Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2015, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So a couple of things of interest from the new official podcast:

- They mentioned the comic books and it's confirmed that they will fill in why Delphine was in Leekie's hotel room at the end of 1x06.

- Mackenzie Donaldson (associate producer) also said this about Delphine's darker side coming through in 3x01: "we don't want, we really don't want to piss off cophine shippers" so make of that what you will, she sounded genuine and she's relieved that most people don't suddenly hate Delphine.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)

- Mackenzie Donaldson (associate producer) also said this about Delphine's darker side coming through in 3x01: "we don't want, we really don't want to piss off cophine shippers"

You're damn right. LOL

Honestly though, as much as I love Cophine, I don't want shippers or ship haters to dictate to much of what they write. That way lies madness.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1013x (View Post)
Honestly though, as much as I love Cophine, I don't want shippers or ship haters to dictate to much of what they write. That way lies madness.
True. a thought: is OB is treading a fine line between the two, splitting them to appease the anti Cophine faction whilst providing just enough hope for the shippers with a big possibility that by the end of S3, Delphine with her actions helping the sisters will win over at least some of the Delphine malcontent's!

I like the new bad ass Delphine, as long as she doesn't get too carried away with it all, though I did have visions of her coming back from Frankfurt and taking down Dyad, with a little from Mrs S, if Cosima had died. It's personal you know!
Old 04-22-2015, 12:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
If they are just keeping them together because of the shippers, it is just stupid. We shouldn't have your say in how the story plays out.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiKolla (View Post)
If they are just keeping them together because of the shippers, it is just stupid. We shouldn't have your say in how the story plays out.
Well obviously that isn't happening considering they are broken up for at least the rest of the season and Shay is on the horizon. At least I assume those two things weren't on the S3 wishlist of any cophine fan.

But I also don't think fans are dictating the story per se. I think the difference is that rightly or wrongly we now have expectations, but these expectations are ones that the showrunners set themselves by consciously developing this relationship from S1, solidifying it in S2, pushing them through the ILY milestone and actively encouraging shippers at every turn. Like they had no need to write/do any of that if the intention wasn't to have it continue for the long haul, and they really shouldn't be surprised that people are going to be upset if suddenly there's a dramatic turn in the story and these expectations aren't met. They started it, they encouraged us to be invested, so they better do it some justice in the end is what I'm trying to say.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
ike they had no need to write/do any of that if the intention wasn't to have it continue for the long haul, and they really shouldn't be surprised that people are going to be upset if suddenly there's a dramatic turn in the story and these expectations aren't met. They started it, they encouraged us to be invested, so they better do it some justice in the end is what I'm trying to say.
The fact they are playing with these expectations doesn't mean their intention is to disregard or disappoint them.

I think they enjoy the enthusiasm of the fandom, and of the shippers, and that they want them happy. I don't believe it dictates the writing though, in an overly positive or negative way. But they don't strike me as sadists like some showrunners can be so they wouldn't play those expectations up just to crush them maliciously.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-23-2015, 11:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I don't believe it dictates the writing though, in an overly positive or negative way. But they don't strike me as sadists like some showrunners can be so they wouldn't play those expectations up just to crush them maliciously.
Probably true. We just have to pray that Cophine is end game without too much obstacles along the way.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Probably true. We just have to pray that Cophine is end game without too much obstacles along the way.
I imagine there'll be a few more than we want, but hopefully nothing insurmountable! From her reaction Delphine is pretty invested in whole thing, Cosima mm, there the problems may lie..
Old 04-23-2015, 12:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Cosima mm, there the problems may lie..
She's invested in their relationship but I don't know if she is "mature" enough to understand what Delphine is trying to do?

I don't think mature is the appropriate term in this case. I suppose it is hard to be in her place since she doesn't know what Delphine is doing for her [and her sisters] except if Sarah or Alison told her.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
She's invested in their relationship but I don't know if she is "mature" enough to understand what Delphine is trying to do?

I don't think mature is the appropriate term in this case. I suppose it is hard to be in her place since she doesn't know what Delphine is doing for her [and her sisters] except if Sarah or Alison told her.
"Mature" could be the right word as it would be pretty immature if Cosima doesn't listen were Alison or Sarah explain to her what Delphine is doing for them. Fingers in hears na na na, I'm not listening kind of thing! Not literally like that, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

But even Sarah and Alison don't fully believe that Delphine is trying to help them all. Her remark to Alison about Helena not being a top priority for her and Alison agreeing.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

You would think that Cosima would actively question Sarah and Alison about what went down at DYAD in 301, and she could figure out a lot of Delphine's motives just from that. Sarah and Alison were both depending on Delphine in that scenario and, even if they didn't know all of what she did and why, they do know that she covered up the Rachel situation and helped stop Helsinki. Her motives aren't that mysterious. She's obviously helping them. Just like she told Cosima in the break-up scene.

