Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2014, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I wonder if Skye's father is the one who carved the symbols onto the back of the painting?
that's definitely where my mind went too

Also I just need to mention that I love Bakshi a LOT

Last edited by indigo sunrise; 10-15-2014 at 01:07 PM
Old 10-15-2014, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

Bakshi is amazing! The actor is clearly really into being evil.

Also, the end tag with Whitehall and Raina set up the next episode really well. I'm starting to find Whitehall a more intimidating villain now.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
do we not like ward?
I don't.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That device that short-circuited the plane probably released him. That means he's like Alien next week, hiding in the machinery, waiting for the right moment to strike-but at whom?
I doubt it, this was probably one of those great magical tv moments where his existence was temporarily forgotten.

As for the episode. not bad, it's always fun when Coulson and May get together. Enjoyed their interaction. The double dose of action May was fun.

I loved Fitz finally starting to get back into the think of things.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 10-15-2014, 05:58 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't think a short circuit from the bus could release Ward from a underground room at the Playground?! That does not compute. But I didn't see the promo. Is he free next eppy? Hmmmm

I, of course, love the last eppy. When there is more May and Coulson I'm happy. And OMG so true that last May move with the table was amazing! hubby and I re watched a time or two!

Glad to say I still do miss Simmons and Ward (don't shoot me for that. I really like Brett. I hope there is hope for his character) where is Koenig? He's too funny not have him interact with the team.

I thought the bonding was well done. I liked Mac right away when he first appeaered but Hunter not as much but this eppy made really enjoy him. I definitely want more Skye and Triplet. I finally am loving Trip I wish they would give him more to do than be the comic relief.

Fitz/Iain is simply amazing. My heart aches for him. I'm really feeling like Simmons obviously left to see if Hydra has anything to help Fitz. I feel sad he thinks she left because of what he admitted to her.

IMO there was a good balance of action, drama, and comedy. I feel like season2 is now killing it in all the good ways. The special effects alone have been excellent.

My biggest question is how did Hydra get a hold of Nick Fury's tech with that face thing or was that Black Widow's tech? For those of you who didn't watch Winter Soldier that's a shame because its so worth it!

Kay
Old 10-16-2014, 12:26 AM
Loyal Fan

When Skye said he was "downstairs" i thought she meant on the plane. It would make sense to keep him with them because of HYDRA got him alone they'd be completely compromised. Someone with HYDRA has to know they have him (and for all they know Garret) as prisoners and the best possible episode would be one in which HYDRA tries to free him. One of them might escape with him at the end of that episode. Then the next week Ward and the HYDRA person have to cross a wilderness against wild animals and privation while SHIELD searches for them with intent to kill,interrupted by another menace. That way we worry about Ward whether we like him or not.
The third episode of that sequence would end with Ward having to choose between saving the life of Fitz or Melinda (not Skye) or his HYDRA colleague. When he chooses SHIELD that qualifies as redemption in the minds of Coulson, Skye and most viewers, however the doubt remains whether he was brainwashed by HYDRA and is again an enemy undercover and worse than before because the emotion is gone.
That question might never be answered.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:16 AM
Elite Fan

If you're referring to the the psycho line, she said "basement", not downstairs.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:38 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't think saving any member of the team should automatically mean Ward is accepted back, especially in this season. Trust needs to be earned and it can't be over one incident no matter how big it may seem because it could still be argued that he's playing them. And Hydra and its sleeper agents are still a threat to a fledgling SHIELD that's just a hair's breadth from complete destruction at the moment. They honestly can't trust anyone outside of the already established circle as they try to find actual loyal SHIELD agents scattered around the globe before being apprehended by Hydra, that means to make them "comply" by any means necessary or the government that wants to prosecute them for crimes committed by Hydra.

Honestly I would be disappointed in this show if Ward found his way back into the team's good graces so easily considering how they have continued to (realistically) show Fitz's struggles in each episode with barely tiny glimmers of hope that he's not as broken as he is. They can still find Brett something else to do on the show. Ward's a free agent in terms of his loyalties and that can work for plot purposes but I think only in an antagonistic way.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Loyal Fan

A good writer knows where all his characters are at all times. Readers and viewers shouldn't have to work that hard, but when a character reappears there should be a clear explanation available of how he spent the time in-between.
Are you guys telling me the whole team flew to Miami, leaving Ward alone in the dungeon somewhere?
Where's the (brother) of the guy he killed last season? Is he guarding him? That would be a good time for an accident.
Is there any other SHIELD character we have seen last season, in the Captain America or Avengers movies, or mentioned anywhere else that might reasonably be standing guard?
If not, Coulson is doing a terrible job running SHIELD. Fury needs to reappear, even if he has to be recast, and put Melinda in charge.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

The core team flew to Miami, but we've seen that other people work in the background at the Playground. And it's not like Ward is going anywhere? And honestly, we're not working hard to figure out where the characters are.

Quote:
Honestly I would be disappointed in this show if Ward found his way back into the team's good graces so easily considering how they have continued to (realistically) show Fitz's struggles in each episode with barely tiny glimmers of hope that he's not as broken as he is. They can still find Brett something else to do on the show. Ward's a free agent in terms of his loyalties and that can work for plot purposes but I think only in an antagonistic way.
I agree. Ward rejoining the team shouldn't be easy, and if it does happen soon I hope it's out of necessity for a mission.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5555 (View Post)
A good writer knows where all his characters are at all times. Readers and viewers shouldn't have to work that hard, but when a character reappears there should be a clear explanation available of how he spent the time in-between.
Are you guys telling me the whole team flew to Miami, leaving Ward alone in the dungeon somewhere?
Where's the (brother) of the guy he killed last season? Is he guarding him? That would be a good time for an accident.
Is there any other SHIELD character we have seen last season, in the Captain America or Avengers movies, or mentioned anywhere else that might reasonably be standing guard?
If not, Coulson is doing a terrible job running SHIELD. Fury needs to reappear, even if he has to be recast, and put Melinda in charge.

I have noticed other SHIELD agents working with the new agency this season, who are portrayed by extras.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:18 PM
Loyal Fan

I want to know officially that other teams are in the field and taking orders from Coulson, even if they're so cheap they have him hang up the phone once a week thanking someone for saving a country from annihilation. I previously suggested that they have three teams with intersecting characters this season. Now I'd like to see them work towards that for season three, so this show can continue literally forever.
Having one character not appear each week would start the transition. I don't think any one actor here is so popular they couldn't continue without him. Having one of last year's big six die and stay dead would make it certain.
At the very least they could do it like the Original Star Trek and take one unknown with them on each mission. I think you know how that usually went, but it worked.
It occurred to me today that the team would have no trouble getting money because Skye could hack every Swiss bank account of every HYDRA person they identify, plus every NAZI Captain America remembers from the war. Imagine what would happen when one of these businessmen enemies bounces a check to a really mean tyrant.
HYDRA is easier to destroy than SHIELD because it's full of renegades like Garret working for personal glory.