Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2014, 11:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

I am looking forward to heavily featured Ward. He is a regular and his story needs to be resumed. It's about time. He can't do much with two minutes every other episode.

I love Bobbi. Her and Jemma worked good together. Bobbi and Lance made me laugh and I hope they get more together.

I loved the Fitzsimmons reunion.

I liked the Skyeward this episode, he is once again honest with her and she isn't as harsh as she has been. He seemed to be worried about Skye having the symptoms that Garrett did and I like that he finally spoke about his feelings toward Garrett.

I look forward to next week. Fitzsimmons together. Ward getting his story told. Skye need to know more about her parents. I enjoyed this.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

My favorite episode so far this season. I'm glad Coulson has finally told Skye the truth. Hopefully they can get back to the way they were. Their relationship was my favorite last season. I'm glad Simmons is back.

Skye's father is a little different than I thought he would be. It seems like he wants a chance to know his daughter. Definitely got a Jekyll/Hyde vibe from him. The line about Skye's real name makes me think she is a Marvel character.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:25 AM
Extreme Fan

This season is moving too damn fast. Simmons disappears between the Season 1 finale and the Season 2 premiere, is shown to be a SHIELD mole within HYDRA by the third season and is outed and forced to flee back to SHIELD by the fifth episode? Why on earth did Whedon and the others bother to make her a SHIELD mole within HYDRA in the first damn place? Talk about a waste of a story arc! Did ABC ordered Mutant Enemy and Marvel to divide Season 2 into two mini seasons, a'la "ONCE UPON A TIME"?

I knew it. I knew that when the viewers and the critics impatiently began to bitch and moan about how the Season 1 storyline was moving too slow, ABC and the producers would end up giving them "instant storytelling" for Season 2. And now, they have screwed up this show for me. As for Bobbi . . . who cares? She's just another Marvel "wonder woman" for the fans to get their drawers in a twist over.

God, I hate this season. I really do. Serial drama television is finally going down the drain.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.

Last edited by DR76; 10-22-2014 at 08:46 AM
Old 10-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I only watched a bit.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Just rewatched it there. God, that sequence with Coulson/Raina/the team at the restaurant and Simmons at Hydra was so well edited and directed. Tense stuff.

I'll say it again, BOBBI MORSE. Adrianne Palicki fits in perfectly and she's so fantastic. Props to Kyle MacLachlan too. His first scene with Raina and end tag scene were particularly good. I like the little touch of him wiping the blood off Whitehall's table.

While I would have liked to see Simmons undercover in Hydra a bit longer, I don't think Hydra is quite done with her yet. She's surely on Bakshi's **** list! Which is worrisome.

Also, the cinematography and special/visual effects are so much better this season!
Old 10-22-2014, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

I don't understand people, if you hate the show, stop watching it. Really that simple.

Would it have been nice for Simmons to stay under a bit longer, sure, but maybe that's not the real plot of the season, clearly all this alien stuff is gonna be the prominent storyline, intertwined with Hydra. Simmons undercover was a plot device to further move that along cause had Raina not outed Simmons, then Syke's father never would have went to Whitehall. It's all tied together.

Simmons/Fitz reunion. Yay.

Bobbi Morse. Nice. Being Hunter's ex, that move was unfortunately predicted. Though entertaining.

Coulson finally having to tell Skye the truth. Good. About time.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 10-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

After rewatching it, something stuck out to me and now I don't know if I'm being paranoid or if there's anything to it.

When Bobbi tells Jemma to get to the roof, we see Bakshi and two armed men are heading their way and are about to have a confrontation. Next we see Bobbi she's made it to the roof, only one of the armed men was able to follow her up there and they make it out safe. We don't actually see what happened with Bakshi, presumably she just knocked him out because we see him being fine later on in the episode.

Then once they get back to the Playground, Jemma said this:

"If it hadn't been for Bobbi I never would've made it out. Probably'd been brainwashed, happy to comply to who knows what..."

And it's just making me worried. It's as if they wanted us to have a little reminder about the brainwashing. This whole time we were so worried that Jemma would end up being brainwashed, but what if Bobbi was? We don't see what happened with Bakshi, he could have done his whole triggering comply speech for all we know, to send her undercover into SHIELD. I'm probably almost definitely reaching, but yeah, it's just something that came into my head and now it won't go away
Old 10-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Considering the show itself, that is very possible! I would also be really upset.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just scared (and totally expecting) that they're going to drop the whole brainwashing thing for a while, and then suddenly trigger someone later on in the season when we've all let our guards down and least expect it...
Old 10-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't understand people, if you hate the show, stop watching it. Really that simple.

You're right. Thanks for the advice. I'll take it.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:28 PM
Passionate Fan

I honestly think the show is getting even better. This last episode was so entertaining and intense.I wonder if the pace is picked up because of the new Avengers movie coming up next year. They are setting things up for that. Because we all know its all connected

I actually can't even post details of what I enjoyed because that would be too much and I'm long winded already

I think the investment I had in the characters last season has paid off and I love how they are writing the new characters in. I honestly was apprehensive with all the new people but the writing of the new characters have been exceptional IMO. They only one I really don't like very much is that Daniel Whitehall dude. Might be his acting choices. Honestly, for the past two seasons I've always love the bad guys as much as the good guys but that guy isn't believable. He kind of reminds me of a news anchor. I honestly love it when Raina is on! Her dynamic with team is so fun to watch!

I wanted to post about my fave scene but this eppy there were too many!

Kay
Old 10-22-2014, 08:52 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Personally I've been enjoying the show so much this season, they have improved so much from last season. The only negatives for me are the way their dangling Ward along when he has no purpose and Trip not getting any real writing. Otherwise, the show is kicking ass so far IMO.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:43 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm loving the show. It's very natural for the dynamic between the characters to change based on what happened last season.

However, my issues are Ward and Trip. I think Ward is no longer relevant to the show and they should cut their loses. And they are just wasting Trip with this glorified extra writing. I know the actor has other commitments on Being Mary Jane, so I think they should have said Trip was on some mission and the show would then dedicate an episode with great writing for his character. He is in fact a great character with history that can be properly exploited. Quality is 1000x better than quantity where he's concerned. He would be better used this way, instead of just mouthing stereotypical one liners every episode.

I am disappointed with the Simmons/Hydra undercover plot unless they did somehow brainwash her and allowed her to be extracted so easily just so they could infiltrate The playground. As interesting as this twist sounds, I would hate for any more of the team becoming hydra puppets, brainwashed or not. They have already ruined Ward for me.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:20 AM
Elite Fan

I definitely agree about giving more to BJ Britt to do (is he shooting Being Mary Jane at the same time as SHIELD, or what's the story there?). Where Ward is concerned, he is pretty much an asset to the team because of his insider information (which has proved valuable). He didn't have a huge presence on the show in the first 5 episodes, but all things considered it makes sense. 2x06 will probably jump start things for his character.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:51 AM
Extreme Fan

I think he's shooting both shows at the same time or maybe he's a regular on BMJ and that relegates him to a significantly smaller role on SHIELD.