Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2018, 08:48 AM
Moderator Support Team

General AoS Rant Thread #1: Because we all need a place to vent.

General AoS Rant Thread
#1:

Please be mindful of FF Rules when posting on this thread. Actor bashing is not allowed
and will not be tolerated. Also, this isn't the place to talk about what other posters
are saying on other threads and boards on FF. Bashing posters will not be tolerated.

Criticisms about any characters or storylines are okay as long as you respect your fellow posters.

Old 05-18-2018, 01:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

So how does everyone feel about this season?
Old 05-18-2018, 07:18 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm excited for it. I remember when the site had a large rant section, which came in handy. It was nice to be able to post any grievances without worrying about offending people.

Too bad it wasn't created sooner, we could have used it starting six episodes back.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LysCat (View Post)
I'm excited for it. I remember when the site had a large rant section, which came in handy. It was nice to be able to post any grievances without worrying about offending people.

Too bad it wasn't created sooner, we could have used it starting six episodes back.
yeah sorry i wasnt to sure about it but after a few people making a comment bout it i felt it was right now , but it is very late sorry about that guys
Old 05-18-2018, 09:41 AM
Loyal Fan

It was just an observation, not a criticism against you. I've been a part of some of those conversations and debates. I understand why you created one.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LysCat (View Post)
It was just an observation, not a criticism against you. I've been a part of some of those conversations and debates. I understand why you created one.
thanks . It does help though cause people can post here it works . And we can discuss a lot more than just recent stuff. We can use it a lot more now and gives people another thread to post on
Old 05-18-2018, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great idea!

I am not enjoying the fighting amongst the team. I hope it gets fixed before the season ends tonight. If not, it’s gonna be an even longer hiatus than it already is.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~jo♥jo~ (View Post)
Great idea!

I am not enjoying the fighting amongst the team. I hope it gets fixed before the season ends tonight. If not, it’s gonna be an even longer hiatus than it already is.
I love rant threads ...

Yeah this season had a lot more promise going in I like the idea of them being in space so it was all the team minus one which was fitz .. I hated the divide I know it was for good reasons or they believed it was but it wasnt fun to watch mainly cause we didnt know if this was our last season with them .

I also didnt like the break down of this season o wishes it was more smoothly done like last seasons was
Old 05-19-2018, 09:52 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Yeah this season had a lot more promise going in I like the idea of them being in space so it was all the team minus one which was fitz .. I hated the divide I know it was for good reasons or they believed it was but it wasnt fun to watch mainly cause we didnt know if this was our last season with them .
I felt the schism was uneven. Daisy was tortured but we had almost everyone coddling Fitz, the man who tortured her. I felt it was a bit ridiculous. It ends up magnifying how Fitz has done things in the past that are handwaved - refusing to believe Daisy's traumatic experience with Ward after she was rescued, treating Trip like crap because he was jealous, risking Daisy's life by jumping into the portal of the monolith without consulting anyone. Fitz does something wrong, and doesn't learn from it.

Fitz's attitude towards Mack is one example - Mack almost died because of Fitz's robot and had every right to be criticized for his behavior, but he acts upset that Mack spoke his mind about Fitz's behavior. Fitz blames Daisy for his decision to torture the inhibitor out of her, never apologizes, and never seemed to understand that what he did was wrong.

Had the schism been handled more evenly, and had Fitz actually learned from his mistakes (for a change), I'd feel much differently about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
I also didnt like the break down of this season o wishes it was more smoothly done like last seasons was
I felt the same way. The pod breakup in season four was handled much better, and this time it felt like the lower budget was impeding the structure of the stories of the show.

As this is a rant thread, I'll say something about Deke: he’s a complete waste of a character, and the only purpose that he served was to show how some people are willing to endorse a white slaver over the woman of color he sold for money. I keep hearing all the buzz about Donald Glover playing Lando in the new Star Wars film, and I wonder why we had Deke brought over onto the show - when this show has never had a problem showcasing white men, but has certainly had issues featuring multiple men of color on the canvas. Trip, Andrew, Joey, and I’d bring up how Robbie received a single pod while Deke took up an entire season.

Talented men of color (like John Cho, for example) are given praise for delivering incredible performances (even being singled out if the film itself is nothing noteworthy), but it’s too few and far inbetween when we see them romantically paired with women. Ranging from serious moments to humorous acts, a myriad of them provide unforgettable performances. And so far we've had the show had season one Fitz, Ward, Miles, and Lincoln show an attraction to Daisy, and that was followed up with Deke - the man who enslaved her. I'm noticing the obvious trend in what kind of man is allowed to be attracted to Daisy, as well as what kind of man the show will focus on.

