Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Science Girlfriends {Cosima ღ Delphine} #12: "This is very much a love story ... it's a love story between Cosima and Delphine." ~ GM

#12;
c o s i m a d e l p h i n e

appreciation thread

Brilliant grad student meets gorgeous French scientist. You have killer grades. Enchantée. Bonjour, Cosima. I'm so glad you could come. Love me, love me, say that you love me; fool me, fool me, go on and fool me. Did you just say a jogging? I'm gonna get you so baked one day. It's really nice to make a friend in this brave new world. I'm kind of always late, so, kind of always sorry. Yes, I am the cold turkey asshle. Don't you think it's time we admit what this is really about? You know, it's really nice to have some who gets it -- who gets me. Yeah, ditto, obvs. I can't stop thinking about that kiss. Like, in a not bad way? I have never thought about bisexuality. I mean, for myself, you know? But, as a scientist, I know that sexuality, is a spectrum. But you know, social biases they codify attraction. It's contrary to the biological facts. That's oddly romantic. Totally encouraging. You're going to be a craven addict. I think I already am. Promise me Cosima's safe. I was wondering if I could come over later? Bonsoir ma chérie. I'm so stupid. No, no you're not -- you knew this all along. I knew it was bullsht, but I still thought you were on my side. I wanted to trust you. You can trust me. Listen to me, I had to do it! He says you're in danger. Delphine, you can use me, that's fine, but don't go near that little girl. I didn't, and I won't! Listen to me, please, just listen: I didn't want to fall for you. I wasn't supposed to. But I have. How can I possibly believe that, Delphine? Because you feel it. This is not a lie -- it's not possible. Si l’on me perd, sache que je serai la tienne; if they lose me, know that I'll be yours. Why I are you here? Because I ... I'm on your side now. Please believe me. You have to trust someone. I know your code number. You do? Yes, I saw it many times. It's 324B21. Hey, I'm sorry. I'm sick, Delphine.

Star-crossed lovers. You still work for Leekie. On your behalf, to protect you. Our relationship can be whatever we want. Congratulations, I'm invested, which I'm sure is what you wanted. Look, I'm not gonna apologize for my heart, okay? I just want to make crazy science with you in our new lab. Are you making me, like, a shopping list? I am. Moot? You're so cute. Mmmmm, Dr. Cormier. Sometimes I forget that you're mine. It's not fake, not for any of us. I'll try anything. So will I. Dude, are you sure this is a good idea? If Leekie is withholding a treatment from you, yes. He's gonna ruin your career. Destroy your reputation as a budding lesbian. Mon amour. Can you feel that? A little. And that? Yeah. This is the start of getting you well, Cosima. Out. You don't understand. It's my lab, I'm the science, get out! I locked you out. Seriously? I just really don't want you here. I'm trying to help. Tell me what you want. I'm gonna keep the promise that I made to you when we first met ... that one day I'd get you completely baked. I have something important I want to tell you: je t'aime. Cosima, it's your life. It's not just that. It's all of us; you have to love all of us. Then I love all of you. And I love you too.

fans.
001. five items
002. 324B21
003. Sincerely, Me.
004. murphyboy11
005. Something Special
006. Stay to the Lights
007. endless forms
008. arakha
009. baelfire24
010. CosimasWeed
011. fifty springs
012. stilestilinski
013. {worshipfulness}
014. Clarissa Fray
015. Jacquelyn
016. everlanded
017. zephyrchild
018. Static Waves
019. Love S
020. ღfaithfully
021. obinger
022. natural selection
023. Jexx
024. eleonor
025. *Stephie*
026. carol14
027. SRBleyton4ever
028. BurnedOutStarsShine
029. Less Than Perfect
030. Robert LoveLace
031. erayk90
032. lulu-144
033. hlgreenie
034. BlondieLeigh
035. bandcandy
036. BepperGirl
037. Natasha Romanoff
038. wickiswalter
039. Nici Dawson
040. Nataliza
041. Scully_fan
042. kayleer90
043. ReiKolla
044. *Lethe's Bramble*
045. SatansGirlScout
046. diu12
047. vale decem

x

“Cosima is quite taken by Delphine ... This is her life, this is her heart, this is a person who could be quite
important to her. We really start to understand Cosima better through her relationship with Delphine.”
TATIANA MASLANY

“She made some really clear symbolic moves. I mean, at the end of S1 she travels and goes on Cosima's side
... that's a true act of love and it's a true act of solidarity.”
EVELYNE BROCHU

“I think Cosima is kind of surprised by her feelings for Delphine. It's the kind of attraction, and need, that blinds
her ... Her attraction and feelings are undeniable to her, even though it might be dangerous.”
TATIANA MASLANY

“Delphine is a passionate girl when it comes to science and Cosima.”
EVELYNE BROCHU

“There is definitely a really intense passion and love between those two characters ... It's so many things at once.
It's lovers, it's co-workers, eventually there is going to be a patient/doctor relationship. Experiment/scientist. It's
so much, you know. It makes it so rich.”
EVELYNE BROCHU

“Their relationship is really something I connect to quite deeply because of the sort of the imperfection of it and
the betrayal in it and -- it just feels very real to have fallen for somebody who you knew kind of the whole time
would be the wrong person to fall for. I feel like that’s quite a human thing and it was written quite beautifully.”
TATIANA MASLANY

“And Delphine too makes a choice to follow her heart for an individual, even though she's always been 'straight.'
Awwwww ... isn't that sweet, shippers?”
GRAEME MANSON

“Cosima's so focused on her work that it can get quite insular and she can get quite lonely and have a one-track
mind. When she meets Delphine, her world blows up and she doesn't know how to even deal with the emotions
she's feeling and how much she wants Delphine.”
TATIANA MASLANY

“These two together, they're gold.”
GRAEME MANSON

“They're on opposite ends of the equation, sort of like Romeo and Juliet. There remains tension between them,
but ultimately they love each other.”
TATIANA MASLANY

“There's definitely a really intense passion and love between those two characters. It's love, you know? As complex
and great and wonderful and crazy as it is.”
EVELYNE BROCHU

top five moments
— s e a s o n . o n e —

#5 | "Unconscious Selection" (109)
Delphine: Bonsoir, ma chérie. I have the truffles that I promised you. You okay?
Cosima: Are you?
Delphine: Well, I was, but ...
Cosima: "Delphine Cormier". Not "Beraud". You've already got your doctorate in immunology, don't you?
Delphine: I am ... so sorry.
Cosima: I'm so stupid.
Delphine: No! No, you're not. You knew this all along.
Cosima: Yeah, that transcript you accidentally left behind, your fake boyfriend in Paris. Pretending you
didn't know who Dr. Leekie was. I knew it was bullsht, but I still thought you were on my side. I wanted to trust you.

#4 | "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" (110)

Cosima: Why are you here?
Delphine: Because I ... Because Leekie is a liar. And I think you can prove it scientifically -- with
that, your synthetic sequence.
Cosima: He gave me my whole genome.
Delphine: Yes, but, you can't find that sequence anymore, can you? He would have scrubbed it.
[Cosima angrily knocks all her papers off her desk]
Delphine: [reaching for her] Hey ...
Cosima: Don't.
Delphine: I'm on your side now. Please believe me. You need to trust someone.

#3 | "Variations Under Domestication" (106)

Delphine: It's really nice to make a friend in the brave new world.
Cosima: Yeah.
Delphine: I have to go.
Cosima: Oh, okay, yeah.

#2 | "Unconscious Selection" (109)
Delphine: Just let me tell you this one thing. I didn't want to fall for you.
I wasn't supposed to. But I have.
Cosima: How can I possibly believe that, Delphine?
Delphine: Because you feel it! This is -- it's not a lie. It's not possible.

#1 | "Unconscious Selection" (109)
Delphine: I have to run to class, but I was wondering if I could ... come over later?
Cosima: Yeah, of course.

Best Cophine Moment of S1 [BBCA] | Best Cophine Moment of S1 [TWoP]

+

Back at her school, Cosima has just met a brilliant French student named Delphine, who is dealing with a bad
breakup. There’s an instant connection between the two women.

Over in Cosima’s neck of the woods, Delphine is proving to be too charming to stay away from.

