Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2013, 06:51 AM
Elite Fan

It can be interpreted a few different ways, there was definitely something to it though. They lingered way longer than necessary on him.

Great fanvid
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 11-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Lovely gif, Mysteria!

Yeah, of course it can. But like you said, there's definitely SOMETHING there. Hope we see a bit of awkwardness in the next ep, that would be cute.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

Like Mysteria said, it can be interpreted in a number of ways. I'm personally not choosing to look at it in a romantic light, because I believe that the strong emotions that come out of a very close friendship are just as powerful as a romantic relationship.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

For sure, ITA. I'm not sure what I want it to be yet, I'm kind of sitting on the fence.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, and we're only 6 episodes in, so. Tis early days yet.

So I randomly went on the SHIELDtv fansite while Clark Gregg was in the chat room, and someone mentioned something about Fitzsimmons being like Ron and Hermione, and Clark said he's see quite a bit of that on twitter.

I definitely see the bickering aspect being similar!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Loyal Fan

That's a good comparison.

I know it's only been six episodes, so it IS very soon but for now, I shine the romance light. Who knows what might happen later?
Old 11-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

I wish I had your decisiveness, then!

And yes, who knows what could happen later indeed.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Loyal Fan

It's not the best thing ever though. You're more prone to disappointment if things don't turn out like you expect them to!
Old 11-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Hah, good point.

x

<3!
Old 11-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Loyal Fan

That's an adorable picture!
Old 11-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Moderator Manager

Right now I really do enjoy the friendship, if it develops into something more, I'm also fine with it. But hopefully that ep will slam people (elsewhere) dissing these two about not being important characters and can't stand on their own.

That fanart is so cute! And that fanvid too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronomySnap (View Post)
So I randomly went on the SHIELDtv fansite while Clark Gregg was in the chat room, and someone mentioned something about Fitzsimmons being like Ron and Hermione, and Clark said he's see quite a bit of that on twitter.
This post had me at Ron & Hermione. And they are a bit like them and started out as friends too and they're always together too.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

The more and more I think about it, the more they do remind me of Ron & Hermione.

Bear's words on Fitzsimmons and their theme (!!) in FZZT:

Quote:
Obviously, the most important relationship at stake is between Fitz and Simmons. Until this point in the series, they’ve been a single unit, always facing every situation from the same perspective. Now, they are driven apart and it is up to Fitz to make the sacrifice to join her and risk getting infected himself. These scenes are the stuff that great TV is made of, and very inspiring for composers!

I introduced a new theme for Fitz Simmons that plays a crucial role in the second half of the episode:

I wanted to tailor the theme specifically to them, so I made it less melodic than the other themes, and more motivic. It’s essentially an ostinato that rolls over itself again and again, evolving into subtly different variations with each turn through the pattern. This musically emulates their speaking pattern, where they are constantly stumbling over one another and saying the same thing in slightly different ways. While that often plays for comedy, in “FZZT” it is mostly played to dramatic effect, and so of course their music does as well.

The Fitz Simmons Theme is first heard at the top of Act 4, as they are sitting back to back against the glass. Here, it is simply a handful of chords that are so sparse you wouldn’t think they have thematic meaning. As the act builds, the chords pick up energy and gradually weave into a truly memorable theme.

The real theme kicks in at the moment when they realize that the Chitauri wearing the helmet must have been immune to the virus. They have a starting point for a cure. Here, the bpm (beats per minute) start ticking up rapidly. The cue accelerates from a slow dirge into a driving scherzo, underscoring Fitz’s excitement. As we transition into the montage of Fitz and Simmons working in the lab, the strings sneak in again, with an even faster version of their theme. (This passage is featured clearly at the end of tonight’s video blog.)

Beneath the weaving string lines, the French horns and low brass offer elegant counter lines, while undulating synthesizers and Steve Bartek’s electric guitars add momentum. I was very inspired by this sequence. Yes, its a montage and could have easily been scored with ‘montage music.’ Instead, I wanted to focus on the emotion between these two characters. That approach is always more interesting than simply playing suspense.

The episode builds to a huge climax as Simmons leaps from the plane to sacrifice herself for her friends. Fitz tries to jump after her, but Ward stops him and saves her in a daring parachute rescue. The final cues of the act finally release the tension and play the heartfelt relief that Simmons is alive and cured. For these moments, I thinned out the musical texture and featured simple, beautiful, string chorales and French horn lines.

The act ends with Fitz and Simmons together on his bed. The intimacy of the moment is underscored with the electric guitar arpeggios, while their relationship is heightened with beautiful, weaving string statements of the Fitz Simmons Theme. The cue is romantic, but also a little sad. At the end of the scene, Fitz is alone. The strings gradually fade away, leaving only a solitary electric guitar to conclude the theme, the loneliness of the note in the orchestration perfectly representing Fitz’s emotions.

x
Very interesting!

Last edited by gingerly; 11-09-2013 at 04:58 PM
Old 11-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That article It says so much about them.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 11-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for bringing that over, Nic. Bear did a great score for this ep. I love that part too in the end with them.

TV Guide photoshoot BTS

x

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:53 AM
Elite Fan

Aww, that fanart is too cute.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS