Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2015, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The thing that's bothering me right now is, if they wanted to make her death a big deal, I mean, if the who-shot-her-will-she-live cliffhanger was a big deal, they would've ended the episode right there, wouldn't they? Instead they moved on to Sarah's happiness, which shows time has passed, which means either no one heard of her death or nobody CARED and nothing was done about it.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Khaleesi~ (View Post)
I know, it IS such a beautiful scene, and the kiss Even though I'm really disappointed Cosima didn't notice something was wrong, I wonder if that was because maybe she thought things were getting better again, you know, she had finally understood Delphine's actions, she was finally able to apologize for being unfair, they kissed...I don't know what she thought, and probably never will, I know but the idea that she might've thought there was still a chance for them makes me a little happier.
LOL I'm not sure I like the scene as a whole. I appreciate the kiss. I appreciate Delphine's pained expression, as if she didn't have any intention of turning up to kiss Cosima, which would make leaving so much harder, but she couldn't stop herself anyway. She looks so conflicted with all those breathy noises and the lip bite, like damn, she's trying to fight the feeling but she can't. I appreciate all of that. What I do not appreciate is Cosima. As you said her part in this moment was disappointing, and it's not something I think was written with the characters in mind first but written with the need to get Delphine to leave by herself and to leave Cosima in a place where the writers can justify saying Cosima is ready to move on straight away next season, otherwise she would have done more than just apologise. I even would have liked it if she had initiated the kiss then this relationship would have at least felt not so one sided by the end.

Quote:
I have to avert my eyes from all those first and last gifs, and I simply can't watch the gif of Delphine saying, "Give your sisters all my love." It is so heartbreaking. Cosima is the biggest idiot in the world for not reading that as neon-brite trouble. EBro was sooo good in that whole episode. Too bad I'll never be able to re-watch most of it.
Whoops I'm sorry! You know there's an even worse one on tumblr paralleling their first meeting with this final scene. It's so crushing that I burst into tears just looking at it. It was just the imagery of seeing how they both started out to where they are now. Thinking about how much they've both been through to get to this point and to know that it was all in vain. They don't win this game. They suffered for nothing. They fought for nothing, there's no reward, there's no hope. Legit I burst into tears. I'm on the verge right now just thinking about it.

Quote:
Speaking of EBro...I'm still wondering why she said all those things about just because Cophine weren't together now, "it doesn't mean they'll never, ever be together again." What? That kiss? That's not together, that's agony. EBro!
She probably just meant they don't stop loving each other. I still don't think EBro fooled us. She was trying to give us some hope where there was none and she acted the **** out of what she had to do, and I love her for that. I can't be anything but grateful for having been able to see her be in this role.

Quote:
Instead they moved on to Sarah's happiness, which shows time has passed, which means either no one heard of her death or nobody CARED and nothing was done about it.
I sincerely hope it's that no one has heard. If I was the shooter I'd have probably moved Delphine's body, they don't want the police snooping about investigating so it'll have been covered up by neolution. I just hope they haven't taken her body for ****ed up experiments......
Old 06-25-2015, 02:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
LOL I'm not sure I like the scene as a whole. I appreciate the kiss. I appreciate Delphine's pained expression, as if she didn't have any intention of turning up to kiss Cosima, which would make leaving so much harder, but she couldn't stop herself anyway. She looks so conflicted with all those breathy noises and the lip bite, like damn, she's trying to fight the feeling but she can't. I appreciate all of that. What I do not appreciate is Cosima. As you said her part in this moment was disappointing, and it's not something I think was written with the characters in mind first but written with the need to get Delphine to leave by herself and to leave Cosima in a place where the writers can justify saying Cosima is ready to move on straight away next season, otherwise she would have done more than just apologise. I even would have liked it if she had initiated the kiss then this relationship would have at least felt not so one sided by the end.

Whoops I'm sorry! You know there's an even worse one on tumblr paralleling their first meeting with this final scene. It's so crushing that I burst into tears just looking at it. It was just the imagery of seeing how they both started out to where they are now. Thinking about how much they've both been through to get to this point and to know that it was all in vain. They don't win this game. They suffered for nothing. They fought for nothing, there's no reward, there's no hope. Legit I burst into tears. I'm on the verge right now just thinking about it.

She probably just meant they don't stop loving each other. I still don't think EBro fooled us. She was trying to give us some hope where there was none and she acted the **** out of what she had to do, and I love her for that. I can't be anything but grateful for having been able to see her be in this role.

I sincerely hope it's that no one has heard. If I was the shooter I'd have probably moved Delphine's body, they don't want the police snooping about investigating so it'll have been covered up by neolution. I just hope they haven't taken her body for ****ed up experiments......
Oh, don't apologize for the gifs! I'm the one hanging out on boards where I'm likely to see them. It's just that EBro so beatuifully and painfully etched "goodbye love of my life" all over her face that it rips me in two when I see it. Her saying, "What will happen to her?" also breaks me. The empathy and warmth she put into her final scenes was just so perfect. Too perfect for my old, wounded heart, it seems.

And I'm not blaming EBro for her statements AT ALL. None of this is on her.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
What I do not appreciate is Cosima. As you said her part in this moment was disappointing, and it's not something I think was written with the characters in mind first but written with the need to get Delphine to leave by herself and to leave Cosima in a place where the writers can justify saying Cosima is ready to move on straight away next season, otherwise she would have done more than just apologise. I even would have liked it if she had initiated the kiss then this relationship would have at least felt not so one sided by the end.
One of the reasons I was crying like a baby. When you think about it this way, you just can't handle the tragedy of Delphine's character.

