Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Just gonna say we freaking called it all.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

So sad too see Will go.

Now I can ship Fitzsimmons again.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Throughout the whole thing I was hoping Will was still Will, even though it was pretty clear he wasn't. :/ So while I wasn't surprised I was still pretty bummed.

Mack and Daisy! They were amazing, I love them as a team. Mack is a great director. I proper laughed when he called the Inhumans on the team the Power Rangers. Speaking of, Joey melting those bullets was awesome.

Coulson killing Ward and the team reuniting were pretty powerful moments, and part of me thought Ward's death would actually stick (I guess you could argue it did, but Maveth!Will seemed to retain his personality and memories, so) and they wouldn't do what everyone speculated they would. What did surprise me, though, is the Maveth actually made it back through the portal, so it'll be interesting to see how they deal with that on a week-to-week basis.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just don't stop watching till the credits roll . One shock after another . One of the most riveting episodes in a long time . Edit :
Well seeing others have already posted . You know it is the creature not Ward .. How it made it thru the portal , have to wait till March . I never thought Coulson would kill Ward , but he knew Ward would never change .
Old 12-08-2015, 08:23 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah...wasn't suprised by any of it. I've realized this is a show where I shouldn't like a pairing. I was rooting for Andrew/May and Will/Simmons and they unsuprisingly crapped on both. People already speculated that the Inhuman took Will's form but I'm just glad it wasn't that when Simmons was on the planet that was the Inhuman in Will's form. I'm so disappointed they said Will died saving Jemma so I guess that's a wrap rme. Feels really cheap, I would of preferred if Will was able to come back. lol Now I don't get why they even bothered to have Will involved in that other episode if they were just going to kill him. Did May kill Andrew? Unless I missed something I feel that was left unanswered. I was only KIND OF suprised Coulson killed Ward (and the way he did it, I guess he smashed his bones, lungs, and heart?) but I KNEW it wouldn't stick, like I knew would happen they had the Inhuman inhabit his dead body. So it's a way to keep Ward around RME. I would of been suprised if Ward died and stayed dead but I knew that wouldn't happen. I also wasn't suprised that they didn't show how the Inhuman REALLY looked, they just have it look like Will then Ward. So those parts were predictable but a great episode. Oh and how happy they had everyone looking when they reunited I just knew that the Inhuman got out in Ward's form so I saw that coming. Felt bad for Simmons, she was crushed to not see Will come back too. Ugh I'm so disappointed, I really liked Will/Simmons but I was prepared for the Inhuman to be in his form if they went there so whatever. Well, here's to Agent Carter.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Too disgusted beyond words about everything - Andrew, Will and Ward. I can't say anything else.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerly (View Post)
Throughout the whole thing I was hoping Will was still Will, even though it was pretty clear he wasn't. :/ So while I wasn't surprised I was still pretty bummed.
It was pretty clear Will was the Inhuman, he said some pretty suspicious things. We did find out though that Will was really Will when Simmons was there. Not that that totally makes sense, but whatever.

And I was totally with Fitz through the whole ep. He went to a lot of effort to do the right thing by Will. And when he figured out that Will was the evil Inhuman, he also did the right thing by worrying more about stopping him than saving himself, being brave and getting physical in a way that it would be hard to imagine for S1 Fitz. And then with Coulson, Fitz was totally right to be disturbed by what Coulson did to Ward, even if Fitz had plenty of reason to want Ward to die.

I did worry a bit in the sneak peek that Fitz ended up bloody, I figured that would put him in danger with the Inhuman.

On FitzSimmons: I think it's completely fair for Jemma to be upset that Will didn't make it. But I was disappointed that she wasn't more happy to see that Fitz did. And I was disappointed that she didn't really fight more to make sure that Fitz could get back, she didn't really seem to question the plan for possibly blowing the castle. And if their positions were switched, I can't imagine Fitz leaving the castle without making sure Jemma got back through the portal.

And I really hope that now that we know Will is dead and that he has been for a while, he doesn't continue to come between Fitz and Simmons. Again, Simmons can be upset about his death and maybe guilty about leaving him behind, but I really don't want to Fitz to pay the price for that.

And again on Will being Will prior to 4,722 - I think it was probably better for Simmons that Will was Will when she knew him but died when she was rescued, then if Will was the Inhuman and she was fooled by him. Either way there's angst for her, but I think the idea that she was fooled into loving someone and sleeping with them is a bit too twisted.

Quote:
Mack and Daisy! They were amazing, I love them as a team. Mack is a great director. I proper laughed when he called the Inhumans on the team the Power Rangers. Speaking of, Joey melting those bullets was awesome.
I'm glad that everyone made it out alive. Although others suspected that Andrew/Lash would die in this ep, I figured he wouldn't, both incarnations are too interesting as characters to get rid of easily. There's certainly more angst for May and Andrew before they're finished with him. And I think it's interesting too the ambiguity in the character, he has his own code that doesn't totally align with SHIELD or Hydra. I actually wonder if they could use him to fight this ancient Inhuman.

Quote:
Coulson killing Ward and the team reuniting were pretty powerful moments, and part of me thought Ward's death would actually stick (I guess you could argue it did, but Maveth!Will seemed to retain his personality and memories, so) and they wouldn't do what everyone speculated they would. What did surprise me, though, is the Maveth actually made it back through the portal, so it'll be interesting to see how they deal with that on a week-to-week basis.
I think it's weird that he managed to get back to earth without the SHIELD folk noticing, and I have a feeling we're never going to get an explanation for that. But I'm not at all surprised that he made it off the planet, as I said before the ep, I think it's possible the show may never go back there. Unless for some reason they need to send him back again to get rid of him, in which case it'll happen at the end of the season.

