Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She is making us all numb to the painful memory

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
Old 10-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Apparently she enjoys the suffering of others...

Jksjks!
Old 10-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love that gifset on the last page

I guess now that she's back it's a bit easier to hear that word again.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Miros

Val said it was okay, so I took the opportunity to say it twice. The more we say it now, the easier it'll be to hear it. That was my thinking around that.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes! It's like Voldemort. Saying it a lot takes power away from it
Old 10-11-2015, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

Very logical....
But if you were paying attention, you'd notice Val still refers to it as "that word."
Old 10-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Baby steps, okay I'm barely used to reading it now, saying it myself will come next
Old 10-13-2015, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They seem a little too clueless on how to deal with Simmons. How can they not notice her sensitivity to noise

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
Old 10-13-2015, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

Awwww, Simmons...

Why does she have to go back?!?
Old 10-13-2015, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess she's feeling a little detached from reality on earth. Sleeping must be different, sound must be different. Stuff like that. Maybe life on the Alien planet as screwed up as it was, seems like the new reality to her.

I guess it could also be a realization she had during the date. It seems like she went back to the lab pretty quickly after that. Perhaps she's afraid of what will happen to the others and in particular Fitz, if she stays, i don't know. Just thinking out loud

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
Old 10-13-2015, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

There's speculation that she made friends in that other planet, so she wants to go back and help... But that would mean even MORE characters to an already large ensemble.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros (View Post)
There's speculation that she made friends in that other planet, so she wants to go back and help... But that would mean even MORE characters to an already large ensemble.
I would think, if that were the reason, she would say so. She apparently did tell Fitz quite a bit about the place, including the fact that she was hunted by something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Cool (View Post)
I guess she's feeling a little detached from reality on earth. Sleeping must be different, sound must be different. Stuff like that. Maybe life on the Alien planet as screwed up as it was, seems like the new reality to her.
I would not be surprised if the reason she wanted to go back had to do with her having difficulty adjusting to life back on earth. But then again, she did run to the portal when she saw the flare, and grabbed Fitz's hand to pull her back to earth, and she was genuinely grateful to him that he rescued her. So I'm thinking it's not just that she's having trouble readjusting - she wants to be back on earth, but has some unfinished business back on the other world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Cool (View Post)
I guess it could also be a realization she had during the date. It seems like she went back to the lab pretty quickly after that. Perhaps she's afraid of what will happen to the others and in particular Fitz, if she stays, i don't know. Just thinking out loud
It seemed to me like what triggered her breakdown in the restaurant was the red wine. I'm guessing it reminded her of blood. And I agree, the way it played out it seemed like something at that dinner was the trigger to try to reactivate the portal.

And if she really is concerned about something back there being dangerous to her friends, trying to reopen the portal seems like a dumb move, because it could let whatever it is through to earth.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:56 PM
Elite Fan

I feel like (for example in the lab when you saw the camera all around) she still feels something all around her, 'hunting' her. One of the characters (Was it Coulson?) said that he didn't even think she had seen what was hunting her. So what if its invisible? Or is Invisible in our world? I think she wants to go back through the portal because at the sight of the wine that reminded her of blood, the feeling of being hunting by something she might have previously written off as someone watching her. Its mostly just a theory.

Also hi. I've lurked on here before but I haven't posted. Also Hey Cece!

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 10-14-2015, 12:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicEmpress (View Post)
I feel like (for example in the lab when you saw the camera all around) she still feels something all around her, 'hunting' her. One of the characters (Was it Coulson?) said that he didn't even think she had seen what was hunting her. So what if its invisible? Or is Invisible in our world? I think she wants to go back through the portal because at the sight of the wine that reminded her of blood, the feeling of being hunting by something she might have previously written off as someone watching her. Its mostly just a theory.
It was Fitz who said Jemma had been hunted by something but she didn't say what, and that he didn't know if she knew. But that's just Fitz's opinion, it's possible that Jemma did know but didn't want to say.

I also have to wonder whether whatever was "hunting" her was mainly trying to scare her. "Death by punishment" was what the sign said, maybe the point of that place was to make whoever was sent there live in perpetual fear, not to kill them quickly. Because I'm a bit suspicious that she managed to survive for so long with no resources if she was really being hunted the whole time - sure, Jemma's determined and smart, but I just don't see her being able to scare off something truly dangerous with a sharpened stick, especially being alone, exposed and weakened by lack of food and/or water. I even wonder if maybe what was hunting her was in her head, put there to make her afraid.

I'm interested to see what happens when Garner shows up to talk to her, and what he thinks about her fear and her need to go back to that world. Coulson mentioned that he'd already booked Garner to talk to Jemma, I expect it'll either happen in the next ep or the one after that.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicEmpress (View Post)
Also hi. I've lurked on here before but I haven't posted.
Hi, welcome!

Quote:
I also have to wonder whether whatever was "hunting" her was mainly trying to scare her. "Death by punishment" was what the sign said, maybe the point of that place was to make whoever was sent there live in perpetual fear, not to kill them quickly. Because I'm a bit suspicious that she managed to survive for so long with no resources if she was really being hunted the whole time - sure, Jemma's determined and smart, but I just don't see her being able to scare off something truly dangerous with a sharpened stick, especially being alone, exposed and weakened by lack of food and/or water. I even wonder if maybe what was hunting her was in her head, put there to make her afraid.
Really interesting theory, I could see it being something like this. Especially with how she worded it to Fitz when she told him the curiosity went away once the fear set in. I don't know... It just sounded like an odd way of wording it to me, but if it's anything like your theory that would make sense.