Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

 
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2014, 10:03 PM
  #16
Fan Forum Legend

 
Less Than Perfect's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 296,135
Thank god for fanfiction.
__________________
"I think I'm dying."
"No. No, you're not. I won't let you."
→ Holdentwittertumblr©
Less Than Perfect is offline  
Old 05-03-2014, 10:18 PM
  #17
Fan Forum Hero

 
majesdane's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Runaways
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 62,172
But now all the fics with Jennifer are gonna be that much more painful.
__________________
you've always seen the real me.
the moon & the stars
t w i s t y a r t
majesdane is offline  
Old 05-03-2014, 10:22 PM
  #18
Loyal Fan
 
everlanded's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,882
Add me.

I just realized, why didn't Jennifer show up on Beth's facial recognition software?
__________________
you're restless;
you survive.

savannah · (c)
everlanded is offline  
Old 05-03-2014, 10:36 PM
  #19
Fan Forum Legend

 
Less Than Perfect's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 296,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlanded (View Post)

I just realized, why didn't Jennifer show up on Beth's facial recognition software?
Good point. And given that she works with kids she would've definitely been on a database of somesort.

I wonder if Beth was picking and choosing who to talk to first. Cosima's scientific background would've been beneficial and I think Alison was just too close not to contact.
__________________
"I think I'm dying."
"No. No, you're not. I won't let you."
→ Holdentwittertumblr©
Less Than Perfect is offline  
Old 05-03-2014, 10:40 PM
  #20
Fan Forum Hero

 
majesdane's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Runaways
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 62,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlanded (View Post)
Add me.

I just realized, why didn't Jennifer show up on Beth's facial recognition software?
Added.

And I don't know, that's a good question. I would assume it's because facial recognition software isn't 100% accurate? (Purely guessing, I have NO idea.) Or maybe there were clones Beth knew about but didn't contact -- I mean, she contacted "useful" people. Alison had the money, Cosima had the brains ... maybe Beth didn't want to involve too many people. I hope we someday touch back on that.
__________________
you've always seen the real me.
the moon & the stars
t w i s t y a r t
majesdane is offline  
Old 05-03-2014, 10:46 PM
  #21
Fan Forum Legend

 
Less Than Perfect's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 296,135
Yeah, that's what I'd assume too. If you didn't know much about what was happening it would make sense that she didn't want to involve everyone.
__________________
"I think I'm dying."
"No. No, you're not. I won't let you."
→ Holdentwittertumblr©
Less Than Perfect is offline  
Old 05-03-2014, 11:05 PM
  #22
Loyal Fan
 
everlanded's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccullers (View Post)
And I don't know, that's a good question. I would assume it's because facial recognition software isn't 100% accurate? (Purely guessing, I have NO idea.) Or maybe there were clones Beth knew about but didn't contact -- I mean, she contacted "useful" people. Alison had the money, Cosima had the brains ... maybe Beth didn't want to involve too many people. I hope we someday touch back on that.
My guess is the former. I feel like Beth only excluded people she thought could hurt their chances, like Sarah. But who knows. There's still so much we don't know about Beth's personality.
__________________
you're restless;
you survive.

savannah · (c)
everlanded is offline  
Old 05-03-2014, 11:13 PM
  #23
Fan Forum Legend

 
Less Than Perfect's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 296,135
Delphine says that Jennifer started showing symptoms 6 months before Katja. We don't know how sick Katja was when she initially made contact with Beth. Just that she was sick when she came to town. So it's possible that Jennifer was already sick when Beth started looking for other clones. If she did know about Jennifer, then maybe she didn't want to burden her with anything else.
__________________
"I think I'm dying."
"No. No, you're not. I won't let you."
→ Holdentwittertumblr©
Less Than Perfect is offline  
Old 05-03-2014, 11:21 PM
  #24
Master Fan

 
BepperGirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 20,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccullers (View Post)
I actually thought she died prior to the show, but she only died 3 days ago WHAT THE ****.
That was so sad.

PS. Add me!
__________________
If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder.
Mars is back in Neptune.
Are you smiling? / Yeah. I'm imitating you.
I made my icon.
BepperGirl is offline  
Old 05-04-2014, 10:13 AM
  #25
Fan Forum Hero

 
majesdane's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Runaways
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 62,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
Delphine says that Jennifer started showing symptoms 6 months before Katja. We don't know how sick Katja was when she initially made contact with Beth. Just that she was sick when she came to town. So it's possible that Jennifer was already sick when Beth started looking for other clones. If she did know about Jennifer, then maybe she didn't want to burden her with anything else.
Good point!

Quote:
PS. Add me!
Added!
__________________
you've always seen the real me.
the moon & the stars
t w i s t y a r t
majesdane is offline  
Old 05-05-2014, 05:14 AM
  #26
Fan Forum Legend

 
Less Than Perfect's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 296,135
I'd very much like to know exactly how long Jennifer was stuck in the Dyad's care.
__________________
"I think I'm dying."
"No. No, you're not. I won't let you."
→ Holdentwittertumblr©
Less Than Perfect is offline  
Old 05-06-2014, 08:52 AM
  #27
Fan Forum Hero

 
majesdane's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Runaways
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 62,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
I'd very much like to know exactly how long Jennifer was stuck in the Dyad's care.
If she started showing symptoms 6 months before Katja -- and Katja didn't contact Beth until 3 months before the show started (and assuming Katja had JUST started showing symptoms then, or shortly after), it's possible Jennifer was at Dyad for 6 months+.
__________________
you've always seen the real me.
the moon & the stars
t w i s t y a r t
majesdane is offline  
Old 05-06-2014, 08:58 AM
  #28
Fan Forum Star

 
Static Waves's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 116,455
add me
__________________
"That’s not just a series of coincidences. It’s destiny. And I never doubted you were mine.
And never doubt that all I want, forever and always, is for you to be happy."[Jane x Michael]
Static Waves is offline  
Old 05-06-2014, 09:39 AM
  #29
Fan Forum Hero

 
majesdane's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Runaways
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 62,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
add me
Added!
__________________
you've always seen the real me.
the moon & the stars
t w i s t y a r t
majesdane is offline  
Old 05-07-2014, 05:10 AM
  #30
Fan Forum Legend

 
Less Than Perfect's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 296,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccullers (View Post)
If she started showing symptoms 6 months before Katja -- and Katja didn't contact Beth until 3 months before the show started (and assuming Katja had JUST started showing symptoms then, or shortly after), it's possible Jennifer was at Dyad for 6 months+.
Think of all the drugs they pumped her with during that time.
__________________
"I think I'm dying."
"No. No, you're not. I won't let you."
→ Holdentwittertumblr©
Less Than Perfect is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Tags
orphan black


Forum Affiliates
Michiel Huisman Fan, Captivating Tatiana Maslany
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:08 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST