Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2015, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

I agree that I really don't need any crap with random new characters like that woman against Alison? yeah I don't need that.

We'll be getting more Donnie, apparently more Paul and male clones. What happens to Art tho? what's his plot now? Scott is just there to be friends with Cosima, that's fine. I am not asking for more cause that's always been his function but what about Felix? he's not really a comedy relief anymore yet he still has no storyline.

They're giving a stronger storyline to Delphine, that's fine. She's getting interesting (for me) now, and that's cool and all. But we're getting new doctors, new DYAD people, new useless people, like the cast is getting so huge now and most of these characters have nothing to do. I would appreciate more Felix, more Mrs. S, more Art, more Cal even and even Paul... but adding a bunch of castor clones, new friends and enemies while trying to keep the original cast intact (because no one dies in this show unless you're really evil or you're a non needed clone) is a little bit of a nightmare. Is going to feel so uneven. Like I watched ep 2 already and I thought ep 1 felt pretty much like the normal OB but ep 2 feels way different. It was good is just different... trying to compensate the lack of characters in one episode with the next one. Is reminding me of GOT and I really don't need that.

I am here for the "let's rescue Helena" plot because of Sarah/Helena reasons but I just don't see where everything else is going. Mostly for Alison.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Most of Alison's story has been a distraction, providing comedic relief from the gritty drama going on elsewhere. I don't see Marci's involvement any different from previous, though I had hoped that Alison would have a more Leda centred role this year, but it appears not! I hate musicals so it's better than that ****

We knew that castor was coming, I'd hoped for three but four kinda makes sense as much as I don't like it. I can't comment on 3x02 as I won't watch until next week, but in 3x01 Ferdinand was the only "important" character introduced. Maybe he was in it a little too much, but I think he played a pivotal role in setting up season three and as he's gone back to Zurich with Delphine I don't think (well hope) we'll be seeing much more of him in S3.

Maybe Fe's story starts later in S3, characters often drift in and out depending on the narrative required for a particular episode and that's the case for Fe at the moment. He's not going to be forgotten!
Old 04-21-2015, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I had hoped Alison would be more involved as well. This episode proved that she can be involved in the clone drama and still have her own storyline.

I don't feel like there are lots of new characters because most of them are replacing characters from the previous season or aren't going to be significant enough to really mention. There are only like four or five new characters that were worth mentioning as appearing in the show and the silent guy that was meant to kill Alison was supposedly one of them, and he didn't even say a word! So really, I'm not that concerned about them. I personally would rather watch the Castor clones over Henrik's Prolethean clan.

Based on what we've heard about the season it sounds like Felix's storyline starts when Cosima's does as well. I feel like Fee has come to accept that his private life is somehow going to always be interrupted unless he distances himself from the clone drama, but at the same time he doesn't want to do that because it also means distancing himself from Sarah and his family. So instead he does what he has to do and keeps the people he loves from destroying themselves.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
We'll be getting more Donnie, apparently more Paul and male clones. What happens to Art tho? what's his plot now? Scott is just there to be friends with Cosima, that's fine. I am not asking for more cause that's always been his function but what about Felix? he's not really a comedy relief anymore yet he still has no storyline.
This x100. I'd honestly rather watch a 100 Art and Felix plotlines than any more Donnie or Castor plotlines.

Quote:
I am here for the "let's rescue Helena" plot because of Sarah/Helena reasons but I just don't see where everything else is going. Mostly for Alison.
Same.

Quote:
And we know how they plan to cure that.
Don't remind me.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-21-2015, 11:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I personally would rather watch the Castor clones over Henrik's Prolethean clan.
I agree, what purpose did the proles serve in S2, bar get on a lot of peoples nerves? Castor's not ideal, but as a plot device it's far better than Henrik's mob!

Quote:
Don't remind me.
Maybe Shay will reject any Cosima advance and remind her that Delphine is the one she loves.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
please no more spoilers for 3x02!
Sorry. I didn't think it could be considered as a spoiler. My bad.