Delphine didn't pull one of those annoying TV break-ups where someone tries to claim they don't love another person in order to save them (thank god). She TOLD Cosima and that she was trying to save all her sisters. And then she did. Even Sarah and Alison know that.

So, if Cosima can't keep it in her pants for the short time this all gets sorted out, I'll be so disgusted. That's why Cosima's tiny petty comments have been pissing me off. I can see the writers putting her into a mindset where she does something unnecessarily offensive. My only hope is that they keep it to flirts and temptations and focus mostly on Cosima exploring her near death experince. I'm begging to be surprised. Maybe Delphine just fears Cosima has moved on because she is inexplicably spending so much time with another blonde, and Cosima lets her feel that way. But...doubtful.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL the angsty mvids are beginning to crop up:

Everything hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1013x (View Post)
But even Sarah and Alison don't fully believe that Delphine is trying to help them all. Her remark to Alison about Helena not being a top priority for her and Alison agreeing.
I wonder what they do think Delphine's top priorities are? Just to sort out Castor? But Helena is mixed up in that, so I'd say it does make her a priority. I would have thought, as well, that Sarah at least would be a bit more fair to Delphine considering she just saved all their arses and then got Sarah out of killing someone, but apparently not.

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's maturity or actually ignorance or both of those things. I mean Cosima knows they're in danger, but she has no idea to what extent, and Delphine didn't have the time to explain how dire the situation was or how convoluted things are between Dyad, Topside and Castor/the military. Certainly I get the impression that Cosima is going to have no idea how much danger Delphine is going to face this year on her and Leda's behalf.

Quote:
But they don't strike me as sadists like some showrunners can be so they wouldn't play those expectations up just to crush them maliciously.
That's true. Cosima probably would have died last year if they were. *Looks pointedly at Joss Whedon, Ilene Chaiken and the Elsley family.*
Old 04-23-2015, 04:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
I wonder what they do think Delphine's top priorities are?
Honestly, I think they think Delphine's top priorities are herself and career (with Dyad by extension). It makes you wonder though. Alison and Sarah have not spent much time, if any, with Delphine. They had to have gotten most of their info and formed their opinions based on things Cosima has told them. Sarah is only working with Delphine because she wants to get Helena back. If Sarah didn't need anything she would not have helped Delphine with the Rachel stuff, even though Sarah and Cosima are the reason Topside are looking to wipe them out.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
We just have to pray that Cophine is end game without too much obstacles along the way.

I mean it's a drama so sure they're going to capitalize on that relationship that's so unique, and deep and complex (they have two amazing actresses so they have a lot they can do) and on our investment in them, but that doesn't mean their intentions are malicious.

Quote:
I suppose it is hard to be in her place since she doesn't know what Delphine is doing for her [and her sisters] except if Sarah or Alison told her.
I reeeaaaally want some kind of communication about that *soon*
I know she feels hurt and she probably won't bring up Delphine with Sarah but I'd really like Sarah to tell her about what happened so far.

Quote:
Well, to be honest, they're probably right. Helena is just not a priority for Delphine, she's juggling a lot of balls at the moment. I believe her when she says she's on it though.

Quote:
I wonder what they do think Delphine's top priorities are?
Dyad. Protecting the Leda project and Leekie's legacy. (Thankfully they don't know how "close" she was to Leekie and I hope nobody ever finds out!)
And they are right, I guess in a way, but it all comes down to protecting them.

Quote:
Delphine didn't pull one of those annoying TV break-ups where someone tries to claim they don't love another person in order to save them (thank god)
Ugh I'm so glad she didn't! That would only have made things worse and it's about as 1990ies as the old "let's fight first and fall in love later" thing.

Quote:
Maybe Delphine just fears Cosima has moved on because she is inexplicably spending so much time with another blonde
Wow. That's a doomsday scenario right there
I think Delphine's faith in Cosima's feelings runs deeper than teenage jealousy but time will prove me wrong maybe.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"