Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2018, 06:16 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LysCat (View Post)
What's with Deke? Was it really necessary that he point out how Daisy has been acting while she's been in charge?

Which, by the way, I would like to know what she's done that's so horrible. If someone strapped me to a table and performed a painful and invasive surgery like that while knowing it could permanently harm me, I'd want him or her locked up too.
Fitz nearly killed most of the team with his careless actions, so I think Daisy has been fairly reasonable this whole time about Fitz. He's the potential for another Ward situation to blow up in their faces.

Quote:
I don't think she's being too out of line. Think back to when she returned to the team after the Hive fiasco, Coulson had her locked up. It was the right thing to do then, I think Fitz being locked up is the right thing to do now.
True, but I think Daisy is always going to be placed under a different position. Look at how some online harshly criticized her for trying to save Simmons because she didn't have a plan, but those same people praised Fitz for trying to save her without a plan and being reckless while doing so (like when he tried talking to her despite how easily anyone could have overheard him).

Quote:
While Daisy is emotional about what happened where Fitz is concerned, she isn't doing it to punish him. She isn't a vindictive character. She's doing it to protect everyone else.
I agree. Anyone would be somewhat emotional mere hours after being tortured, but there is no sign that she's trying to be vindictive about keeping Fitz locked up when he's clearly a danger to others.

Quote:
Maybe I'm reaching here, but it seems to me like Deke mentioned his observation on purpose. Almost like he's trying to encourage the fracture between Daisy and the others. Maybe now that she has her powers back he's worried that she will become the Destroyer of Worlds and he's attempting to separate her from everyone else so that if he decides she's a big enough threat he can take care of her without so many people between them? He's made no secret about doing what it takes to survive, he even spoke of it in the episode while he was soothing Fitz's ego.
You could be right. Deke turning out to be an antagonist would certainly rectify how this show has tried to frame Daisy's slaver in a positive light in previous episodes (since it has been unwilling to hold him accountable for what he did to her).

Quote:
I don't like the Daisy vs. Fitz angle going on. They've always had a very sweet relationship and even though they aren't as close as they are with other characters, they still had their moments. That being said, I guess since Daisy and Mack were the only ones that were harmed by Fitz, it's okay to brush it under the rug?
This show is making a nasty habit of trivializing Daisy's trauma, and this isn't even the first time Fitz tortured her (she was incredibly magnanimous when she forgave him for that, too).

Quote:
As to where when Ward turned, he screwed the entire team, not just one or two people. And shame on Jemma and Yo-Yo for excusing it as a necessary action to change the future. I guess so long as the future doesn't come to pass some people are expendable?
I'm disappointed that Yo-yo joined Simmons; she had such a nice friendship with Daisy, and even helped her when she left the team after Lincoln's death. To care nothing about what happened to her is sad.

Quote:
And speaking of changing the future... What episode was it that Daisy watched the video showing her using her powers to get the jet off the ground just as everything went to hell? Taking that as an example, nothing has changed. Fitz obviously did the same thing to her the last however many times around and the world still ended. Honestly, what has changed?

Oh, and letting Fitz out of the holding cell?! He seems to have this Jekyl/Hyde thing going on. I don't doubt that he thought he was doing the right thing, but what's going to happen when he comes face to face with this new version of Hydra? Which persona is going to win out then, Fitz? Or the doctor?
If this ended up blowing up in Simmons' face, it would serve her right. She isn't thinking rationally about the danger Fitz poses.

Quote:
This show is frustrating me, and I'm disappointed in the way that things are going. I know the staff has said they're trying to wrap open ended story lines in case this is the last season, but it seems like they're just creating more issues. I honestly don't see how things within the group will ever go back to what they were before. Or perhaps I should say, how will it go back to the way it was before in a realistic way.
Realistically, Daisy wouldn't forgive Fitz because this show should actually have consequences to actions (and it's getting tiresome how Daisy is constantly put in this situation where the men who harm her simply get a pass), but considering how Deke's actions were poorly handwaved, I wouldn't hold my breath for the writers to actually hold certain characters accountable for crossing some serious moral lines.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
I think it's unclear what we're supposed to think about the situation with the team right now. Last ep, it seemed like Daisy was letting her emotions get the better of her, and refusing to let Fitz out because he was Hydra or something, and even May was questioning her plans to go to Robin for help finding Coulson. But in this ep, she seemed a bit more reasonable, and she was right about Fitz being "sick" in some way.

I felt uncomfortable when Deke admired what Fitz did to Daisy, and I don't think Fitz was too happy with that either. It's not a good thing at all.

Instead of being so focused on whether Fitz should be locked up or not, I feel like there should be more discussion about how to change the future. Like they got so caught up in arguing over Fitz, they didn't stop to discuss whether going after this gravitonium weapon that they think Hale is building is actually a good idea. And if it is, what is the best way to do it? And since Fitz's theory is that the future can't be changed at all, why bother, shouldn't they instead try to think through the sort of circumstances that could change the future?