Based on the look on Cosima’s face when her new French friend kisses her on either cheek, I think she might
be equal parts suspicious of her intentions and falling for that accent.

Cosima was hesitant at first, but that face and that accent — even smart girls get dumb around girls like Delphine.

While we weren't sure how we were going to feel about yet another monitor turning their back on their job because of
feelings for their clone, it was how Evelyne Brochu played the scenes as Delphine struggled with her feelings for Cosima
and her job as monitor ... and she showed up at the loft in the finale to warn Cosima about Dr. Leekie that won us over.

Delphine's relationship with Cosima started off ... tainted by the lies. However, that also changed with the final two
episodes, and by the time Cosima was admitting she was sick and Delphine was holding her, we were on board.

+

future.
"Don't you think it's time we admit what this is really about?"
"She's very cheeky, this girl. But that's why I like her."
"Bonsoir ma chérie."
"I just want to make like, crazy science with you."
"I can't stop thinking about that kiss."
"You're about to become a craven addict." "I think I already am."
"I feel really lucky to get to work with Evelyne ... it was very easy to fall for her." ~ Tatiana Maslany
"I think she is kind of surprised by her feelings for Delphine." ~ Tatiana Maslany
"You feel it. It's not a lie. It's not possible."
"Their relationship is really something I connect to quite deeply ... it was written quite beautifully." ~ TM
"That face and that accent — even smart girls get dumb around girls like Delphine."
"They're on opposite ends of the equation, sort of like Romeo and Juliet." ~ Tatiana Maslany
"There remains tension between them, but ultimately they love each other." ~ Tatiana Maslany
"I think she's telling the truth. I mean, Cosima, how can you not, you know?" ~ Evelyne Brochu
"There's definitely a really intense passion and love between those two characters." ~ Evelyne Brochu
"It's love, you know? As complex and great and wonderful and crazy as it is." ~ Evelyne Brochu

past.
01. "I didn't want to fall for you. I wasn't supposed to. But I have."
02. "Cosima doesn't know how to deal with how much she wants Delphine." ~ TM
03. "Why are you here?" "Because I—"
04. "Delphine too makes a choice to follow her heart for an individual." ~ GM
05. "Delphine is a person who could be very important to Cosima." - TM
06. Because Tatiana and Evelyne are each other's biggest fans!
07. Because "That's... oddly... romantic."
08. "Star-crossed lovers Delphine and Cosima." ~ BuzzFeed
09. "Cosima and Delphine have that amazing complexity ... total love for each other." ~ Tatiana Maslany
10. 10 threads of crazy science, kisses, French terms of endearment, and puppies.
11. "Je t'aime mon amour."
12. "This is very much a love story ... it’s a love story between Cosima and Delphine." ~ GM

+

+
S T A R D U S T

Last edited by majesdane; 06-17-2014 at 08:45 PM
Old 06-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Tbh, because of my other ships, at this point I'll just be happy as long as Cosima and Delphine keep on living and have a lot of scenes together. That's all I care about right now. Just get through the damn season and interact.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt.
I made my icon.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccullers (View Post)
Tbh, because of my other ships, at this point I'll just be happy as long as Cosima and Delphine keep on living and have a lot of scenes together. That's all I care about right now. Just get through the damn season and interact.
basically how I feel too. all my other ships are down the tubes or going down so delphine and cosima is all i have now that the writers haven't effed up yet.

I actually do enjoy the angst when it comes to cophine</3 And I'm honestly not worried for them.....
But that's probably because I trust the OB writers
Old 06-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
But really.... theoretically if it does happen then.... HOW? Delphine is still on Cosima's bad side isn't she? And GOD NO COSIMA DON'T WITH YOUR LUNGS. THUS this births a third point in my mind - if it happens it means one of them is so dead this season.
Same here. If they make it happen, I don't really see how. Because before the thing, I am pretty sure C&D aren't going to make up. I don't see how that is possible. So it has to after the thing, when maybe Cosima is more willing to forgive her (?) or at least, accept comfort.

I am worried about Delphine's fate since Cloneversation :/. Killing Cosima seems way too obvious, now. They also know how much the fans love her. So they could pull a Josh Whedon on us, but I would really hate them for that. This season has been really tough for them (and it is about to get worse, I guess).