What's interesting about this Inhuman now is what exactly his powers are that he's such a threat. Sure, he can reanimate a corpse, but his power must go beyond that to have turned a whole planet into a wasteland like that.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
On FitzSimmons: I think it's completely fair for Jemma to be upset that Will didn't make it. But I was disappointed that she wasn't more happy to see that Fitz did. And I was disappointed that she didn't really fight more to make sure that Fitz could get back, she didn't really seem to question the plan for possibly blowing the castle. And if their positions were switched, I can't imagine Fitz leaving the castle without making sure Jemma got back through the portal.
I'm gonna rewatch in a bit but on first glance it looked like a mix between happiness and sorrow. I wasn't disappointed that she went along with blowing it up but I'm sure she prayed they would return without it.

She needs some time to grieve over Will and her guilt for her surviving and he didn't. Once she figures out Ward is the Inhuman, is she then mad at Fitz even when he did everything to prevent it from happening?
Old 12-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogh (View Post)
I'm gonna rewatch in a bit but on first glance it looked like a mix between happiness and sorrow. I wasn't disappointed that she went along with blowing it up but I'm sure she prayed they would return without it.
I shouldn't have said happy exactly ... more like relieved. The way it looked to me was that Simmons didn't even pay attention to Fitz when he came out, because she too busy looking to see whether Will was in the pod too. I think she should have gone over and grabbed Fitz first and asked him what happened to Will.

Quote:
She needs some time to grieve over Will and her guilt for her surviving and he didn't. Once she figures out Ward is the Inhuman, is she then mad at Fitz even when he did everything to prevent it from happening?
Wow, I really hope not. I mean, it played out better than I expected, I thought Fitz would unwittingly bring Will back and then find out he was the Inhuman when it was too late. Instead, Fitz did everything possible to stop that Inhuman from going through the portal - hit him, shot him, and even burned him. As far as Fitz knew he actually killed the thing, there wasn't much more he could have done.

If anything, the one who should be blamed for this is Coulson, because if they hadn't left another corpse nearby, even if it survived the Inhuman probably couldn't have come through the portal.

I'm actually curious what Fitz is going to tell the others about what Coulson did to Ward on the planet. That look he gave him while hugging Jemma was pretty ominous.

ETA - I wanted to add as well that I'm much happier with how things ended for the midseason finale than I was the S2 finale. All of our heroes were safe at the end, and I don't feel nearly as stressed about having to wait for months to see what happens next.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
I shouldn't have said happy exactly ... more like relieved. The way it looked to me was that Simmons didn't even pay attention to Fitz when he came out, because she too busy looking to see whether Will was in the pod too. I think she should have gone over and grabbed Fitz first and asked him what happened to Will.
Relieved is probably a better word. I just rewatched it and Jemma approaches the container when only Mack and Daisy came out. She didn't see Fitz leaving it. There is a shot of her going towards it fixated on who might still be inside or not and she doesn't notice Fitz. Only when she turns around does she see him.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:21 PM
Extreme Fan

You know what? I've changed my opinion. Even though the Inhuman in Ward's body is alive . . . Ward is dead. And I'm finally satisfied. But I'm still disappointed that Mutant Enemy got rid of Will so soon. Again, nobody can waste a character like Marvel.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Relieved is probably a better word. I just rewatched it and Jemma approaches the container when only Mack and Daisy came out. She didn't see Fitz leaving it. There is a shot of her going towards it fixated on who might still be inside or not and she doesn't notice Fitz. Only when she turns around does she see him.
But it wasn't like she ran to him when she saw him either. I just felt like, if I were in Fitz's shoes, it would confirm that somehow she cared more for Will. I just really think that's what Fitz thinks right now, that if he had come back with Will that Simmons would have chosen Will over him.

Again though, maybe I'm just being paranoid, because I'm really hoping now that Will's confirmed dead that Fitz and Simmons can move on and that Will won't come between them anymore.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
You know what? I've changed my opinion. Even though the Inhuman in Ward's body is alive . . . Ward is dead. And I'm finally satisfied. But I'm still disappointed that Mutant Enemy got rid of Will so soon. Again, nobody can waste a character like Marvel.
You wanted a Will/Jemma/Fitz love triangle in 3B? I'm was for the triangle when it was Will on Maveth but on Earth, I think it would have been too much. Not sure what else they could have done with Will other than acclimate him and send him into the world. The cast is huge and with the Secret Warriors probably becoming a more significant story line in 3B there just wasn't room for Will imo.

Quote:
But it wasn't like she ran to him when she saw him either. I just felt like, if I were in Fitz's shoes, it would confirm that somehow she cared more for Will. I just really think that's what Fitz thinks right now, that if he had come back with Will that Simmons would have chosen Will over him.

Again though, maybe I'm just being paranoid, because I'm really hoping now that Will's confirmed dead that Fitz and Simmons can move on and that Will won't come between them anymore.
It won't be all rainbows and unicorns (although unicorns is deadly creatues - Elizabeth would agree). I do think Will will be an issue when we come back in March but it won't last long.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was hoping this would be amazing, but it's pretty much everything we predicted. I wasn't surprised at all. Maybe I should just stop reading everyone's speculations. Everyone here is so good at calling it.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-pop G&Jo (View Post)
I was hoping this would be amazing, but it's pretty much everything we predicted. I wasn't surprised at all. Maybe I should just stop reading everyone's speculations. Everyone here is so good at calling it.
Sorry? hehe