Old 03-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

I can breath slightly easier now.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5555 (View Post)
Is Lorelei the Enchantress?
Amora is the Enchantress. Lorelei is her younger sister.

I'm not really getting the Ward/May relationship. They're so cold with each other and it almost feels clinical, like they are just going through the motions. I like both of them as characters, but together it's like watching the paint dry on the wall. Meh.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was hoping Ward would show some emotion for Skye.

Anyway, sadly, Quinn is still breathing,

Great episode.

I was breathless.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Loyal Fan

What I liked:
- Coulson telling the doctor that they were Skye's family
- Quinn being beat up while defenseless to stop it or protect himself.
- Coulson deciding to disobey orders in order to save Skye's life
- Coulson sharing his file with Fitzsimmons in hopes that it would help them
- Bill Paxton's character (I can't think of his name right now). He was a bit of a comic relief and it was kind of refreshing.
- Bringing in Tripp. I look forward to seeing what his interest in Jenna will bring around. I assume he'll be hanging around/visiting, and I'd like to find out why he and Ward don't really get along.
- The bond/friendship the writers are showing between Simmons/Skye. Other than Coulson, she seems to be the one not bothering to hide her emotions...or maybe she feels them more?
- They were able to retrieve the serum that helped bring Skye back to life, though I'm still concerned about it.
- Quinn still being alive. Other than the clairvoyant, he's the main bad guy. I'm glad that he's still alive because he deserves some pain.

Dislikes:
- Quinn is responsible for more questions than answers.
- May being the one to confront Quinn first. I get that she was angry and she wanted to act out, but why her? Don't get me wrong, I like that she finally feels like Skye is officially part of the team, but why now? And why not someone else working out their anger and frustration out on him?
- I didn't like Tripp flirting with Jenna when he did. I'm glad she'll have a love interest, but that was hardly the time, dude! It was obvious that Jenna was upset, don't take advantage of that!
- Why did the mountain have to blow up?! I mean I know it would be bad if the clairvoyant found out about it, but Coulson deserved more time there to explore and remember. What if a latent memory could have come forth?
- Coulson lying to May about what happened when he was alone there. The last thing the team needs is lies between them.

Now, I have a couple questions. What exactly was the HG? I know what it did to Coulson, but with Skye's status, how will her reactions differ? Towards the end, she almost seemed to so seize. If she wasn't an 0-8-4, would she have died then? Because that's what Jenna seemed to think would happen, given her reaction.

Secondly, Quinn mentioned something about a red head. About the agent opening the door for a red head. For a second I thought it was just some random thing, but I'm beginning to think that Agent Hand is involved, in some way. Either she's being used unwillingly or she's in on it (possibly being the clairvoyant herself), I think she was the red head Quinn spoke oh.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Amora is the Enchantress. Lorelei is her younger sister.

I'm not really getting the Ward/May relationship. They're so cold with each other and it almost feels clinical, like they are just going through the motions. I like both of them as characters, but together it's like watching the paint dry on the wall. Meh.
That's her sister! Do they have a mother?
I guess it was Journey into Mystery 103. I haven't seen the Enchantress since Avengers 21. Do you know what she's been doing the last 49 years?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNA (View Post)
Ok, wow. I was literally said WTH out loud. Was that a Chitauri?

And honestly, what happened to Ward? Other than the brief moment at the hospital, he really is a robot.
Yea...I have the same question... but it looked more like one of the ice Giants from the beginning of Thor...first movie... also where Loki is from.

But is it just for healing or does it give them a little extra stregnth for the long term with some side effects?
Old 03-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Quinn still being alive. Other than the clairvoyant, he's the main bad guy. I'm glad that he's still alive because he deserves some pain.
Actually a con.

He needs to die. Horribly.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

I believe people are thinking that alien was a Kree? Had to google that one. And there's also speculation that the reason Skye reacted so well and quickly to the GH325 is because she's half Kree.

Loved the episode! Character moments don't seem to be this writer's strong suit, but the overall episode was very good. Can't want to see more of Garrett and Trip!
Old 03-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by razgriz21 (View Post)
Actually a con.

He needs to die. Horribly.
Oh, I agree, he needs to die...eventually.