I could have easily gotten behind a nuanced, complex man of color playing a morally grey character from the future - someone who wasn’t as problematic as Deke, a character who gets by because of the Ward Effect, to the point where the victims were criticized for being upset at the man who victimized them.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ welcome

firstly Fitz this season was an odd one he has flipped the way he is . I can't hate him BUT i hated what he did to daisy and the way that no one did address it did annoy me and as i said its the writings fault . She is strong but that was wrong , i wish she punched him in the face , saying that i hated that they did it to these two characters why them??? it hurts more than anything else .

See i dont love Deke he is funny and he is a descendant of fitzsimmons yet i do agree i dont want him with daisy no way . I felt they could of used him better . For me i dont hate him for selling Daisy i felt that was what he knows in that world its you or me and well i dont think she got the worse deal i felt simmons had it worse .

I hope and pray they bring robbie back so many people liked him and we could of used him in this season i dont even mind him with daisy . i hope his back for the next season he needs a ending that isnt him dying.

Yeah this season as a whole was strange they stayed in space to long , than the 2nd act was to dark i like in season 4 the shift of each bit was a huge change than ended coming all together in the end
Old 05-21-2018, 08:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

Old 05-23-2018, 07:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Personally, if I was as big a of Fitz that I am Daisy, I'd be pissed with this characterization this season. The writers basically murdered the character by all the crap he did (and I'm only referring to things he's done this season). And as much as I dislike his actions alone, I think one of my biggest problems was the way everyone treated him afterwards, as compared to how Daisy was treated.

She should have been the one to be checked up on, and I don't understand why everyone was damn near holding Fitz's hand through the end of the season. I'm sure that at the very least May (because she was seemingly the only one not taking sides) did, but it would have been nice to see on screen. Instead the characters were angry (maybe not Mack) that she dared to lock Fitz up in the first place.

So what is Daisy supposed to do now that he died? Just magically move on? She really had no closure for what happened to her. I don't think she'll really heal from it, it will just be one more thing she has to put under her belt and deal with. And what's supposed to happen when Fitz in Space comes back? He may not have been the one that strapped her to the table and cut into her, but he was the doctor in the framework, which means there is going to be the potential he could become like the character he was this season.

And for the love of God, was it really necessary for the parting shot at Daisy when she was handing over the reigns to Mack? She'd already been crapped on enough by the group. I don't know why she couldn't have said she didn't want it or wasn't ready. Where is the confident Daisy from seasons past? I want that incarnation of the character back. Why did the writers even suggest the idea of her leading if she was going to pass it on anyway? She may not have always had the answers like Coulson seemed to, but she seemed to do a damn sight better than Fitzsimmons and Yo-Yo when they went on their own.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

I agree . This season was a step.back for daisy and fitz they were put to the test .

I do agree no one seemed to care bout daisy and that is a problem on it's own the one that usually do are may and Coulson but they weren't there .

Fitz of course will always have Simmons kn his side no matter what, yo yo was a strange one but I guess she wanted to be on the side that allowed her to do what she wanted to do . Mack just wanted to show sympathy but again i felt he would of been the one to check on daisy .

It was very strange the characters development in this season was done well no one really grew . They only grew apart and it was sad cause they have been through so much like a lot more than more team of people it strange to see it go this way. Mainly cause the fitz thing only lasted one episode like why add it in???

I honestly think daisy she do something outside of shield I think the team would understand for her to find out stuff on her own . She is very alone which I hate . And yes I miss confident and funny daisy .

This season wasnt mu fav it had its moments but I say season 4 still beats it
Old 05-23-2018, 09:47 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, like I said they ruined Fitz for me. I was always neutral on him but they had him cut into Daisy and everyone acted like it was no big deal. Along with the fact he has mental issues with a split personality and it was never resolved or brought up again. I agree, it's like everyone acted like Fitz was the victim over Daisy (WTF?) but I wasn't surprised since this show never seems to have any fallout or consequences over things. They also could of easily wrote it some other way for Daisy to get her powers back or have someone else cut into her. It was mainly unnecessary and pointless to have Fitz do it. If they didn't ruin Fitz with that wasteful plot point I would of cared when he died but I just didn't *shrugs*
Old 05-24-2018, 04:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Yeah, like I said they ruined Fitz for me. I was always neutral on him but they had him cut into Daisy and everyone acted like it was no big deal. Along with the fact he has mental issues with a split personality and it was never resolved or brought up again. I agree, it's like everyone acted like Fitz was the victim over Daisy (WTF?) but I wasn't surprised since this show never seems to have any fallout or consequences over things. They also could of easily wrote it some other way for Daisy to get her powers back or have someone else cut into her. It was mainly unnecessary and pointless to have Fitz do it. If they didn't ruin Fitz with that wasteful plot point I would of cared when he died but I just didn't *shrugs*
Agree on the end someone else could or done it. And I understand for other fans to not like him anymore I still do so ot hurts that he died but man that one split decision that he did to daisy still iritates me cause they was no hint to fitz think he should do it and there was no other moments to get "dr fitz" back .

Also for me this season also did a number on yo yo she became very annoying