Quote:
Maybe Shay will reject any Cosima advance and remind her that Delphine is the one she loves.
Have you seen Cosima? You CAN'T reject her.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Maybe Shay is evil. That is just my wishful thinking again.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiKolla (View Post)
Sorry. I didn't think it could be considered as a spoiler. My bad.

Have you seen Cosima? You CAN'T reject her.
Maybe I'm being a bit too particular, it's just that if Cos' third scene is half way through 3x02 then I know there's going to be no more Cosima in the episode. And with what's come to light on another thread I've a good idea what one of those scenes is about.

That's true, but maybe Shay will see beyond that and try to help Cosima deal with her broken heart rather than steal it.

This is a general statement rather than continuation of the post above.:

A lot has been said elsewhere on this board about the hatred, if that's not to strong a word, that Delphine gets elsewhere on the net. Would it not be sad if Shay gets the same here? Isn't it better to have a measured debate rather than stoop to the level of those that so vehemently express their dislike of Delphine?
Old 04-22-2015, 02:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOT (View Post)
I agree, what purpose did the proles serve in S2, bar get on a lot of peoples nerves? Castor's not ideal, but as a plot device it's far better than Henrik's mob!
Exactly. The Proletheans have in general not moved the plot very much at all except in Helena's case. At least Castor involves more of characters in their storyline so it's not so separate.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
That's true, but maybe Shay will see beyond that and try to help Cosima deal with her broken heart rather than steal it.
We can only hope.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-22-2015, 10:02 AM
Loyal Fan

I liked the Prolethean sl. They were going for how religion can be used to oppress the clones in contrast to science. It was definitely time to move away from that and connect the storylines more though.

savannah · (c)
Old 04-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
This is a general statement rather than continuation of the post above.:

A lot has been said elsewhere on this board about the hatred, if that's not to strong a word, that Delphine gets elsewhere on the net. Would it not be sad if Shay gets the same here? Isn't it better to have a measured debate rather than stoop to the level of those that so vehemently express their dislike of Delphine?
Whose hating?
Old 04-22-2015, 12:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Would it not be sad if Shay gets the same here?
I don't think it'll be the case if Shay is actually Cosima's love interest. I mean it isn't Ksenia Solo's fault if the writers hire her to play that part. I am probably going to complain about it. But I would NEVER send messages to Graeme/John/Ksenia. Or post hateful posts on this board. At the moment, we don't know anything so I don't see why people are already licking her ass or sending her stupid tweets about how she is going to break Cophine up.

It is their decision, I might not agree with it but that's it.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycreativityuppedandleft (View Post)
Whose hating?
Well as I haven't read it I can't say, it's just something that crops up from time to time on here, folks moaning about the fact that some fans don't "get" Delphine and Shay doesn't always get a lot of love on here. Maybe I worded it a little too strongly?

Quote:
we don't know anything so I don't see why people are already licking her ass or sending her stupid tweets about how she is going to break Cophine up.
Seriously, people are sending such stuff? Is that to Ksenia's personal twitter account?

I'm starting to feel like I've dug myself into a little, getting slightly bigger by the minute, hole with that statement. Perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully?
Old 04-22-2015, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOT (View Post)
Well as I haven't read it I can't say, it's just something that crops up from time to time on here, folks moaning about the fact that some fans don't "get" Delphine and Shay doesn't always get a lot of love on here. Maybe I worded it a little too strongly?
I was just curious, didn't think I had seen anything too strong against Shay on here, just concerns but then I do have the attention span of a 4 year old, so I might have missed it

Shay might be the best thing since sliced bread or she might not. She might not even be romantically involved with Cosima ( I'm sick of cliché love triangles in shows, that's why I love Elementary, none of that dross in that show) but then again she might be. We will just have to wait and see but I have realised hardly anyone on this show is what they seem. So I am actually curious to find out if she is what we are expecting.