I never except them to kill off Leekie because his character was really interesting and it has been fully develop. We don't know why he did and stuff like that. Same thing for Delphine. I need her backstory .

Quote:
There needs to be Delphine/Cosima reunion sex in that apartment. The first time after all the **** from this season has been forgiven. After Delphine has worked to win back Cosima's trust. It would kill me in all the best ways.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt! I love the quote sfm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccullers (View Post)
IK. Heck I will take them hating each other by the end of the season as long as they make it out alive.

I qualify Cophine to be in my top 3 f/f ships of all time. The other two ships are Naomi/Emily and Dana/Alice.... so do you see why I desperately need Cophine to live? I can't have another pairing doomed by a terminal illness/death. It's too much. It's not why I became invested with these three couples, and yet, it's all going the same way, and just why?

Quote:
Same here. If they make it happen, I don't really see how. Because before the thing, I am pretty sure C&D aren't going to make up. I don't see how that is possible. So it has to after the thing, when maybe Cosima is more willing to forgive her (?) or at least, accept comfort.
]I can't imagine Cosima coming back round to consciousness and proposing they get high though. That would be weird.

It must be before, but again I'm struggling to see how it fits in with their circumstances.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

ok, ok. I will sacrifice myself and watch all Cosima's scenes from season one..
Old 06-05-2014, 03:42 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
ok, ok. I will sacrifice myself and watch all Cosima's scenes from season one..
A huge sacrifice . I watched the Lovefool scene, yesterday. UGH. My babies were so happy .

Quote:
]I can't imagine Cosima coming back round to consciousness and proposing they get high though. That would be weird.

It must be before, but again I'm struggling to see how it fits in with their circumstances.
Yeah, I really don't know. Maybe Cosima gets better between 2x08 and the promo pic from 2x09?

They better not mess it up
Old 06-05-2014, 03:56 AM
Master Fan

What about Eskimo Pies? Could that count?
I made my icon.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
What about Eskimo Pies? Could that count?
Hell yes. Ice cream is even better and it is good for you .

Is Delphine going to buy the Eskimo Pies this time preferably with the same outfit ?
Old 06-05-2014, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiKolla (View Post)
Is Delphine going to buy the Eskimo Pies this time preferably with the same outfit ?
Delphine in underwear borrowing Cosima's red coat? YES PLEASE. omg random, but, what if Cosima does die and Delphine just wraps herself up in that coat because it's the closest she can ever get to her holding her ever again.

Btw guys did you see this 2x08 spoiler on tumblr?
Spoiler:
Old 06-05-2014, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Delphine in underwear borrowing Cosima's red coat? YES PLEASE. omg random, but, what if Cosima does die and Delphine just wraps herself up in that coat because it's the closest she can ever get to her holding her ever again.
Oh god. Don't even say it!

Spoiler:
Old 06-05-2014, 05:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 06-05-2014, 05:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
IK. Heck I will take them hating each other by the end of the season as long as they make it out alive.
Seriously. That's all I'm asking for. Just give me something to hold on to.

Quote:

Quote:
I'm giving up on speculating. I'm just going to let it play out. I'll sail with this ship, I'll sink with it, come what may.
Same here. It's honestly just so much easier and a lot less stressful. I don't have faith in many writers, but I do have faith in GM and JF, and I trust they know what to do. They seem to really be aware of ****ty tropes and ****ty storytelling tactics in media, so I feel I can trust them.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-05-2014, 06:07 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I just have got this feeling, this great feeling that this episode is what we have been waiting for soo loong. LIKE A REALY GOOD GOOD GOOD GREAT AWESOME COPHINE EPISODE
We are going to die . Why is saturday so far away?

Quote:
GOODBYE

Quote:
Same here. It's honestly just so much easier and a lot less stressful. I don't have faith in many writers, but I do have faith in GM and JF, and I trust they know what to do. They seem to really be aware of ****ty tropes and ****ty storytelling tactics in media, so I feel I can trust them.
It is totally impossible to predict stuff with Orphan Black. They keep their promises so I should stop worrying so much :p.