Old 05-19-2016, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

"The Scandal of Altruism" (4x06): Episode Discussion

[image coming]
[made by Twisty]

4x06: The Scandal of Altruism
May 19, 2016 @ 10:00 p.m. Eastern

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:
When Cosima admits doubts about finding a cure in time to save her life, Sarah makes a lone decision that exposes Kendall to those she’s spent years hiding from. Meanwhile, Art and Felix team up to protect naïve clone, Krystal Godderitch, from herself.

» JOIN US FOR THE LIVE-CHAT DURING THE EPISODE «

EPISODES AIR THURSDAYS AT 10:00 PM EST
Please check here for the time.

PREVIOUS!

PROMOS!

RULES!
1. Since some people may not be a fan of your certain ship/character, try not to insult other ships/characters, just stick to the one you like and be positive, please.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something. Don't just say 'GOD THIS SUCKED'.
3. No talk of illegal downloading, asking or commenting about it. Any posts with that topic will be deleted. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs Eastern time in the USA.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 05-19-2016, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

sorry it took me so long guys, but my mom is hospitalized and I can only do so much. hope ya'll enjoy the episode

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 05-19-2016, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I CAN'T EVEN TALK ABOUT THIS EPISODE RIGHT NOW
Old 05-19-2016, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

This episode has me really,really pissed off. I'm basically done with this show. Why was Crystal the one to see Delphine get shot? Jesus,why didn't she call 911? Why was she so calm? She's sharp about everything else,but seeing someone get shot doesn't scare her? Wtf?!

Why did Delphine's death have to be confirmed in the worst manner possible? I felt like I was 5 and someone told me that Santa wasn't real. First Kendall was killed and then they say how Delphine died? The fact that they dropped the truth bomb about Beth before they left was too much for me.

That's just great-This entire thing was what Beth wanted all along. I'm sure she's throwing a huge party in purgatory making a toast to ruining Susan Duncan and Neolution's life. Why the hell would she be fine with Cosima suffering this much? With that damn worm in Sarah's mouth? With killing an innocent civilian under witness protection? It wasn't what Beth signed up for and throwing that in Cosima's face was the last straw.

Sara and Cosima had no idea that they'd wind up being the death of poor Kendall.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Why was Crystal the one to see Delphine get shot?
Because she was in the building on that day.

Quote:
Jesus,why didn't she call 911? Why was she so calm? She's sharp about everything else,but seeing someone get shot doesn't scare her? Wtf?!
She never finished telling what she saw and what she knows, so I think it's early to be mad at what she did or didn't do, since we don't really know any of it

Actually the fact that she didn't finissh her story is exactly why I know it isn't over for Delphine, we're STILL going to find out what happened to her after the shooting

And of course Evie is lying about Delphine's death, BUT that didn't make that scene any less painful, I literally can't handle Cosima crying, and the way she did tonight destroyed me

I need to rewatch the whole thing to comment on the rest, though, cause my stream was awful! Still, I really REALLY loved this episode, even though it broke my heart from start to finish, they really weren't lying when they said 6 and 7 would be the most emotional episodes
Old 05-20-2016, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Meh kind of a boring episode.

I did like the scene with cosima pulling the thing out of sarah's mouth... ewwww. It's always nice seeing Tatiana in a scene with herself.

I also enjoyed the Beth flashbacks.

Cosima finding out about Delphine was sad!
Old 05-20-2016, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm about to go away for the weekend so just a couple of quick comments before I go.

I really liked this episode! It was completely heartbreaking on so many fronts but I loved it!

The Cosima/Kendall scene stole the episode for me. Their scenes have always been so good and this episode was no different. My heart breaks for S and all the clones.

Evie turning out to be the mastermind was unexpected! She was so much more interesting this episode knowing she was evil. I don't believe a word she says about Delphine but I can't wait to see Cosima's angst.

It was great to see Krystal again as always and I'm so glad that Sarah has the wormbot out of her face. Weird that no one bothered to ask Alison her opinion on helping Susan etc.

More thoughts when I come back on Sunday.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Okay, so Time Warner (my cable company and nemesis) cut out for about three minutes. What three minutes, you ask?? Oh, just the ones when KENDAL WAS KILLED AND EVIE SAID WHATEVER SHE SAID TO COSIMA!!! Cue me screaming and desperately turning the cable box off and on to try to get it working again.

So I have to find a way to rewatch that crucial part before I can comment too much. Just have to say, though, damn what a heartbreaking episode. Cosima doesn't have much time left.Sarah goes behind Mrs. S's back with an ill-considered plan that gets Kendal killed. Beth's final moments. And I didn't even see the worst bit!

