Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

I think Ward needs to die. There is no redeeming him.

The last few of episodes have been great. (I've been on the fence with the show of loving it and then no so much) but today kind of bored or felt like a filler episode me.

Skye has kind of grown on me now since initially I didn't care for the character at all. I am glad she pulled it together that Ward is with Hydra.

I am glad Cobie is coming back next week.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

While it's true that not much happened in terms of the overall story arcs (which, again, was expected), I thought this episode was quality.

Ward and Skye, man! See, this is MUCH better than the stuff we got in the beginning of the season. Chloe's acting when Skye found out about Ward was on point. Plus Skye was super clever this episode and I loved it.

RIP Agent Koenig.

The Cellist! Amy Acker was wonderful. And I want to cry because Coulson/Audrey. :'(

Fitz! As I said in the Fitzsimmons thread, not 100% happy they're going this route with them (I still think it could have been more interesting had they done this storyline from a friendship angle), but I'd like to see how it plays out. This was actually the first episode I believed Fitz could have more than platonic feelings for Simmons. Maybe because he only realised now, idk.

Nice bit of backstory on Trip there!

And speaking of backstory, that tidbit on Ward was pretty dark. I wonder what happened to his little brother.

And the best for last, MELINDA MAY'S MOTHER.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Ward and Skye, man! See, this is MUCH better than the stuff we got in the beginning of the season.

Of course it got better. I'm not surprised that it did. Why do people expect new TV shows to start off with a bang? "AGENTS OF SHIELD" was developing - both in quality and story - like any first-rate series. It's the shows that start off with a bang that I tend to be wary about.

Quote:
Nice bit of backstory on Trip there!
Who knew he would turn out to be Gabe Jones' grandson?

Quote:
Was anyone else bored?
No. Did you guys expected every episode to be another "Turn, Turn, Turn"? If so, you were setting yourself up for constant disappointment. I'm beginning to suspect that when it comes to television, today's audience is becoming increasingly strident for constant action, instead of real storytelling.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.

Last edited by DR76; 04-22-2014 at 08:34 PM
Old 04-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Of course it got better. I'm not surprised that it did. Why do people expect new TV shows to start off with a bang? "AGENTS OF SHIELD" was developing - both in quality and story - like any first-rate series. It's the shows that start off with a bang that I tend to be wary about.
I was talking specifically about the type of relationship Ward and Skye had at the beginning of the season (with him being her SO) versus this new dynamic, actually. You really don't need to say that spiel to me.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

I thought that it was a bit of a filler ep but it is necessary to set up the next.

I'm glad that Skye is playing Ward and that she knows.

I don't like them going down a shippy Fitz/Simmons route. I like them as platonic besties.

So long Koenig.

I missed May this ep.

Though LOL May and her mom.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, that was...interesting.

I wasn't fond of the split plot. Sure, sure, Coulson took a special interest and went chasing after Blackout, great. But it really was just an excuse to split the team up, and it felt like it. Likewise May picking that exact moment to take off? Yuck. Though the scene with her mother almost made up for it.

Nice to see Skye pull it together so well after finding out about Ward. And nice to see her put two and two together and come up with four—I was afraid for a second that she'd jump to the conclusion that May did it. I guess this isn't The Blacklist. But Ward, Ward, seriously? You never put a body up where it's going to bleed all over the place. I guess he missed that day of How to Be a HYDRA Agent 101.

All that excitement about Patton Oswalt, and they killed him off after two episodes. And now he can never be in the MCU again.

About the previews for next week, though...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Wild Pikachu; 04-23-2014 at 12:05 AM
Old 04-23-2014, 05:25 AM
New Fan

Well this eppy was a filler but still was interesting.

Coulson splitting the team was so-so but it was done for a purpose.

The most interesting part was between Ward and Skye. When he passed the lie detector test, I've got the feeling and expressed his feelings for ÙSkye because they are genuine.

He really has it bad for her but his loyalty to Garrett play a big role. IF Hydra goes after Skye, they could unsleash bad Ward....And I think this is what is going to happen next season in order to redeem him. It will a whole arc.à

Didn't care much for Coulson's GF...Don't know, something seemed off for me.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

So Ward is bad?
Old 04-23-2014, 06:57 AM
New Fan

Well he seems bad but you never know. He is loyal not such to Hydra, but to Garrett. if Garrett goes after Skye, I really beleive the gloves will come off. He could be redeem next season but it will take time.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:48 AM
Moderator Manager

I liked that ep. Though I don't really know why Agent Koenig had to suddenly do a lie detector test. I thought once you get past that facility, you can be trusted? Apparently not.

I like Amy Acker but I agree, I didn't really like how Audrey seems to be a 'filler' in this ep. Like suddenly she was there and then she helped kill Marcus and that's it.

And I feel bad for May. Coulson hates her! At least he vowed to make it right with her but it was too late, the Bus is gone! Which brings me to my fave SL in this ep...

Ward/Skye. OMG. Ward was certainly in a rush to kill Agent Koenig, that was a sloppy hiding place. But Skye finding out was awesome, I'm so glad she knows. And she's playing him too. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN! Ship's going down but I will go down with SkyeWard. More about them on their thread.

I can't wait for next week's ep!!!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

When/where was it said that if you got into the facility you could be trusted? I don't remember there being talk of that. =S In any case, it makes sense. Koenig didn't really have much reason to trust anyone other than Coulson.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:27 AM
Moderator Manager

It just felt too random for me, like they did that lie detection thingie so that we can have a tense moment with Ward. Obviously the others will pass. No, there was no mention of complete trust once you're in the facility but I figure perhaps Agent Koenig could've done that earlier on, once they're inside? I don't know, it just seems so off for me like I can do away without that scene.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:34 AM
Passionate Fan

It kind of was a filler episode but I loved it anyways. Still so exciting and interesting. And all the unknowns and how it will all play out. I do like Skyeward but I'm so loving Ward as A bad guy!

I really love the balance of drama, action and comedy. Of course this eppy was definitely more drama and comedy than action. It was still very entertaining with the added OMG and WTH moments!

Kay
Old 04-23-2014, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It just felt too random for me, like they did that lie detection thingie so that we can have a tense moment with Ward. Obviously the others will pass. No, there was no mention of complete trust once you're in the facility but I figure perhaps Agent Koenig could've done that earlier on, once they're inside? I don't know, it just seems so off for me like I can do away without that scene.
I think it was a good idea for the characters themselves, as well as giving us a tense moment with Ward. The way each of them answered the questions gave us nuggets about who they are. In my opinion.

I assumed not much time passed between 1x18 and 1x19. But fair enough if it felt too random.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:45 AM
Moderator Manager

I am loving Ward as the bad guy too. I'm enjoying this all believe me and the last 3 eps are going to be pretty exciting, especially the S1 finale. I just know it!

I assume not too much time will pass between 1x19 and 1x20 as well. I'm already missing Garrett.