Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2015, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

I feel sorry for the closed-minded people who are bashing Jemma. This was an awesome episode that explained why she has to go back. Will helped her survive and actually find her way back. Can't believe she was there for 6 months!!!

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 10-28-2015, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Luckily I haven't seen any Jemma bashing yet... But then I don't really follow people on places like Tumblr and Twitter who would be the ones hating on her (not pointing fingers but I expect it's coming from hardcore FitzSimmons shippers right now which I sort of get because it must feel like a slap in the face after having your ship be so close to canon, but.....), plus everyone here is very civil I'm not really going to look for it elsewhere because I'm sure it'll make my blood boil. So I'll stay far away from the comments of that article, thanks for the heads up... But I will read both reviews

Quote:
I think it's possible that Jemma will turn out to be an unreliable narrator in her description of what went down on that planet. Dr Garner said something to Jemma in the last ep ... "Memories have a funny way of changing on you when you're not looking." Was it foreshadowing? I think there a lot of little weird things in this ep, and definitely questions left unanswered that I expect will be important later.
I don't remember that line, but that put together with this ep definitely feels as foreshadowing then!

ETA: something completely unrelated, that birthday video she had on her phone? MY HEART I've missed seeing little light random team family moments like this SO MUCH. What a great opportunity to add something like that in.

Last edited by indigo sunrise; 10-28-2015 at 07:16 AM
Old 10-28-2015, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, it's usually comment sections of articles/reviews and some dark corners of Tumblr where character bashing takes place

That birthday video was so cute I saw Skye and Coulson and May
And a Tardis cake, of cooourse.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that gif! I take it Chloe got to wear a wig for that scene, I wonder if she felt at all nostalgic
Old 10-28-2015, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

You're welcome Was working on some iZombie gifs anyway
Yeah who knows, or it's something old they filmed before for some reason Or they did a really good job with that wig, 'cause it looks exactly like how it looked in season 2 (though of course it's pretty dark and all...)
Old 10-28-2015, 08:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo sunrise (View Post)
Thanks for that gif! I take it Chloe got to wear a wig for that scene, I wonder if she felt at all nostalgic
It'll grow back.

Anyway, I dug this episode. About those bad mouthing Jemma, shut up. Stop trying to make things to your agenda.

Did this episode feel like a horror movie at times? Especially with the pond scenes.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascha (View Post)
Yeah, it's usually comment sections of articles/reviews and some dark corners of Tumblr where character bashing takes place
I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but I've been reading a lot on Tumblr and various articles/reviews, and I've seen very little in the way of hate for Jemma. In most comments I've read, people sympathize with her and think Elizabeth did a good job with the ep. Most people are okay with Will too. What people don't like is the introduction of a love triangle, and inconsistencies between this ep and the eps previous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascha (View Post)
That birthday video was so cute I saw Skye and Coulson and May
And a Tardis cake, of cooourse.
The video was cute and sweet, and I wish we had more of that kind of thing. It occurred to me during the ep though that it was a bit inconsistent with S2 ... Jemma's birthday must've happened while she was at Hydra, but in the window of time where Fitz still believed she'd gone to her parents (he mentions them in the vid). Only, Fitz was in a pretty bad place at that time, he couldn't really speak in complete sentences and was pretty depressed even before she left (part of the reason she left really). Yet he seemed happy and stutter-free in that little video. It looked like he was even the one taking the video, which also seems odd given the problems he was having with fine motor skills at the time.

Also kinda bittersweet considering that video represented her giving up on him in this ep, kind of like he felt she gave up around the time that vid was made in S2.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, those ones, and when 'death' appeared for the first time That was creepy! And when that 'astronaut' appeared at the end
It's fitting, since it's almost halloween

Ah Raonaild, then I've seen some exceptions on that rule. I've seen some pretty harsh things But I haven't read a lot of them, stopped pretty soon after reading those bad things I mentioned, so maybe I've just read a couple of bad ones and thereby overlooked the empathizing ones
Old 10-28-2015, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay... Ann Foley just tweeted a couple times explaining that it was deliberate that Jemma wasn't wearing the necklace and then was again - apparently in a scene that was cut, Will found it and gave it back to her
Old 10-28-2015, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

Been mostly silent. I lurk alot because I waver on big a casual to avid fan of the show.

