Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2015, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is marvel if tjhey can save Coulson who had a staff of ? speared thru his heart , Why cant they capture the creature/ Ward and somehow bring his conscious back .

But Coulson had to kill him , Ward would never stop till he ran Hydra and killed Coulson . Taunted coulson ..

Jemma and Fitz it keeps getting better , there love is strong . Biggest ship of the show !!

i think Phill will tell them he killed Ward on the planet , The teams knows Ward was on the planet .. so that has to be addressed before Shield finds out " Ward is not human"

maybe Hydra somehow heals up Wards body
Old 12-08-2015, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

I'm also not going to complain about it being predictable when I predicted it

I'm okay with predictable when it makes sense, I'd hate for it to be unpredictable just for the sake of being unpredictable if it's not going to make sense.

I also appreciate that it's a show that you can think through and figure out like this. I think what happened in the ep was a surprise to a lot of people if they were just watching it casually and didn't spend so much time obsessing over all the details.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:44 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
I'm also not going to complain about it being predictable when I predicted it

I'm okay with predictable when it makes sense, I'd hate for it to be unpredictable just for the sake of being unpredictable if it's not going to make sense.

I also appreciate that it's a show that you can think through and figure out like this. I think what happened in the ep was a surprise to a lot of people if they were just watching it casually and didn't spend so much time obsessing over all the details.
The reaction videos on YT will be so much fun to watch. One of channels is a girl that ships Jemma with both Will and Fitz. Man, I can't wait to see her reaction. I gave her the interview with Will (I so called that as a misdirect - even commented it on the site).
Old 12-08-2015, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
i think Phill will tell them he killed Ward on the planet , The teams knows Ward was on the planet .. so that has to be addressed before Shield finds out " Ward is not human"
I think that obviously Coulson will tell the team that he killed Ward, and as soon as the team realizes that Ward is still around they're going to realize that Ward is the evil Inhuman. But even as I type this, I suspect it could be a while before SHIELD figures out that Ward and/or the Inhuman made it back to earth - as far as SHIELD knows, both were dead on the other side and neither came through the portal, so they have no reason to go looking for them. Hydra could lay low for a while and build their strength before SHIELD realizes what's going on.

The question though is whether the team will find out exactly what happened between Ward and Coulson, how Coulson didn't just shoot him but killed him in a much nastier way, and was obsessed with killing Ward even though Fitz was right in front of him fighting for his life with the ultimate evil Inhuman. Fitz for sure is not happy with Coulson, and the question is whether he tells the others about his concerns. Fitz is the kind of guy who might keep that to himself, though he probably won't let Coulson forget it.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
The question though is whether the team will find out exactly what happened between Ward and Coulson, how Coulson didn't just shoot him but killed him in a much nastier way, and was obsessed with killing Ward even though Fitz was right in front of him fighting for his life with the ultimate evil Inhuman. Fitz for sure is not happy with Coulson, and the question is whether he tells the others about his concerns. Fitz is the kind of guy who might keep that to himself, though he probably won't let Coulson forget it.

I get the feeling that the team would not really care how Coulson killed Ward.

Quote:
You wanted a Will/Jemma/Fitz love triangle in 3B? I'm was for the triangle when it was Will on Maveth but on Earth, I think it would have been too much.

I would liked to get to know Will a lot more. I liked him.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
I get the feeling that the team would not really care how Coulson killed Ward.
Everyone on the team had reasons to hate Ward and want him dead, but they all seemed a bit concerned with how Coulson was going about it. The team was not thrilled when Hunter did the same sort of thing, letting revenge blind him to everything else.

