Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2015, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yessss I love her videos so much! this one definitely doesn't disappoint either. Really sums it all up.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Maybe they will be friends again.

Granted, Simmons likes Skye but is scared of powers.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they were never not friends! But it would be great if they could get closer again and show some more scenes between the two of them next season... Depending on what's going to happen to Jemma, of course.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, that's put a big question mark over everything, hasn't it? And of course Skye will be very involved in with the Caterpillars project.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

Chloe and Elizabeth continue to wave the Skimmons flag This is from Liz's Supanova Q&A session a few days ago:

Quote:
Q: I just wanna first up say I’m a really big Fitzsimmons shipper, but if Simmons was to have a relationship with a female character on the show, which one would you want to be with?

EH: Oh! Skye *crowd cheers* I really equal ship Fitzsimmons and Skimmons. Chloe and I are pushing for that which is great and I see it happening. I think they’d be good together!
I also love the positive crowd reaction Skimmons has been getting lately anytime it's been mentioned during a panel.

For a ship that isn't canon, that's pretty cool
Old 06-24-2015, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I love that so much it's so good to have the actual actors support a ship and have it validated in that way

I really loved the crowd reaction to when Chloe mentioned Skimmons! I think even she was surprised by just how vocal they were, so awesome

Of course I'd love it to be canon, but even if it never is it already means a lot that they're so supportive of it.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speak slow (View Post)
Of course I'd love it to be canon, but even if it never is it already means a lot that they're so supportive of it.
I definitely agree
Old 06-24-2015, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

I have a preference for Fitzsimmons. However, if the writers were to decide to go with Skimmons, I'd be all right with it only under the condition that there's no flip-flopping. Once Jemma's made her choice, that's it (which of course usually never happens in shows). I guess I just have a rough time with love triangles.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I would hate for it to become a love triangle type thing if it ever happens, I really don't like those in general but especially in this case it would suck. I'm not a huge FitzSimmons shipper (I love them so much as friends, just not a big fan of the idea of them together romantically), but since the show does seem to be going that way I would want that to be completely resolved before Skimmons ever became a thing, hypothetically speaking. I love the relationship between Fitz, Skye and Jemma so much that I'd hate to see anything tarnish that.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Love triangles bring out the worst in everyone: writers, characters, fans, etc. This fandom has enough problems as it is.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, after struggling through 6 seasons of The Vampire Diaires, I've definitely had it with love triangles

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure if I see Skye and Simmons as a good fit for the long term, but, who knows, a fling, maybe?
FitzSimmons (romantically) is starting to grow on me, and that's because they've both grown so much over these two seasons. I think they're a better (romantic) fit than they were when the series started.

Ah, we'll see. Glad to see no one is up for a love triangle But I guess the writers aren't as well, they've always kept the romance on a plain and realistic level. No soapy stuff so far.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Absolutely agree.
A love triangle wouldn’t be a good look on any of them. Imo, it could easily make Simmons look selfish, Skye look like an in-between girl (if Jemma ends up with Fitz), and Fitz look like a chump for waiting all those years for Jemma to make up her mind.

And yes, it’s great that Chloe and Elizabeth are pretty cool about Skimmons and that there’s fan support.
I was one of the very, very few Jackie/ Eric shippers (That’s 70’s show), so I understand how great it is to have someone else on board your ship.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, love triangles are never one of my favourite things but it would especially become tricky if sexuality were to get involved. As a bi person myself I would absolutely love it if that were to be explored, but it would have to be handled very cautiously and be done very well and not have it look like Jemma was just experimenting or whatever until she eventually goes back to Fitz or something like that.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

LGBTQ representation is important, and that's something that AOS is lacking. Having Skimmons become canon would be huge, but not at the expense of the characters. And like Val mentioned, not if it's used as a plot device/cheap stunt.

As a femslash shipper these issues are kinda tricky because you DO want your ship to become canon, no matter what, cause representation is paramount. But a love triangle between F/S/S would add so much drama to an already troubled fandom, and like we've mentioned, history shows us that love triangles tend to be handled horribly in TV. So no thank you.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I still ship it with the power of a thousand suns and I probably always will, but it wouldn't be right if it were to happen anytime soon. It was one thing speculating about it actually becoming a thing before Jemma sort of confessed she might feel more for Fitz after all, because for a while there it did seem very plausible that Jemma could be queer, because there definitely were some hints that could've been taken that way and also, a lot of scenes could absolutely be read as if she has a huge crush on Skye. But now that they've taken the actual first steps towards FitzSimmons, that puts things in a different light.

Either way, this show is severally lacking when it comes to queer representation and I hope that changes soon because yeah, it's so important.