Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2017, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Twist.

Quote:
I think it would've been better than that comment Cosima made to Scott about it when Delphine left before Felix's art show.
Oh god absolutely.

I wouldn't have even cared if all Delphine was doing, was idk, ordering pizza and asking Cosima what she'd want, if it meant Cosima replied something like "anything, I trust you." [/minific] See how not fussy I'd be about it?

Quote:
Also on that note, definitely for another thread, but what are we going to do with the board? It's not exactly popular enough to run for very long post-show without it struggling?
Idk. But I'll be here to post and reminisce as long as this board lasts and OB content is still being created which the comics are still going, there's the Delphine diaries too, which I've already read but w/e, and who knows there could be a movie??
Spoiler:

Graeme had a livestream with OBCrack last night and he said that, himself, John Fawcett, the producers and Tat were all agreed that they want to "rest" the characters and then do a film. He literally said "it's not a matter of [financial] support, it's a matter of patience." So idk OB could keep going a bit longer like the x-files yet, and it'd be great if somehow this board could keep going until there's more news about whether their intent is serious one way or the other.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:14 AM
New Fan

My last Cosima and Delphine video

Enjoy it
Old 08-15-2017, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'll be re-watching their scenes on YT
Old 08-15-2017, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
However ... I am a little disappointed with how we (they) got to this point. In retrospect, now that I know 5x05 was basically the resolution of their arc as a couple, I think that episode could have been a lot better. At the time I thought it was OK because I thought there'd be more after that--I didn't realize Delphine would be jetting off to France randomly and missing more episodes, and I expected that they would at some point A) Say they loved each other, B) finally get to have sex, and C) talk a bit about their future. I didn't need a wedding or even a proposal, but I did want to hear them say something about how they envision their lives/their relationship now that they're finally free. And I didn't expect this to happen, but I really wanted Cosima at some point to explicitly apologize to Delphine, to thank her for all she's done, and even better I would have loved there to be some moment in the series (maybe in S4) when Cosima actually helped, fought for, or protected Delphine, rather than it always being the other way around.

So, I didn't get everything I wanted, but still I think I've been more invested in this couple than any I've ever seen on tv, and it's certainly the only time in my life I've ever totally fallen for an F-F couple, so that's been interesting and different, and I'm thankful to Tatiana and Evelyne for bringing them to life so brilliantly.
All of this

I'm glad you guys asked about what to do with the board, cause I've been meaning to ask but didn't really know how to
Old 08-15-2017, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

honestly, I don't know either. I personally don't have the time or the effort required to keep this board afloat, so I will likely be stepping down as a mod by the end of the week. I will continue to pop up occasionally cause I like everyone here and the OT and LGBT threads are super nice, but it's time for someone else to take over and try to sustain the board for a little longer, especially if we do eventually end up getting a movie.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 08-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been thinking of stepping down for a while, too. But, since we only have a few regular posters, I was afraid of no one being interested in the position and then losing the board when the end of the show was so close.

A board can continue for as long as the fans are into talking about stuff related to it and for as long as they're interested in keeping in touch through the forum. This is how the ER board lasted for 7 more years after the show ended. Once we found new ways to keep talking to each other, the board wasn't necessary anymore, and we closed it.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been thinking of stepping down for a while, too. But, since we only have a few regular posters, I was afraid of no one being interested in the position and then losing the board when the end of the show was so close.

A board can continue for as long as the fans are into talking about stuff related to it and for as long as they're interested in keeping in touch through the forum. This is how the ER board lasted for 7 more years after the show ended. Once we found new ways to keep talking to each other, the board wasn't necessary anymore, and we closed it.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wait there's going to be a movie????

Good luck with the board
Old 08-16-2017, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm happy to post, but as someone who's already modded a board that only had a few regulars I'm not super keen on doing it again. Modding just made posting less fun for me in the end last time and I'd rather just enjoy it. That said, if both of you step down and no one volunteers then that means the board essentially closes down.

I think the board could keep going for a couple of months post-show, but keeping it going until a potential movie would be difficult unless newbies started posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Oh god absolutely.

I wouldn't have even cared if all Delphine was doing, was idk, ordering pizza and asking Cosima what she'd want, if it meant Cosima replied something like "anything, I trust you." [/minific] See how not fussy I'd be about it?
Yes, something simple like that would've been good! I guess you could say that Cosima so happily proclaiming that Delphine "owned" her was her way of saying that she trusted and loved Delphine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Graeme had a livestream with OBCrack last night and he said that, himself, John Fawcett, the producers and Tat were all agreed that they want to "rest" the characters and then do a film.
Interesting. If that ever happens then I hope everyone is still on board or it won't be the same.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

chiming back in to suggest we nicely retire the board in a month or two and just open an OB thread on the TV board and/or a cophine thread on the couples board.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-16-2017, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There are OB threads in the TV and Sci-fi boards and there is a Cophine thread on the Couples board
Old 08-16-2017, 08:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
There are OB threads in the TV and Sci-fi boards and there is a Cophine thread on the Couples board
there you go, then.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-16-2017, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's totally fine by me If we're just popping in now and then, a thread is much easier to manage, no minimum post count requirements
Old 08-16-2017, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The cophine thread is where we started after all.

But still I'm going to miss the board.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
It's totally fine by me If we're just popping in now and then, a thread is much easier to manage, no minimum post count requirements
exactly.
S T A R D U S T