Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2017, 06:27 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I like Charlotte but I prefer Cophine travelling the world, curing people and having that time together without anyone else. That's perfect for them. Which honestly? They need that time.
i agree that for now it's good for them, but man ..... i'm still gonna headcanon that when charlotte got older she totally moved in with cophine.

maybe one day i'll look back on s4 & s5 and remember it much more fondly, but right now, i'm sadly feeling super meh about this ending. i so wish that wasn't the case. i'm happy cophine are endgame but sadly it's nowhere near as happy/excited i was a year ago (or even in april).
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-13-2017, 08:05 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)

That picspam is absolutely gorgeous.

Count me in as someone who has trouble knowing how to hold a baby, and count me in on feeling like it's okay to feel that way (I got over that issue a long time ago, despite the fact that I'm distinctly hetero -- since some people simply aren't meant to want children of their own, despite the fact that I adore them when they belong to other people!!!!).
Old 08-13-2017, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesdane (View Post)
i agree that for now it's good for them, but man ..... i'm still gonna headcanon that when charlotte got older she totally moved in with cophine.
There's an interview floating about with GM somewhere saying that is a totally viable ending for Charlotte/Cophine if people want to see it that way.

Plus he said that Charlotte was only staying with Art, not that he'd actually adopted her, so who knows where she went?

Quote:
maybe one day i'll look back on s4 & s5 and remember it much more fondly, but right now, i'm sadly feeling super meh about this ending. i so wish that wasn't the case. i'm happy cophine are endgame but sadly it's nowhere near as happy/excited i was a year ago (or even in april).

I am happy. I wasn't like freaking the crap out with their final scene, but I think that's because for me they got their endgame moment in 5x05 when they decided once and for all they'd be together. That was the moment, and I wasn't disappointed by it. 5x08/5x10 served really to just be a sweet extra epilogue for them.

But nothing beats the euphoria of seeing Delphine return in 4x09/10 because it was a reunion that was such a long time coming - I'd even argue we were waiting not from 3x10, but from 3x01 to 4x10 to seem them reconnect like that again. It was worth that wait. I knew that they weren't going to **** with cophine again after that, they'd be good.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

eh, they still deserved better. five seasons and not a single ILU exchange or any proper development is bull****. they had a great start but they tainted them with the shay atrocity in season 3 and everything that came after that felt like an afterthought. the finale in particular was nothing but scraps - here's your endgame. shut the **** up - and it left a long lasting bitter taste in my mouth. they dropped the ball this season and it showed.

Quote:
i'm happy cophine are endgame but sadly it's nowhere near as happy/excited i was a year ago
same. I'm just left with the feeling of "at least they were endgame" which is probably what they were expecting to achieve.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 08-13-2017, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, imo, their chance of making something truly memorable with Cophine this season was 5x05, and they totally blew it, so after that whatever happened was fine for me

Old 08-14-2017, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm pretty pleased. Was it the best they could've been? No. Was it still pretty good all things considered? Yes. It could've been much worse tbh.

Quote:
Ah yes, this absolutely.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think they ended up in a really good place. I love each of these characters individually, I love them together, and as a couple they have a really bright (imaginary) future. I so enjoyed their ease and comfort and joy together in 5x08 and 5x10, and I loved too that the two of them got to strike the blow that really brought Neolution down. Sure, the violent deaths of Coady and PT were more dramatic, but the quiet act of sending that file and destroying corporate Neolution was the biggest victory.

However ... I am a little disappointed with how we (they) got to this point. In retrospect, now that I know 5x05 was basically the resolution of their arc as a couple, I think that episode could have been a lot better. At the time I thought it was OK because I thought there'd be more after that--I didn't realize Delphine would be jetting off to France randomly and missing more episodes, and I expected that they would at some point A) Say they loved each other, B) finally get to have sex, and C) talk a bit about their future. I didn't need a wedding or even a proposal, but I did want to hear them say something about how they envision their lives/their relationship now that they're finally free. And I didn't expect this to happen, but I really wanted Cosima at some point to explicitly apologize to Delphine, to thank her for all she's done, and even better I would have loved there to be some moment in the series (maybe in S4) when Cosima actually helped, fought for, or protected Delphine, rather than it always being the other way around.

So, I didn't get everything I wanted, but still I think I've been more invested in this couple than any I've ever seen on tv, and it's certainly the only time in my life I've ever totally fallen for an F-F couple, so that's been interesting and different, and I'm thankful to Tatiana and Evelyne for bringing them to life so brilliantly.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)

She's keeping her promise. Delphine is going to keep it until the day she dies.
True hero of the whole show.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

^ where is the lie.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 08-14-2017, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ALL THE FEELS.

Quote:
and I expected that they would at some point A) Say they loved each other, B) finally get to have sex, and C) talk a bit about their future. I didn't need a wedding or even a proposal, but I did want to hear them say something about how they envision their lives/their relationship now that they're finally free.
Totally agree. I was hoping we'd hear if not an ILY, then at least an "I trust you". I guess we just have to assume they've said all this.

But if graeme and john are to be believed none of this is over and they plan to do a movie..... which I'm not taking all that seriously but they keep saying it:

So I don't ****ing know what to believe.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

they better ****ing not.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 08-14-2017, 10:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvers (View Post)
eh, they still deserved better. five seasons and not a single ILU exchange or any proper development is bull****. they had a great start but they tainted them with the shay atrocity in season 3 and everything that came after that felt like an afterthought. the finale in particular was nothing but scraps - here's your endgame. shut the **** up - and it left a long lasting bitter taste in my mouth. they dropped the ball this season and it showed.

same. I'm just left with the feeling of "at least they were endgame" which is probably what they were expecting to achieve.
you and i have always agreed on everything with this show, manu. just like with lg/doccubus. one day we're gonna be on another board together again and i stg it'll be the same thing.

i wish i wasn't such a debbie downer about everything that happened, but, such is life. i'll always have very fond memories of s1 & s2 cophine.

on that note ... i think that's it for me with this board, guys. i just kind of want to forget OB for a while, so. might pop in to see what's happening on the OT/LGBT boards every couple of days. but you'll probably see my visits here are more scarce. it was great spending 5 years with you all and i hope to see you around.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-14-2017, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

We had so little of them this last season I guess they needed all the time to wrap the show
Old 08-14-2017, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
you and i have always agreed on everything with this show, manu. just like with lg/doccubus. one day we're gonna be on another board together again and i stg it'll be the same thing.

i wish i wasn't such a debbie downer about everything that happened, but, such is life. i'll always have very fond memories of s1 & s2 cophine.

on that note ... i think that's it for me with this board, guys. i just kind of want to forget OB for a while, so. might pop in to see what's happening on the OT/LGBT boards every couple of days. but you'll probably see my visits here are more scarce. it was great spending 5 years with you all and i hope to see you around.
bb. see you on the other side.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 08-15-2017, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Totally agree. I was hoping we'd hear if not an ILY, then at least an "I trust you". I guess we just have to assume they've said all this.
So I don't ****ing know what to believe.
An "I trust you" would have been amazing. I think it would've been better than that comment Cosima made to Scott about it when Delphine left before Felix's art show.

Quote:
It's been fun, Twist! See you around.

Also on that note, definitely for another thread, but what are we going to do with the board? It's not exactly popular enough to run for very long post-show without it struggling?