Two semi-coherent thoughts: One, is Susan Duncan actually going to turn out to be a good guy/ally? And two, gosh it was nice to hear said out loud what we all know: Delphine is Cosima's soulmate and Shay was just a rebound. Neon lights saying fans, the Delphine storyline is going to go the way you want it to. (I can just picture GM and JF channeling Delphine in interviews when this is all over: "You should have trusted us!").
Old 05-20-2016, 06:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Good episode, something of an emotional roller coaster. Maybe the thing final that Krystal saw of Delphine was somebody from DYAD coming to the rescue. I no longer think that DYAD is the monster that we'd assumed through seasons 1 2 and 3, the monster is Evil Cho and whoever controls her, which considering Susan Duncan's position in Neolution can't be them, perhaps. I just don't see Cho working on her own. And Dyad does have the facilities to take care of an injured Delphine, just a thought

Has Cho bitten off a little more than she can chew by taking out Kendal Malone? She's warned off Sarah, but I can't see that being enough to keep S away from seeking some sort of retribution. She was going to bomb DYAD so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that she'll have something similar in mind for the no good folks at Brightborn.

Cho telling Cos that Delphine was dead was just to rub salt in the wounds, Cos' world is falling apart so just throw that in for good measure. If Delphine is dead then Cos doesn't have much time left, her and Scott have little or nothing left to work with, without Delphine the Leda sisters are virtually dead, quite possibly. The whole premise of Orphan Black can't be: "let the clones die"; "long live making the 'im'perfect human" as that sucks.

Ira is insufferable, weak willed and boring what they hoped to achieve by his story I've no idea, I just want to look away and almost! I have to look away when he's interacting with Susan because that's just way too weird!

Fe was a bit more with it this episode rather than being stuck somewhere up his . I get that he's a bit pissed with being sidelined by Sarah, but can he not appreciate that Sarah and her sisters have a lot of **** going on and cut them a little slack, it's not as if the Leda thing has taken up a huge chunk of his life, a bit of sacrifice by him isn't too much to ask is it?

Anyone notice Alison's absence? Does that speak volumes?
Old 05-20-2016, 07:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOT (View Post)
Good episode, something of an emotional roller coaster. Maybe the thing final that Krystal saw of Delphine was somebody from DYAD coming to the rescue. I no longer think that DYAD is the monster that we'd assumed through seasons 1 2 and 3, the monster is Evil Cho and whoever controls her, which considering Susan Duncan's position in Neolution can't be them, perhaps. I just don't see Cho working on her own.

Ira is insufferable, weak willed and boring what they hoped to achieve by his story I've no idea, I just want to look away and almost! I have to look away when he's interacting with Susan because that's just way too weird!
Yeah OB definitely likes to set someone up as a big villain only to reveal that he/she isn't so bad/so important after all, and that someone else more nefarious has really been running things. I'm thinking of the sequence of Leekie, then Rachel, then Marion/Topside, then Susan Duncan, and now Evie. At some point, though, the chain has to end--someone has to be revealed as the ultimate villain, right?

Agree DYAD might play a more positive role now than we expected. I can't forget though that that company is totally set up to kidnap and imprison people and perform medical procedures against their will. That wasn't just a one-off crazy thing that Rachel did, they have the infrastructure (prison cells, handcuffs, and most importantly employees willing to carry out these orders) in place. I don't see that company being totally redeemed. Really wonder if Susan Duncan will be, though.

Totally agree re Ira. I guess he one thing he does that's worthwhile is reveal something about Susan--her (unhealthy) love for her creations.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:46 AM
Loyal Fan

The Evie reveal is so riddled with plot holes I don't know where to start.

As for Delphine, I thought Krystal saying she saw Delphine get shot was their way of building tension to Evie's account. And honestly, it doesn't even matter at this point. TPTB know what Delphine means to fans (not even me, not even me and I'm pissed) and they're stringing them along to the last possible moment.

savannah · (c)
Old 05-20-2016, 07:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
Yeah OB definitely likes to set someone up as a big villain only to reveal that he/she isn't so bad/so important after all, and that someone else more nefarious has really been running things. I'm thinking of the sequence of Leekie, then Rachel, then Marion/Topside, then Susan Duncan, and now Evie. At some point, though, the chain has to end--someone has to be revealed as the ultimate villain, right?

Agree DYAD might play a more positive role now than we expected. I can't forget though that that company is totally set up to kidnap and imprison people and perform medical procedures against their will. That wasn't just a one-off crazy thing that Rachel did, they have the infrastructure (prison cells, handcuffs, and most importantly employees willing to carry out these orders) in place. I don't see that company being totally redeemed. Really wonder if Susan Duncan will be, though.

Totally agree re Ira. I guess he one thing he does that's worthwhile is reveal something about Susan--her (unhealthy) love for her creations.
You certainly have to hope so, with a max 14 episodes to go we have to be somewhere near the top of the tree. Maybe this is where S**y comes back into the fold, she's some shady government employee working for some shady government department that is for some reason trying to create the perfect human?