And Fitz was obviously disturbed with Coulson's behaviour, despite the fact that he had plenty of reasons to want Ward dead.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:22 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I just wanted to see more of Will too, and if they can keep forcing Ward to stick around when he has no purpose anymore I don't get why Will could be any worse. It's sad he was there 15 years only to die but at least his sacrifice got Simmons out. Still a waste though. As for Ward, I don't care how he was killed and I don't get why the team would have a problem with it. He's killed many people (including their friends) almost killed Fitz and Simmons, etc. Bastard got what he deserved and Ward didn't deserve an easy quick death after what he's done to others. So I think Coulson giving him that slow, agonizing death was fitting. Ward kept baiting them too with who he would hurt and how. Now I just wonder how long they will keep him around to now be possessed by the Inhuman. I just think it's hilarious they won't just cut this worthless character. I guess after the Inhuman is killed out of him he'll become the new Phoenix who knows. Anything to keep forcing his existence lmao.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think it's weird that he managed to get back to earth without the SHIELD folk noticing, and I have a feeling we're never going to get an explanation for that. But I'm not at all surprised that he made it off the planet, as I said before the ep, I think it's possible the show may never go back there. Unless for some reason they need to send him back again to get rid of him, in which case it'll happen at the end of the season.
That part's simple: we saw the real creature, in its slug-like form (not very original, but oh well), emerge from Will's burning corpse. It reanimated Ward's body and went through the portal after Fitz and Coulson. The whole sequence was edited to make the timing seem closer than it was—it looked bang-bang, but in reality, after Fitz and Coulson came through, they and Mack and Daisy had enough time to make it out of the castle and into the containment module before the missiles hit. Assuming the portal didn't close until then (although it did seem like it was open a lot longer than a minute, didn't it?), that would have been plenty of time for Maveth!Ward to make it through, especially considering that the creature appears indestructible enough to have survived being fairly close, or even still inside, the castle when the missiles hit.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I just wanted to see more of Will too, and if they can keep forcing Ward to stick around when he has no purpose anymore I don't get why Will could be any worse. It's sad he was there 15 years only to die but at least his sacrifice got Simmons out. Still a waste though.
I could honestly care less about Will. As soon as I found out (before 4,722 aired) that someone else would be on the planet with her, I expected that they would turn out to be evil at some point. Tonight's ep was a logical conclusion to Simmons' story on the planet, IMO. I actually find it pretty unbelievable that he could have survived there 14 years when there was a supposedly powerful Inhuman on the planet the whole time - the Inhuman who seems to have helped destroy advanced civilizations on that planet couldn't kill a single guy in a cave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
As for Ward, I don't care how he was killed and I don't get why the team would have a problem with it. He's killed many people (including their friends) almost killed Fitz and Simmons, etc. Bastard got what he deserved and Ward didn't deserve an easy quick death after what he's done to others. So I think Coulson giving him that slow, agonizing death was fitting. Ward kept baiting them too with who he would hurt and how.
It's not about Ward, it's about Coulson. It's what Bobbi said to Hunter when he was trying to kill Ward:

"I don't want to lose you, or lose ourselves. Become so obsessed with revenge that we turn into monsters just like him."

There was even dialog between Ward and Coulson in this ep to that effect, that Coulson wasn't much different from Ward. We haven't heard the last of this, the way Coulson killed Ward is going to come up again. And besides what it meant to Coulson's humanity, killing Ward will have serious consequences to the plot going forward because it gave the ancient Inhuman a new host.

Also, regarding the spoilers that came out about the episode, about someone making "a very out-of-character decision", this is what they were talking about - they were about Coulson killing Ward in cold blood, in a needlessly brutal way when he was down and not a threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pikachu (View Post)
That part's simple: we saw the real creature, in its slug-like form (not very original, but oh well), emerge from Will's burning corpse. It reanimated Ward's body and went through the portal after Fitz and Coulson. The whole sequence was edited to make the timing seem closer than it was—it looked bang-bang, but in reality, after Fitz and Coulson came through, they and Mack and Daisy had enough time to make it out of the castle and into the containment module before the missiles hit. Assuming the portal didn't close until then (although it did seem like it was open a lot longer than a minute, didn't it?), that would have been plenty of time for Maveth!Ward to make it through, especially considering that the creature appears indestructible enough to have survived being fairly close, or even still inside, the castle when the missiles hit.
Time is definitely an issue here, because the portal was open much longer than a minute by the time Fitz "killed" the Inhuman, and then Fitz took a while to get Coulson's attention to go through the portal himself. Really, the portal should not have stayed open for long after Fitz and Coulson went through, they were really pushing the limits.

But beyond that, I know they had to get out of there quickly as soon as Coulson and Fitz got back, but it seems odd that they would just run away with the portal still open. I guess they thought it was safe because they thought the two on the other side were dead. Still, it seems a bit reckless.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogh (View Post)
Relieved is probably a better word. I just rewatched it and Jemma approaches the container when only Mack and Daisy came out. She didn't see Fitz leaving it. There is a shot of her going towards it fixated on who might still be inside or not and she doesn't notice Fitz. Only when she turns around does she see him.
I also rewatched the scene again, and at the very start there is a long shot from behind where the crew is standing looking at the pod. Since the pod has a big window on the side, you can actually see Fitz stand up through the window (he's easy to distinguish from the others because he's in a light blue shirt and everyone else is in black) and walk towards the door. So since Jemma was in front of the shot looking at that window, she would have seen Fitz. She walked closer to see if there was anyone else there not visible through the window where she was originally standing.