Quote:
If I was the shooter I'd have probably moved Delphine's body, they don't want the police snooping about investigating so it'll have been covered up by neolution. I just hope they haven't taken her body for ****ed up experiments......
no, no, no. don't wanna even think about it :<
Old 06-25-2015, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
as if she didn't have any intention of turning up to kiss Cosima, which would make leaving so much harder, but she couldn't stop herself anyway. She looks so conflicted with all those breathy noises and the lip bite, like damn, she's trying to fight the feeling but she can't.
Damn it girl, I'm TRYING to feel better about all this and you're so NOT helping right now

I never thought their love was one-sided, though...it's just that Cosima was the one constantly in danger since the beginning, so Delphine was always the one doing everything to protect her. It would've been awesome if Cosima had been less selfish and realize Delphine was always at risk too for constantly helping her, but still, the love was always there from both sides.

Every time I think I'm feeling better, it starts hurting again, I just wish it could stop hurting
Old 06-26-2015, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I never thought their love was one-sided, though...it's just that Cosima was the one constantly in danger since the beginning, so Delphine was always the one doing everything to protect her. It would've been awesome if Cosima had been less selfish and realize Delphine was always at risk too for constantly helping her, but still, the love was always there from both sides.
Deep down I don't think it was one-sided either, but I just can't shake the feeling that OB wants us to believe Cosima wasn't as in love. Idk. I'm just frustrated by this season.

Quote:
Every time I think I'm feeling better, it starts hurting again, I just wish it could stop hurting
Same.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I never got that feeeling I don't know, I think I saw Cosima differently from you guys this season, like, the "I miss you" scene, for example, I remember someone saying here that she was emotionless when Delphine said that, that there was no reaction, and to me she looked so heartbroken. Defensive, as she was all season, yeah, but still heartbroken.

The only thing that truly bothered me was how Cosima tried to move on so soon. BUT, I know that's how many people choose to cope with their break ups
Old 06-26-2015, 11:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I never got that feeeling I don't know, I think I saw Cosima differently from you guys this season, like, the "I miss you" scene, for example, I remember someone saying here that she was emotionless when Delphine said that, that there was no reaction, and to me she looked so heartbroken. Defensive, as she was all season, yeah, but still heartbroken.

The only thing that truly bothered me was how Cosima tried to move on so soon. BUT, I know that's how many people choose to cope with their break ups

IA, she definitely wasn't emiotonless in that scene!

Deep inside I know this wasn't one-sided, it's just really hard to see Cosima's deep love when in comparison we have got Delphine aka the best lover in human history
Old 06-26-2015, 12:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:

x1000

Emily in PLL moves on like 1 episode after she breaks up with someone, so that didn't bother me so much as it did other people, it's just that Shay herself was an utterly insufferable character and KS was annoying af on social media.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Cosima might be a little socially naive, but I think she's very empathic so the real Cosima would have picked up Delphine's signals in their final scene together, but not the faux Cos of season 3 because then they wouldn't have been able to do what they did.

Dramatically it would have been better if Delphine's final scene had occured earlier in the show before the awful "You have my permission shay" and the sad final Cophine scene. Without out the closure **** her "demise" would have had more impact. That's impact on the story not impact on fandom. Am I making any sense there?
Old 06-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
x1000
it's just that Shay herself was an utterly insufferable character and KS was annoying af on social media.
I don't think KS has to worry about her or Shay "being attacked" by Cophine fans anymore. We are all locked, loaded, and aiming for Heckle and Jeckle.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

I personally resent that they wrote Cosima as beeing so intuitive and compassionate with Gracie and Kendall but made her clueless in her actions with Delphine. Makes. No. Sense. The same woman that could disarm Kendall should have read Delphine's death march from 5 episodes away.

When I remember how horribly inconsistent they are with details like that, I have no hope for Delphine coming back, no matter how much narrative support I see for it otherwise. Sigh.

By the way, I almost never watch shipper music vids, happy or sad, but someone posted a "The Last Thing Delphine Cormier Saw" vid with the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind music on Tumblr and my mind screamed, "Don't you dare click on that!" So, naturally, I clicked it.

It's almost exactly what I envisioned they might do based on Paul's death. I can't believe they didn't go for the full destruction, actually. Maybe they will when/if Delphine's death is confirmed. Anyway, my heart pretty much shattered. I was going to post it here, but I'm not that cruel. Seek out your own pain.

No more vids for me. Wrecked me.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

So, did GM or JW say something new recently? Any sign of how are they dealing with angry fans and thousands of "SaveDelphine" (I saw some of facebook, so I assume there must be lots more on twitter and tumblr)?
And did they announce this "news" already?
Old 06-26-2015, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I personally resent that they wrote Cosima as beeing so intuitive and compassionate with Gracie and Kendall but made her clueless in her actions with Delphine. Makes. No. Sense. The same woman that could disarm Kendall should have read Delphine's death march from 5 episodes away.
RIGHT?? No sense at all
Old 06-26-2015, 02:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataliza (View Post)
So, did GM or JW say something new recently? Any sign of how are they dealing with angry fans and thousands of "SaveDelphine" (I saw some of facebook, so I assume there must be lots more on twitter and tumblr)?
And did they announce this "news" already?
Actually, someone just called Graeme homophobic on Twitter and it brought him out of hiding:

"@kumarihpx @OrphanBlack #SaveDelphine Pls, calling us homophobic insults our entire cast, crew and all we try to do. It's 2 great a day. K?"

I'm appalled that someone called him homophobic (*facepalm*), but I knew it would happen eventually. He's not. OB is not, obvs. But they have written a storyline that can be very much read as problematic and perpetuative of a hurtful trope.

Anyway, I hope no one uses that word again...but at least we know they're reading all of it.