Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2018, 07:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

5x19 "Option Two " Episode Discussion (April 27th, 2018)

5x19 "Option Two "
Episode Discussion

Episode Discription:
The team finds themselves trapped and under siege at the Lighthouse.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting this!

Sneak Peek:
Old 04-27-2018, 07:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for the sneak peak
Old 04-27-2018, 07:44 PM
New Fan

It looks like Fitz being locked up for everyone's safety has already been handwaved at this point. Not sure why the writers had him torture Daisy if they were simply going to handwave any consequences to those actions.

Still don't care for Deke.

Mack is upset with Elena, but doesn't seem upset with Fitz for nearly killing him a few episodes back. Okay.

Not sure why they had the 'secret ingredient' be something from Jiaying - at this point, given body decomposition, it doesn't make much sense.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Again like I said with this show when they have a bigger issue to deal with all the small moments get pushed aside .. I wish they didnt bring the doctor back to torture daisy I hated that it wasn't needed
Old 04-27-2018, 11:17 PM
Loyal Fan

I liked that the show addressed the tension between everyone on their differing views on things. Given how the writers tend to ignore things, I thought they'd downplay this situation.

Deke-I still don't enjoy his character. I do hope he just blinks out of existence and soon.

I'm still not caring for Elena at this point. When she was crying after her talk with Mack I was actually talking to my television screen telling her that she did it to herself. It would serve her right to finally help break the loop and then not have Mack by her side afterwards. Oh and then saying they had a solution to fix the word ending until Coulson brought Daisy back with them. Seriously?! Who is this version of Elena? Is it an LMD?

And can someone tell me what her issue with Daisy is? Wasn't she on the Secret Warriors team with her? Where is this hostility coming from? Because it didn't just start after this past mission. She's obviously felt that way for a while. Oh, and it isn't like Daisy just assumed command, Coulson gave her the position. If people had issues with it, why not say something to him instead of taking it out on Daisy?

Yo-Yo & Fitzsimmons: The idea that the three of them didn't think they did anything wrong in going off on their own? I'd say I'm surprised, but given the way they've been the last few episodes, I'm really not. So, because of their actions, Hale sold them out to the aliens. And the gravitonium was brought back to the Lighthouse which is why the base was attacked. Because they went off on their own, it granted Talbot the opportunity to infuse himself with the other 92% of gravitonium. So the timeline could have changed if they A). didn't go off on their own in the first place or B). didn't kill Ruby and instead let Hale and Daisy talk her down where they could have figured out a way to neautralize the situation. It seems to me, the more they try to change things, the more things stay the same.

Why would they writers include Daisy's torture if they're just going ignore any consequences that should happen to someone who did what Fitz did? Fitz's actions as the Doctor are no difference than what Ward did to Fitzsimmons at the end of season one. Was it just to torture Daisy and have her play the victim for the sake of adding extra issues within the team? Because I can't imagine it was for character development.

I didn't think Talbot was going to be the one to infuse himself with the gravitonium. I thought that the only way to defeat the aliens was for someone to go through that, but I thought it would have been Daisy or Coulson.

I'm intrigued that they mentioned Jaiying and I'm wondering what Daisy will find when she opens the coffin. Given her powers, would she decompose or would she still, for lack of a better word, be juicy? I mean if she's there at all. I hope Daisy can get something from her, because I can't imagine SHIELD without him involved in some capacity.

"Actually, I think they were her balls." Of the whole eight minutes she was on screen, at least it was memorable. I wonder if it means anything that Robin gave him that picture? Or was it just her being a sweet child and giving away her drawing?

Okay, so back to that drawing that the show focused on last episode... it was one big body with five small bodies inside it. So, that would be the gravitonium and the essences inside of it. The two figures in the head are Ian Quinn and I forgot the Doctor's name. Then Carl Kreel was partly absorbed, wasn't he? So he would be one small body. And of course Ruby would be another body. So does that mean Talbot is another body? So that leaves two more bodies for be absorbed by it. I wonder who it'll be.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Mack is upset with Elena, but doesn't seem upset with Fitz for nearly killing him a few episodes back. Okay.

Yes, he was upset with Fitz. Also, he's more upset with Elena because he is in love with her.

Quote:
It would serve her right to finally help break the loop and then not have Mack by her side afterwards.
Why? Because she murdered Ruby and felt no remorse for her action?

Daisy tried to murder Ward back in mid-Season 2 and felt no remorse. She also tried to murder Mack in Season 3. Although she was under HIVE's control at the time, the lattert had never ordered her to attack Mack. She made that decision on her own. However, Coulson did murder Ward . . . and felt remorse. Fitz was unable to understand Coulson's remorse and saw nothing wrong with the latter's action. So, is Coulson the only one who deserves our sympathy?

Quote:
And can someone tell me what her issue with Daisy is? Wasn't she on the Secret Warriors team with her?
And didn't that end in disaster, because Daisy fell under HIVE's spell?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:19 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Again like I said with this show when they have a bigger issue to deal with all the small moments get pushed aside .. I wish they didnt bring the doctor back to torture daisy I hated that it wasn't needed
The problem is that it seems like the show has no intention of doing with those issues, similar to how season two dealt with Fitz and Simmons having ideological issues that were brushed aside for the Real S.H.I.E.L.D. threat and then were never dealt with, or how Fitz and Simmons agreed to push the reset button in season three so nothing that took place between them for the last two seasons mattered because the show had no intention of dealing with it.

Of course, YMMV, but given how Daisy had to be there for Framework Ward last season (a replica of the man who terrorized her) in a story that ridiculously mitigated Ward's crimes and used his victims to prop him, and how Deke selling Daisy into slavery was handwaved this season, I'm more than a little annoyed that another man gets to harm Daisy and it's not properly addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Yes, he was upset with Fitz. Also, he's more upset with Elena because he is in love with her.
I'm not seeing how he's upset with Fitz.

Quote:
Daisy tried to murder Ward back in mid-Season 2 and felt no remorse.
Considering Ward threatened to rape her in the season one finale and kidnapped her again and brought her to the man who tortured and murdered her mother, he more than deserved to be shot multiple times.

Quote:
She also tried to murder Mack in Season 3. Although she was under HIVE's control at the time, the lattert had never ordered her to attack Mack. She made that decision on her own.
That's not how mind-control works. You have no agency when you're under mind-control.

Quote:
And didn't that end in disaster, because Daisy fell under HIVE's spell?
No, it's because the team felt that they couldn't trust S.H.I.E.L.D., which is why Joey left, and Elena might have left for good if not for Mack. Lincoln was only ever there because of Daisy.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

i dont know i would love one episode to clam the storm TBH i mean i want my team back for sure..

Joey that was his name i wonder why he left , but i guess after he killed someone he didnt enjoy it .

Wait when did ward try to rape daisy? , i remember him betraying her but i dont remember him being that bad .

The sad thing is no one on this team is innocent so judging or blaming on another doesn't work

I think everyone here has different idea on what is right or wrong with certain actions lets try and remember to respect everyone's opinions
Old 04-28-2018, 08:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Why? Because she murdered Ruby and felt no remorse for her action?
No, because she's acting crazy. Because she's way past the point of obsessive over this issue. She acted out against her friends and lover and sees nothing wrong with it, That's why I say it would serve her right.

Quote:
No, it's because the team felt that they couldn't trust S.H.I.E.L.D., which is why Joey left, and Elena might have left for good if not for Mack. Lincoln was only ever there because of Daisy.
Thank you. What you said!

Quote:
I don't remember the show specifically mentioning that Mack was upset with him or showing it. I remembered the following episode after everything happened he was trying to sooth Simmons and excuse away Fitz's actions.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:33 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Wait when did ward try to rape daisy? , i remember him betraying her but i dont remember him being that bad .
I'm talking about this scene: she's the red corvette

Quote:
The sad thing is no one on this team is innocent so judging or blaming on another doesn't work
What Fitz did isn't comparable to what anyone else has done, though, and that he seems to have skated on any real punishment for torturing Daisy for a second time - soon after the show handwaved Deke selling her into slavery - only compounds the problem when men can harm Daisy and are not held accountable for doing so.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

"Told you I can fix this."
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Dama aside, I enjoyed the episode very much. Talbot being the one wielding the gavitonium was priceless

I hope Deke makes it out alive this season and stays. I like his childish character. Considering all the dark paths that everyone's taking, he's kind of a relief (and I'm all for Daisy having a new love interest)
Old 04-28-2018, 02:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobsel Vith (View Post)
I'm talking about this scene: she's the red corvette

What Fitz did isn't comparable to what anyone else has done, though, and that he seems to have skated on any real punishment for torturing Daisy for a second time - soon after the show handwaved Deke selling her into slavery - only compounds the problem when men can harm Daisy and are not held accountable for doing so.
Humm see I dont see that as you guys do , I never thought that as him wanting to 'Rape' her I think he wanted to open her dark side and join hydra .

Fitz needs help yes , when will he get it i dont know .

Idk I dont like deke as a love interest, I dont mind him to stay if need be cause shes is the only lightness right now . But I dont want him with daisy she doesn't like him in that way.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Was this episode supposed to align with Infinity War? Sorry if this has already been asked.