Now, I'll concede that maybe they didn't mean the scene to play that way, maybe she really was just as relieved to see that Fitz was okay. But again, they purposely leave it a bit ambiguous what exactly Jemma feels, and it's not even totally consistent from episode to episode. I mean, last episode, she didn't even want to try to get Will back, and now she's devastated that he didn't come back?
Old 12-09-2015, 12:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I also rewatched the scene again, and at the very start there is a long shot from behind where the crew is standing looking at the pod. Since the pod has a big window on the side, you can actually see Fitz stand up through the window (he's easy to distinguish from the others because he's in a light blue shirt and everyone else is in black) and walk towards the door. So since Jemma was in front of the shot looking at that window, she would have seen Fitz. She walked closer to see if there was anyone else there not visible through the window where she was originally standing.

Now, I'll concede that maybe they didn't mean the scene to play that way, maybe she really was just as relieved to see that Fitz was okay. But again, they purposely leave it a bit ambiguous what exactly Jemma feels, and it's not even totally consistent from episode to episode. I mean, last episode, she didn't even want to try to get Will back, and now she's devastated that he didn't come back?
Argh, and now it can be interpreted both ways. The knot was gone and now it is back. Damn you hehe. I can't wait for March to see out how the writers are going to play it.

More FitzSimmons angst waiting for us in 3 months. At some point enough is enough even if I love angst. Lincoln and Daisy have zero angst. That's what makes them boring.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:38 AM
Master Fan

Random thought, although it was triggered by something mentioned in this episode - when Simmons was sucked into the monolith, did Mack and Bobbi ever feel guilty about the fact that they didn't destroy the monolith as Fury wanted them to after Hydra "came out of the shadows"? Will they feel guilty now when they find out that the Big Bad actually did come through the portal? Maybe it didn't come through the monolith and instead came from pieces that Hydra had elsewhere, but the fact that Simmons was sucked into the monolith created the circumstances where Hydra could bring the Big Bad back to earth.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:35 AM
Master Fan

OK, I didn't really participate in the speculating this week, but I read a looooot of theories. And everything 'we' predicted here on the board was definitely the most plausible ánd most fun outcome to have. So even though I wasn't really surprised by everyone of our SHIELD team making it out alive, Will being taken over by the evil Inhuman, Ward dying and taken over by the evil Inhuman, etc., it was still quite intense (or, to put it in Brett Dalton's words: 'intense, ánd in tents' ) to watch, and I'm quite pleased with everything that happened.

I'm not sure how I feel about Coulson killing Ward like that. I hope that will have some repercussion in season 3B. It seemed kinda cold, even though I'm quite happy they finally figured out it was Ward's time to go, his story was done. But glad they found a way to keep Brett Dalton on the show for a while longer Creepy-Brett is still quite fun to watch.

Mack as a leader is still awesome, and I really hope he'll stay in that role in the next half of the season, cause it seems Coulson still need a rational conscience like that
Old 12-09-2015, 06:16 AM
Master Fan

I dont know the episode to me was very predictable. I haven't been commenting here much because this show for me a rollercoaster. Some real good episodes. Some real bad ones. This was ok.

Coulson killing Ward is a turning point for the character. He won't be coming back from that even if Ward is still around..Or whatever that thing is now wearing Ward's face.

I thought it was silly to wrap up the Will storyline. Very predictable with killing him. Would rather have it play out a bit more. I am sure long suffering Fitz/Simmons shippers are happy that he's been taken out of the equation.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Fiiiinally got the chance to watch it

Yeah, like many have said - no real surprises here, especially because so much of the speculation was spot on (well done guys!) but I still enjoyed the ride a lot. I don't really have much to say that hasn't already been said but yeah, I did like this episode.

I wasn't surprised that Coulson chose to kill Ward, but I'm very curious to see how that's going to play out once they find out that the creature took over his body and was able to come back to earth that way - will Coulson blame himself because if he hadn't killed Ward, that likely wouldn't have happened? (At least, I'm guessing it needs a dead body to inhabit...)

Also interesting that "It" as Will still had Will's memories. All of Ward's memories at its disposal... That is going to be really, really dangerous and I'm very excited to see how it all plays out in S3B.