I been keeping up with this season.

I don't really have a problem with the episode. Or the fact that Simmons found comfort with someone who wasn't Fitz. She didn't think she was going home. Or would ever see Fitz again. She's with someone who helped her survive for 6 months. Stuff happens. I am curious though if its revealed if Simmons is pregnant.

Fitz is shown how mature he is by helping her out. He could just leave his competition to die.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ohhh boy that hadn't even occurred to me... I hope they don't go there.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Survivor (View Post)
Fitz is shown how mature he is by helping her out. He could just leave his competition to die.
That's why I'm also not angry at Jemma for asking Fitz for help. She's felt guilty for days before telling him (thereby also putting Will in more danger, if yout think about it). Love interest or not, personal stakes or not, they can't just leave another human being to die on another planet. I'm not sure what Jemma could've done otherwise, she cleary had a hard time asking Fitz for help again (both as a friend ánd as the techincal guy of their team).
Old 10-28-2015, 10:43 AM
New Fan

One thing that bothered me was how healthy Will looked. I just saw The Martian this weekend and the marooned character had lost a ton of weight and had scruffy facial hair after being there for a year and a half. How was Will maintaining muscle tone? How was he powering his beard trimmer? Also, how old was he when he became an astronaut?! The actor looked to be maybe 30, so he became an astronaut when he was...what, sixteen?

“Welcome to Planet Hotness, where if the weird death-monster doesn’t get you, you will remain inexplicably well-nourished and groomed!”
Old 10-28-2015, 11:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimegirl (View Post)
One thing that bothered me was how healthy Will looked. I just saw The Martian this weekend and the marooned character had lost a ton of weight and had scruffy facial hair after being there for a year and a half. How was Will maintaining muscle tone? How was he powering his beard trimmer? Also, how old was he when he became an astronaut?! The actor looked to be maybe 30, so he became an astronaut when he was...what, sixteen?

“Welcome to Planet Hotness, where if the weird death-monster doesn’t get you, you will remain inexplicably well-nourished and groomed!”
We don't know enough about the planet to determine how time effects the body. While it seems like the time Jemma was away is the same in both worlds, maybe aging is slowed due to the planet's atmosphere etc.? So while Will has been gone for 14 years his body as only aged half?

As for the grooming and muscle tone, maybe they brought a manual razor. While he could just let the beard grow it isn't always very comfortable and he could trim it also to stay sane. He would need to have routines to stay sane. This could include working out. He likely build things to keep himself occupied, like the cage Jemma was in. I think it is plausible he looked like he did. Would have been nice for him to explain his appearance though. Maybe that scene was cut?
Old 10-28-2015, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I am curious though if its revealed if Simmons is pregnant.
I would never say never, but I really hope they don't go there. If they did, where do you go with that? The idea of being pregnant could be interesting (if overdone), but the logistics of actually having a baby as part of the show get too complicated.

Quote:
He can't do that. And not just because he's Fitz and he's an unambiguously good guy, but it would also ruin his relationship with Jemma if he did. It's a lose/lose scenario for Fitz, he helps and loses Jemma when they bring back the new guy, or he doesn't help (or puts in anything less than his best effort) and he loses Jemma because she hates him for letting someone she cares about die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogh (View Post)
As for the grooming and muscle tone, maybe they brought a manual razor. While he could just let the beard grow it isn't always very comfortable and he could trim it also to stay sane. He would need to have routines to stay sane. This could include working out. He likely build things to keep himself occupied, like the cage Jemma was in. I think it is plausible he looked like he did. Would have been nice for him to explain his appearance though. Maybe that scene was cut?
I didn't really have a problem with Will's appearance, given that he was so well stocked with supplies. Maybe if he'd been living like Jemma was for the first 4-6 weeks I'd question it.