Wasn't much of the kidnapping and holding against ones will carried out at the behest of Leekie, Nealon and Rachel? With them out of the way maybe DYAD's penchant for kidnapping has gone. It does beg the question: who is running Dyad? The company can't have completely folded and so in some way still exist so - Topside? . Is Dyad overly conspicuous by it's absence this year for a reason: Topside is in control and Delphine is safely inside somewhere?

Too true.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOT (View Post)
Good episode, something of an emotional roller coaster. Maybe the thing final that Krystal saw of Delphine was somebody from DYAD coming to the rescue. I no longer think that DYAD is the monster that we'd assumed through seasons 1 2 and 3, the monster is Evil Cho and whoever controls her, which considering Susan Duncan's position in Neolution can't be them, perhaps. I just don't see Cho working on her own. And Dyad does have the facilities to take care of an injured Delphine, just a thought

Has Cho bitten off a little more than she can chew by taking out Kendal Malone? She's warned off Sarah, but I can't see that being enough to keep S away from seeking some sort of retribution. She was going to bomb DYAD so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that she'll have something similar in mind for the no good folks at Brightborn.

Cho telling Cos that Delphine was dead was just to rub salt in the wounds, Cos' world is falling apart so just throw that in for good measure. If Delphine is dead then Cos doesn't have much time left, her and Scott have little or nothing left to work with, without Delphine the Leda sisters are virtually dead, quite possibly. The whole premise of Orphan Black can't be: "let the clones die"; "long live making the 'im'perfect human" as that sucks.

Fe was a bit more with it this episode rather than being stuck somewhere up his . I get that he's a bit pissed with being sidelined by Sarah, but can he not appreciate that Sarah and her sisters have a lot of **** going on and cut them a little slack, it's not as if the Leda thing has taken up a huge chunk of his life, a bit of sacrifice by him isn't too much to ask is it?

Ugh...She was like those guys in mafia movies. She's kidding herself and she didn't get fixed,she looks ugly as hell. At least Cosima's face looks normal.

If Susan wasn't the problem,I can't imagine who is. I mean,Susan has always positioned herself as shady,especially with how she treats Rachel. Plus,just letting Charlotte die is cruel. I really do want to puke with this whole Ira thing. How does he go from being her son to being her lover? At least in Oedipus,he didn't grow up with the mother he married.

It won't just be S-Art will s**t up when he finds out about Beth. This is what ending the nightmare involving Dyad and Neolution costs. It didn't protect her sisters,it put their lives in serious danger. Beth didn't die for nothing,she died for the worst,most misguided reasons.

Felix can go himself. Why is he even on the show anymore?

I did notice Allison's absence. To me,it does speak volumes. I think she's not involved because a.)It involves Beth and b.)Brightborn planted that idea of kids in her head.

Allison knows they're full of crap,but Helena has that canister full of fertilized eggs. Even if she didn't, Helena could be inseminated with Donnie's sperm. She'd finally have a child of her own and it's painful. Even if Helena pissed her off and she was jealous,she could have done most of the work raising her baby.

All this stuff with Neolution and the stuff Beth was looking into killed her. Allison led two lives as well, did stuff like Beth did and they were extremely close. It's probably too painful hearing how much she went through to protect her and what made her kill herself. The only clone aside from Allison who was close to her was M.K./Miko. Cosima was friendly with her,but I doubted they actually spent that much time together.

Tbh,it's better this way. Until it's close to the end,I don't think it's fair to make Allison face things. She'll cry like Cosima and in S1,she was the only one who didn't embrace Sarah and got angry with her for screwing Paul.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
is Susan Duncan actually going to turn out to be a good guy/ally?
I have no idea

Quote:
gosh it was nice to hear said out loud what we all know: Delphine is Cosima's soulmate and Shay was just a rebound. Neon lights saying fans, the Delphine storyline is going to go the way you want it to. (I can just picture GM and JF channeling Delphine in interviews when this is all over: "You should have trusted us!")
HAHAHAHAHA YES I can totally see them doing that! And YESSSSSSS it was SO good to hear Cosima call Delphine her soulmate because it is SO true and SO about time she said that out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Cho telling Cos that Delphine was dead was just to rub salt in the wounds, Cos' world is falling apart so just throw that in for good measure
She was really just being cruel, I didn't believe her for a second (though it STILL hurt to see her say what happened to Delphine like it was nothing) and honestly I think even Cosima wouldn't have believed her right away of she had told her that in the office, when she asked. She would be devastated at hearing it, but I think she would've doubted it, questioned it, just have a different reaction. She had no reason to trust anything Evil said, anyway. But in that context, watching someone that meant so much to all of them die right in front of her and BURN, no wonder she believed it and broke down like that. She literally lost all hope

Quote:
I actually didn't until the promo started playing
Old 05-20-2016, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh DP, sorry