Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2016, 10:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "insider" being referred to was the one that claimed EBro was being written off because basically she was a bitch bts and no one on the OB team wanted to work with her anymore.

Which was just a load of old codswallop if you ask me.

ETA: Wait I found the printscreen on my laptop and it wasn't the insider I thought, it was this:

It was this little bit of info that was the driving force behind the incessant "Delphine is gonna die!" drumbeat on Tumblr last season. I don't remember where, but I remember someone said her insider was GM himself. If so, poor form OB Crack. But whatever, it was semi true info as it turns out.

The only things I can say for sure are 1) Evelyne is still protecting the spoiler with her very life, and 2) She is NOT a bitch, nor does she have a difficult reputation. She's actually known for being an exceedingly hard-working and well-prepared actor, 3) She still speaks extremely generously of GM and JF and TMas and the entire production. (This is all extremely recent.)

That said, I have no idea what's going on, but whatever happens, it's not based on anyone's poor attitude.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
EBro was being written off because basically she was a bitch bts and no one on the OB team wanted to work with her anymore.
stopped reading right there.

next.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 02-17-2016, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I've been watching 3x08 scenes today and omg I'm still not over "come here" Evelyne should be arrested for killing fangirls.
That whole scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
i had to google it because i didn't get the reference
It's angsty and lovely and ends on a happy note if you ever need some fanfic to read!
Old 02-17-2016, 06:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by root (View Post)
stopped reading right there.

next.

Quote:
I don't remember where, but I remember someone said her insider was GM himself. If so, poor form OB Crack. But whatever, it was semi true info as it turns out.
it's funny to me because what if this hadn't happened? what if delphine had never been shot? we only assume it was the truth because it happened, but it could have just as easily been a lucky guess (looking at you, PLL fandom).

honestly i don't even really care anymore. i'm not losing sleep over it. if gm & co think they're gonna have people stick around for s4/5 without any news that delphine will for sure return, they've got another think coming. because those fans are gonna peace tf out, if they haven't already. i mean obviously no one will come back if she's "confirmed" dead, so it's basically a lose-lose for them in any scenario (of their own making). it's not like s5 is a given. bbca could decide it's not worth it, not even for syndication (if they could even get it with 50 episodes, lbr).
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-17-2016, 11:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

it's funny to me because what if this hadn't happened? what if delphine had never been shot? we only assume it was the truth because it happened, but it could have just as easily been a lucky guess (looking at you, PLL fandom).

honestly i don't even really care anymore. i'm not losing sleep over it. if gm & co think they're gonna have people stick around for s4/5 without any news that delphine will for sure return, they've got another think coming. because those fans are gonna peace tf out, if they haven't already. i mean obviously no one will come back if she's "confirmed" dead, so it's basically a lose-lose for them in any scenario (of their own making). it's not like s5 is a given. bbca could decide it's not worth it, not even for syndication (if they could even get it with 50 episodes, lbr).
That's very true. Could've been a lucky guess. And I don't care much anymore either. I'm not watching. And they're not telling.

As for renewal, they probably will get their 5th season for Netflix/Amazon. Complete series have much better streaming numbers than incomplete ones, which is what has really been behind streaming services stepping in to "save" certain series. It's less about creative interest and more about completing the set. Networks have gone this route, too, sometimes giving even shortened renewals to series, so showrunners can stick their landings. I don't think BBCA will let their first highly serialized buzz/prestige show dangle in the wind without a conclusion. If they did, a streaming service would likely step in. But I don't see how it continues beyond S5. They're already lost at sea.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

same, girls. same. I'll be up to date, because I mod this board so I will know what's going on, but I'm not watching unless delphine comes back. if only the show was still as good as season one... nothing holds my interest now.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 02-17-2016, 06:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
if only the show was still as good as season one
i wish ...
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-18-2016, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by root (View Post)
if only the show was still as good as season one...
Who knew season one would be the good old days?
Old 02-18-2016, 06:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "insider" being referred to was the one that claimed EBro was being written off because basically she was a bitch bts and no one on the OB team wanted to work with her anymore.

Which was just a load of old codswallop if you ask me.

Uhm, yeah, that's totally the impression I got of her.

Quote:
ETA: Wait I found the printscreen on my laptop and it wasn't the insider I thought, it was this:

http://i67.tinypic.com/ht7194.png
I had a feeling she'd end like that since way back in s1. Your paranoia being proved realistic is a terrible feeling.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
Who knew season one would be the good old days?
not me. i thought the sky was the limit. unfortunately, the show went in the other direction.

Quote:
I had a feeling she'd end like that since way back in s1.
lmao, i remember the fandom panics at the end of every season.

Before episode 110: DELPHINE BETRAYED DYAD!!! SHE'S GONNA DIE!!! LEEKIE IS RUTHLESS!!! RIP DELPHINE
After episode 110: okay nvm

Before episode 210: DELPHINE BETRAYED DYAD AGAIN!!! RACHEL'S GONNA PUT HER ON A PLANE!!! SHE IS D E A D!!! RIP DELPHINE
After episode 210: okay nvm

Before episode 310: DELPHINE LITERALLY IS GONNA DIE THIS TIME FOR REAL BECAUSE [pulls out list of 67821934532 reasons]!!! RIP DELPHINE
After episode 310: what the **** what the **** what the **** WHAT THE **** **** this show
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-18-2016, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Guys, guys, guys I was not prepared for this today.

Spoiler:
Old 02-18-2016, 11:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

Spoiler:
S T A R D U S T
Old 02-18-2016, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Spoiler:
Old 02-18-2016, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Spoiler:
IKR? I turned my laptop on as normal checked the cophine tag as normal and then almost had a heart attack.
Spoiler:
Old 02-18-2016, 11:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Spoiler: