Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well yeah Sarah/Kira is what set this whole thing into motion. It's the most important relationship on the show for sure (even if I don't really care for it). But also glad Cophine is Tatiana's favourite. She does seem to care about it a great deal. Let's just hope Manson and Fawcett feel the same.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural selection (View Post)
Well yeah Sarah/Kira is what set this whole thing into motion. It's the most important relationship on the show for sure (even if I don't really care for it). But also glad Cophine is Tatiana's favourite. She does seem to care about it a great deal. Let's just hope Manson and Fawcett feel the same.
I hope so. The cast and official Tumblr all seem pretty into it, but I hope it's not like certain other shows where they use the shippers for ratings, then screw them over in the actual show. The OB writers seem much more respectful than that, but a part of me does worry about it.

savannah · (c)
Old 08-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I hope it's not like certain other shows where they use the shippers for ratings, then screw them over in the actual show.

like the skins writers

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 08-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlanded (View Post)
I hope so. The cast and official Tumblr all seem pretty into it, but I hope it's not like certain other shows where they use the shippers for ratings, then screw them over in the actual show. The OB writers seem much more respectful than that, but a part of me does worry about it.
Oh, you mean Lost Girl? Or Skins? I don't think TPTB will screw us over. It seems as though they're pretty smart and know what's up. And Idk, but the OB Tumblr/Twitter always playing up Cophine gives me hope.

Saw this on tumblr:

x

S T A R D U S T
Old 08-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

this photoset is the best. oh, cosima

this "I don't even think you tried at all" is also fitting for delphine after her nodding to cosima's "you're not gay" and then jumping her bones in 30 seconds.

Quote:
Oh, you mean Lost Girl? Or Skins?

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 08-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by five items (View Post)
Oh, you mean Lost Girl? Or Skins? I don't think TPTB will screw us over. It seems as though they're pretty smart and know what's up. And Idk, but the OB Tumblr/Twitter always playing up Cophine gives me hope.

Saw this on tumblr:

Yeah, or even Bomb Girls, though not to the same extent as the former. I'm just a worrywart, so it's been on my mind, but don't seriously think TPTB will either.

Cosima forgets how to logic as soon as Delphine walks in.

savannah · (c)
Old 08-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

it's normal that we worry because we've been screwed over all our lives and are basically hoping and waiting for that one show to get it right. I still worry, but am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. and all they get from me is one - reason why I quit watching LG last season.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 08-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

I do hope Tatiana never gets pregnant during production because that's got to **** them up when she plays all of the show's female characters.

Though Cosima and Delphine could always make crazy science and have their own baby. Yes. I'm down with that.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
this "I don't even think you tried at all" is also fitting for delphine after her nodding to cosima's "you're not gay" and then jumping her bones in 30 seconds.
YES. More like:

Quote:
Yeah, or even Bomb Girls, though not to the same extent as the former. I'm just a worrywart, so it's been on my mind, but don't seriously think TPTB will either.
Ugh, I don't blame BG too much because I'm 100% certain McAndrews was meant to be endgame, they just got cancelled before they could make it happen. But yeah I don't see TPTB of OB being as bad as some other shows.

Quote:
it's normal that we worry because we've been screwed over all our lives and are basically hoping and waiting for that one show to get it right. I still worry, but am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. and all they get from me is one - reason why I quit watching LG last season.
Fair. I'll stick LG out until the bitter end because I don't even know why, but more on point, we're screwed over 95% of the time, so. Anxiety is natural.

Quote:
I do hope Tatiana never gets pregnant during production because that's got to **** them up when she plays all of the show's female characters.
Tatiana can pretty much never get pregnant unless she times it EXACTLY. Like with Anna Silk did for LG.

Quote:
Though Cosima and Delphine could always make crazy science and have their own baby. Yes. I'm down with that.
Sounds good to me.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Tatiana can pretty much never get pregnant unless she times it EXACTLY. Like with Anna Silk did for LG.
exactly.

omg, a cophine baby. please, stop

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 08-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by five items (View Post)
Ugh, I don't blame BG too much because I'm 100% certain McAndrews was meant to be endgame, they just got cancelled before they could make it happen. But yeah I don't see TPTB of OB being as bad as some other shows.
I'm more upset by them being sidelined in 2B in favor of Marco/spies and then going for the tired "jailed lesbian" trope than them not getting together fast enough, but yeah, I don't see OB going the same route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural selection (View Post)

Tatiana can't do anything, pretty much, or the show's in trouble.

I like that plan though.

savannah · (c)
Old 08-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

the only f/f ship still sailing other than cophine is paily. and the moms from the fosters. that's it, right? they destroyed all of my ships this year so I was expecting either cosima or delphine to bite it in the finale. it feels like I was raised to believe TPTB would kill my ships.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 08-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

Gosh, we're all so jaded, aren't we? And with good reason, though. I'm still not over that steaming pile of sht that was Skins Fire. And I gave up on Lost Girl in season 2 just because I just knew they weren't going to go anywhere with Dison always "sniffing" (heh) around. Blah. I've been meaning to catch up on Bomb Girls, but now I just might now.

I've still got Paily, though. And now Cophine. I get to dream a little longer, until they decide to break my heart all over again. *sigh* Such is the life of a lesbian shipper, hope for the best, but expect the worst.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

I miss them so much

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 08-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

It's going to be a looooooong hiatus.

I'm gonna have to get into some fan fic or something to tide me over.