Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2016, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Discussion: 4x07 "Deals With Our Devils" November 29

4x07
deals with our devils

With the loss of half the team, the remaining members search for answers as the clock counts down for Ghost Rider.

Guest starring are Jason O’Mara as Director Jeffrey Mace, Gabriel Luna as Robbie Reyes, Mallory Jansen as Aida, Manish Dayal as man, Alexander Wraith as Agent Anderson, Lorenzo James Henrie as Gabe Reyes, Maximilian Osinski as Agent Davis, Patrick Cavanaugh as Burrows, Jose Zuniga as Eli Morrow, Blaise Miller as Agent Nathanson, Arnell Powell as scientist, Lance Broadway as Tac Team Leader and David An as Zhi.

“Deals with Our Devils” was written by DJ Doyle and directed by Jesse Bochco.

[Promo Photos & Sneak Peeks]
Old 11-28-2016, 09:23 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt!
Old 11-29-2016, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am so excited it's back tonight anyone else feel like this hiatus was waayyy longer than it actually was? oh man, the winter hiatus is going to be terrible, isn't it
Old 12-02-2016, 04:11 AM
Master Fan

Still no one reacted to the episode? It definitely felt long. And SERIOUSLY, next week is the 'Fall finale' already?! WHY?! This feels like AoS S1 all over again

But on the episode. On one hand, I thought it was an interesting episode, different. On the other hand, it was also a bit 'eh'. I can't fully explain it I think, but even though I liked the fact that Coulson and Fitz were in that other 'dimension', while seeing their friends fight for them (sortof). It was kinda predictable, I mean, you knew they weren't dead, so I figured they would just probably be there as 'ghosts'. But it also felt a little... 'forced' or something. And the Mack/Ghostrider thing also felt a little forced and rushed. However, I do like they seem to be giving Mack some more background now. 'Hope'? Did he by any chance have a daughter that was killed or something? We'll see.

And some good FitzSimmons moment, and some even greater Simmons-alone moments, bossing around again. I like this Simmons
Old 12-02-2016, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I watched it just before I got the news about my grandma so after I totally forgot I hadn't posted my thoughts... Oops

I always like a good same time same place story so that was fun. Reminded me a bit of T.R.A.C.K.S. though, so it was a liiittle bit been there, done that. I am starting to get really interested in the dark hold stuff though, especially now that Aida read the whole thing and it has obviously given her abilities. I am interested in seeing where they'll go with that, hopefully it's not the usual android becomes self aware and goes evil kind of thing. I'm glad May didn't end up reading it, she seemed pretty eager there for a second which was scary.

Yeah, Mack and the picture of 'Hope', definitely thinking that was either about a wife/girlfriend or daughter that died. I can't wait to find out more about Mack's backstory!

Also don't talk to me about how there is only one more episode before the winter hiatus
Old 12-07-2016, 12:10 AM
Master Fan

I was out of town last ep, so just catching up now ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo sunrise (View Post)
I am so excited it's back tonight anyone else feel like this hiatus was waayyy longer than it actually was? oh man, the winter hiatus is going to be terrible, isn't it
At least it sounds like the mid-season hiatus won't be nearly as long as the last 2 years, and they'll be back January 10.

I thought the episode was okay. What bugged me though was that all the FitzSimmons drama was once again shown from Fitz's perspective. Not that I'm complaining about Fitz's scenes, the bits with him and Coulson were great, and not that I'm complaining about Simmons' scenes either, but it was such a waste to have Simmons completely unaware of what was going on with Fitz. They shouldn't have just had Fitz talk about Simmons' theoretical pain, they should have shown Simmons actually going through the process.

And their reunion at the end was nice, but I wanted to see the follow up where they actually discussed what was going on - the fallout from their fight, Fitz trying to contact her, Simmons' encounter with the Inhuman, their feelings about Mace, etc. We almost never see them talk to each other anymore.