Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2015, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

Episode Discussion: 2x12, "Who You Really Are" [March 10th]

2x12
"who you really are"

Coulson and team come to the aid of a confused Lady Sif, who has lost her memory
after fighting with a mysterious warrior whose true mission will send shockwaves
through S.H.I.E.L.D. Meanwhile, Bobbi and MacK continue to hide their true mission
from everyone close to them.

Guest starring are Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse, Henry Simmons as Alphonso "Mack"
Mackenzie, Jaimie Alexander as Lady Sif, Eddie McClintock as Vin-Tak, Alexandra Manea
as nurse, Lidia Porto as head nurse, Danny Lopes as Bruno, Ben Griesse as Tiago, Ruben
Rabasa as Mr. Cardozo and Markell Andrew as officer Carvalho.

"Who You Really Are" was written by Drew Z. Greenberg and directed by Roxann Dawson.

[Sneak Peek]
[Sneak Peek #2]
Old 03-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait!
Old 03-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Can't wait. And I'm really glad that I get the Eastern ABC HD feed in my area (I'm on the west coast) so I don't have to wait any longer than is absolutely necessary
Old 03-10-2015, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

Looks good
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 03-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

The Daylight Savings change hasn't hit us yet, so I may do my old "nap before episode" routine. Plus I'm working from home tomorrow, so no stupidly early wake up time!
Old 03-10-2015, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Okay, well ... that was fast.

And what a nasty ending .. I guess Bobbi and Mack's plan is going to be revealed pretty soon.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Like how Fitz was sticking up for Skye
Old 03-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

I liked that scene, but I wish it had played out differently. I wish that Fitz had been able to talk to Simmons without everybody else there and Mack interrupting, though I was glad at least that Fitz tried to apologize to her (even if he ended up yelling by the end). And I wish that the reveal of Skye's powers didn't happen in such a rush at the end, where everybody found out at the same time and nobody really had time to process it.

I'm still on Fitz's side in all of this, and it's sad that Skye kind of agrees with the others at this point. Nothing good will come of that, she's going to end up running to her father at this rate. I was half expecting Skye to leave the base completely, at least she just went to the Bus.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm waiting a little longer so I can fast forward through all the commercials and not get caught up at the end of the episode.

After last week, I'm a little on the fence about things, so I'm hoping that tonight will provide some clarification.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
I liked that scene, but I wish it had played out differently. I wish that Fitz had been able to talk to Simmons without everybody else there and Mack interrupting, though I was glad at least that Fitz tried to apologize to her (even if he ended up yelling by the end). And I wish that the reveal of Skye's powers didn't happen in such a rush at the end, where everybody found out at the same time and nobody really had time to process it.

I'm still on Fitz's side in all of this, and it's sad that Skye kind of agrees with the others at this point. Nothing good will come of that, she's going to end up running to her father at this rate. I was half expecting Skye to leave the base completely, at least she just went to the Bus.
Yeah all this is gonna push her right to her father.. smh
Old 03-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was half expecting Skye to leave the base completely, at least she just went to the Bus.
I totally thought she was leaving the base for a second, I'm glad she didn't. I think there's a possibility she will in the future, but not just yet. I don't know if it's going to push her into the arms of her father exactly, especially with the brilliant plan he seems to have come up with next episode judging from the promo... But it's been hinted that there are some other parties that she might feel more comfortable with for a while.

I liked this episode but I feel like there was a lot going on that I haven't wrapped my head around yet and probably won't until I rewatch it tomorrow. Being the Skimmons trash that I am, my mind mostly just keeps going "She called her Jemma!"

I'm really glad they're finally addressing some stuff though. Yeah, Jemma is hurt that Fitz (and Skye) lied to her, but I think it might also be a way to finally get them to talk. From what was said this episode it's apparent that he still doesn't understand the real reason why she left, and it's about time that they clear that up.

I really loved seeing May and Coulson being so protective of Skye, but that conversation they had near the end worries me.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Bobbi managed to put up a fight against Vin-Tak the Kree? Yet Mack and Nick (or whatever his name is) couldn't? Really?

In "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY", Ronan (another Kree) made mincemeat out of Drax . . . who could have easily wiped the floor with Bobbi. Good grief!
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speak slow (View Post)
I liked this episode but I feel like there was a lot going on that I haven't wrapped my head around yet and probably won't until I rewatch it tomorrow.
Maybe I'll feel differently rewatching it as well, but there were parts that I found a bit clunky. Like, why did Fitz just leave Skye's test results lying around on a tablet while he was in the same room with Simmons? What was he hoping to accomplish with that analysis anyway, will they come back to that? Why was Bobbi analyzing that Kree hammer, when Fitz and Simmons were just upstairs on the plane? Why did Coulson and May go straight to Skye when the quake started at the base, did they already suspect?

One thing I didn't get on first viewing that I've figured out now ... I was confused during the ep when Coulson shouts something to Fitz as May runs off with Skye, and Fitz goes running past Simmons. I didn't understand when I first saw it that Fitz went for Coulson's big gun - the gun is so big and Fitz is hidden behind it, I thought the first time it was actually Hunter holding the gun, and I was confused where Fitz ran off to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speak slow (View Post)
I'm really glad they're finally addressing some stuff though. Yeah, Jemma is hurt that Fitz (and Skye) lied to her, but I think it might also be a way to finally get them to talk. From what was said this episode it's apparent that he still doesn't understand the real reason why she left, and it's about time that they clear that up.
No surprise there ... although they seemed a bit friendlier in this ep prior to that confrontation at the end, they're not going to make any significant progress in their relationship offscreen. And yeah, I wish they'd clear up some of this stuff too, because it seems at least some of the angst between them is due to misunderstandings that could be resolved just by talking.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, that was an interesting episode, though I think maybe more for the set-up value... There are a bunch of ways it could go from here. First, it looks like whatever Mack and Bobbi have planned will happen in the next episode, since it looks like Mack will have to stash Hunter somewhere, and that won't last long...

Will be interesting to see what Cal has cooked up...and it seems like he's already hooked up with the rest of the Inhumans. I agree that things don't bode well for Skye...I think it's a given that the team will drive her away. Worst case, they try to lock her up and Fitz ends up helping her escape. Which would leave them nowhere to go but into the arms of Daddy Dearest.

I also see them setting up an unpleasant moral dilemma... Clearly Cal is psycho (and understandably so), but if you take him out of the equation— If S.H.I.E.L.D. wants to (or seems to want to) put Skye in a glass box and study her, and on the other hand you have the Inhumans, who seem to have lived peacefully among everyone else for generations, and only want to be left alone... then there's a serious question about which side really are the "good guys" in all this.

ETA: Oh, wait, I just remembered where I've seen all this before. It was that other Marvel property that they can't mention in the MCU...
Old 03-10-2015, 11:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Good episode. I definitely need to rewatch it though. Certain parts left me a little confused. I liked the background info on The Kree/ Inhumans. I thought it would take longer for them to find out about that. I loved the Skye and Fitz scenes. While I do think Coulson and May will do what they can to help Skye, it's only a matter of time before she looks for help elsewhere. What does Mack plan to do with Hunter? That seemed stupid of him. I guess he lacks Bobbi's ability to lie.