that a lot of countries aren't really that into the Olympics. And I guess a lot of Americans aren't that into it either, but boy am I. And NBC, the main channel that's airing it is practically ONLY airing the Olympics. Olympic coverage is on from 9 a.m. until 11 p.m. STRAIGHT. We record it all and just ff through to the stuff we want to see, usually stuff that doesn't make it into the Prime Time coverage.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think maybe if I had TV I'd be more into it, cause it would be easier to just have it on in the background, but now I'd have to look into streams and stuff and I just don't care enough for that
Old 08-16-2016, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

One of my friends doesn't have cable and now that everything is going digital, if you don't have cable, you don't have any channels. They have Apple tv though so she tries watching on there. The problem is that it's just the streams. No commentators, which sounds like it'd be great, but is actually really boring. She has no idea what's going on really. Did they do good? Bad? What's their backstory? etc.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

One of our public channels has the Olympics basically the entire day as well Even THE 8 o'clock News has been moved to the next public channel People are complaining there's too much sports on the public channels this summer (Eurocup soccer, Tour de France ánd Olympics, all entirely covered by tax-paid channels ).

There's no commentators on the online streams? Wow. That does sounds boring, especially when you know nothing about the sport, which is true for a lot of sports for me I think 'our' online streams (also from a big public network ) do have commentators Our commentators are a bit loud and annoying sometimes though... sometimes we switch to the Belgian public channel because of that They have such calm voices
Old 08-16-2016, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo sunrise (View Post)
Pretty good! A little bit busy but I'm not complaining yours?
it's going ok Val.... too much rain the past 7 days