What I've found frustrating about this show for a while now is that they spend a lot of time and effort setting up these complicated, emotional plotlines, then just let them fizzle without a satisfying resolution. There have been many examples of this, but certainly the whole Framework arc with Fitz was like this, they put us through the emotional wringer for a 3rd of the season but then had no resolution for Fitz back in the real world. I'm glad they seem to be aiming towards a resolution now for that at least (I was afraid this would all be completely forgotten about in the excitement of the new season), but I worry that what will happen is that the action and the plot twists will always be the top priority and they won't really have time for proper closure for the characters.
I do agree I am somewhat happy that they are dealing with fitz issues and I for.one agree with locking him up , his not himself at.all.and we dont know how far he will go.

To the deke thing I feel he is will always be on fitz and Simmons side cause his their grandkid but i dont think he has a real say with anything important his not really part of.the team

And tbh the whole team.needs to.figure out a way to safe the world it is still going to get broken apart. Separating isn't the answer

Last edited by Summer Falls; 04-07-2018 at 09:07 AM
Old 04-07-2018, 01:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I felt uncomfortable when Deke admired what Fitz did to Daisy, and I don't think Fitz was too happy with that either. It's not a good thing at all.
Yeah, I caught that too. Regardless of which persona Fitz chooses to emulate, I think that is going to be something that sticks with him. Who knows, maybe if my thoughts about Deke doing something to Daisy do come to pass it will be Fitz that helps to save her? It would be the writers way of having Fitz redeem himself?

Oh, and did anyone else catch the way that Deke called Daisy 'Johnson' instead of by her first name? Was it his way of trying to depersonalize her?

Quote:
To the deke thing I feel he is will always be on fitz and Simmons side cause his their grandkid but i dont think he has a real say with anything important his not really part of.the team
Deke isn't on anyone's side but Deke's. If he didn't find out that they were his grandparents, I don't think he'd give a rat's ass about either of them. His interest in them is strictly about making sure that he eventually gets born. We've seen how Deke has mumbled under his breath where Fitz is concerned. Until last night when he found 'respect' for Fitz, he never cared about him. I think that since Fitzsimmons now know about his familial relation to them, he's going to do what he can to use it to his advantage.

Last edited by LysCat; 04-07-2018 at 02:29 PM
Old 04-07-2018, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

Another good episode.

I love Talbot. He cracks me up. And could I love Coulson any more? I love Cap’n Crunch too.

Loved May and Robin.

I like Deke. I don’t think he is going to turn out to be a villain. I think he grew up in a different world and under very difficult circumstances so I cut him slack. But we’ll see. TI think uses humor and a general smart mouth to hide insecurities. Yeah he did some horrible things in the future but he also was willing to sacrifice himself so there is good there.

I understand the Daisy and Fitz thing from both sides. I certainly get Daisy’s anger and not trusting him. But I also love Fitz and want to see them get past this.

What was up with Hale letting her hair down?

I think Dove Cameron is doing a good job but I just can’t take her that seriously or care about Ruby. But like Deke I think she clearly has been put through a lot.

Hoping Daisy kicks her butt next week.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

Another very strong episode. This is the best season so far.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Another good episode.

I love Talbot. He cracks me up. And could I love Coulson any more? I love Cap’n Crunch too.

Loved May and Robin.

I like Deke. I don’t think he is going to turn out to be a villain. I think he grew up in a different world and under very difficult circumstances so I cut him slack. But we’ll see. TI think uses humor and a general smart mouth to hide insecurities. Yeah he did some horrible things in the future but he also was willing to sacrifice himself so there is good there.

I understand the Daisy and Fitz thing from both sides. I certainly get Daisy’s anger and not trusting him. But I also love Fitz and want to see them get past this.

What was up with Hale letting her hair down?

I think Dove Cameron is doing a good job but I just can’t take her that seriously or care about Ruby. But like Deke I think she clearly has been put through a lot.

Hoping Daisy kicks her butt next week.
again i agree i do agree with everything here

side note do we have a lot of marvel fans here? cause you can really tell that they are leading up to the movie
Old 04-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

Yeah. I love the Marvel characters. I’m really looking forward to the movie.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Yeah. I love the Marvel characters. I’m really looking forward to the movie.
me to they are 100% leading up to it the alien invasion is so thanos coming to earth
Old 04-08-2018, 09:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
me to they are 100% leading up to it the alien invasion is so thanos coming to earth
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. With the threat of Thanos coming to Earth, why would another alien force come and attack them separately. I think it's all tied together.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

That’s what’s keeping me tuned in! Looking forward to how this will all wrap up.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yes I'm glad we all agree my sisters and I were discussing this I even think the crew was connected to them .. and my sister was saying someone wrote that Ruby's weapons are from wakanda.

Got this episode was full on the sad fact is they are all right but doing it the wrong way I dont like the team being split up

Last edited by Summer Falls; 04-08-2018 at 09:10 PM