But he's the kind of character I want to see die on the screen. I think it would be fitting for Coulson or any of the team kill him, and that obviously wasn't going to happen last night. What'll probably end up happening is he'll some how be broken out of shield custody (whether it's an inside job or not) and he'll either act against Coulson and our team (forcing them to kill him) or Shield will send them after him. One way or another, I want to see the team responsible for killing him.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm watching it again....
Old 03-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've seen the episode and enjoyed it.

I can't say I wasn't happy that Quinn got beaten up.

I also loved Coulson saying they were Skye's family.

So, the blue person / creature was a Kree? And Skye might be half-Kree. Interesting.

Bill Paxton was just brilliant.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
I've seen the episode and enjoyed it.

I can't say I wasn't happy that Quinn got beaten up.

I also loved Coulson saying they were Skye's family.

So, the blue person / creature was a Kree? And Skye might be half-Kree. Interesting.

Bill Paxton was just brilliant.
yea...I also read Kree on the tv.com summary/review Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. "T.A.H.I.T.I." Review: Blue Skyes Ahead? - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Community - TV.com and Krees are in the Guardians of the Galexy...now I have to find out what Krees are.

Did you know that there are thousands of people out there who believe that the USA government and possibly other governments hiding aliens in tubes ....not the Independance Day aliens kind...but the big eyed-grey skinn type....??
Old 03-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, that was interesting.

Quinn—he's been painted as the evil mastermind, but there were a couple of hints dropped in the past couple episodes that suggest he doesn't have any more control over events than, say, Mike Peterson does. For all we know Quinn is getting his orders through his own eye implant/bomb...subverting a billionaire industrialist and making him your puppet seems to be a good way for the Clairvoyant to get the resources he needs for world domination, or whatever. Quinn might actually not be evil at all—though his attitude suggests that he's making the best of his situation.

Kree, huh? I'm still wondering what Coulson thought would happen...or maybe he just got the heebie-jeebies over Skye getting injected with alien goo.

And seriously, we need a book that lists what all these acronyms actually stand for. Considering the joke they made about S.H.I.E.L.D. in the pilot, there's got to be interesting phrases behind all of them.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Loyal Fan

The Kree have been at war with the Skrulls for centuries but I don't think I've ever seen them.
The Skrulls look like Thanos but can resemble anything living.
the right place for the Skrulls to appear would be in a Fantastic Four movie,because they first appeared in FF 2 imitating them and getting them arrested.
That issue was weird. They all have to escape special jail cells in incredible ways. Mr. Fantastic squeezes through a crack. That's the most extreme stretching i ever saw him do, followed by issue 42 when the Thing, hypnotized by the Wizard, stuffs him in a jar.
If they get involved in an extraterrestrial war the show has no hope.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pikachu (View Post)

Kree, huh? I'm still wondering what Coulson thought would happen...or maybe he just got the heebie-jeebies over Skye getting injected with alien goo.
I went and binged the Kree in the marvel universe. I sort of scanned through most of it because I was interested in finding out why people were speculating that Skye might be Kree.

You pose an excellent question that I haven't even considered. Going over everything that I learned today through the site, I don't know why he'd be so worried. And then over in the Skye thread someone posted something about Carol Danvers (the first Ms. Marvel) being a human/Kree hybrid and look how many powers she had. Maybe he was worried that something would manifest within Skye, given her 0-8-4 status? I know he told Skye about her past, but was that all? Is he hiding anything else from her? Does he suspect her origins (if she is Kree)? Because if so, then his reaction would make total sense.

Quote:
The Kree have been at war with the Skrulls for centuries but I don't think I've ever seen them.
And because of the war, their numbers have seriously depleted. According to the site I was reading, it is a crime for a male of a different species to impregnate a female Kree. Maybe that's how Skye came along? She was the result of some taboo affair and the blood bath she was found in was the genetically pure Kree attempting to kill both parents and the baby?

Quote:
If they get involved in an extraterrestrial war the show has no hope.
But they see humans as rather inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, considering how their technology far outshines our. They think that humans have potential, but that it's a long way off before the humans embrace it.

Last edited by LysCat; 03-05-2014 at 10:40 PM