Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2017, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I know not everybody liked this, but I loved that they resolved the Neolution conflict halfway through and devoted so much time to how the sisters are moving forward with their lives now that they're finally free. This is what they were fighting for all this time, and it was important to me to see them beginning to make steps toward living normal lives. I also thought that it felt real and true that Sarah was struggling; that all her problems weren't resolved by the violent expedient of smashing P.T. Westmorland's head in. I could have done without Donnie's underwear, but I guess we had to expect it. I loved seeing Delphine and Cosima happy and easy together, and also doing meaningful work together ruing all the Ledas (of course I wanted more of them, but that was always going to be the case). I was never wildly invested in Helena's pregnancy, so that as the big climax of the series fell a bit short for me, but it was nice to see her contentedly settling into motherhood while remaining her quirky self. I thought Rachel's resolution was perfect. And I really liked the last scene, ambiguous but optimistic, of Sarah and family making S's house their own with the new colorful artwork, and setting out for something as banal but beautiful as a family day at the beach.
You summed it up perfectly

And I agree that it completely made sense that Sarah was struggling. I alwasy wondered what it would be like for her when she finally stopped running.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesdane (View Post)
i wish i knew what the original ending they had planned was. this didn't feel like OB at all to me.
I'm curious too. I'm just glad that their finale wasn't Sarah waking up on the train with the whole thing being a dream. That would've absolutely sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Is that a pun on Donnie's new job?
It wasn't an intentional one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
It seemed unreal, yeah, but that's what was so great to me. I would've hated it if we'd been tense for 40 minutes, to then have like two minutes of everyone smiling and that was it. The way it was done, I could actually enjoy their freedom and happiness, and get a good sense of how their lives continued after all the craziness was over
Agreed. I loved that we got to see them enjoying and figuring out what their freedom meant to them. And I love that it wasn't all the same thing. Cosima was off doing science, Helena's was motherhood, oddly Alison's seemed to be more about finding herself than motherhood and Sarah's meant finally finding some peace, albeit after a struggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
I know not everybody liked this, but I loved that they resolved the Neolution conflict halfway through and devoted so much time to how the sisters are moving forward with their lives now that they're finally free. This is what they were fighting for all this time, and it was important to me to see them beginning to make steps toward living normal lives. I also thought that it felt real and true that Sarah was struggling; that all her problems weren't resolved by the violent expedient of smashing P.T. Westmorland's head in. I could have done without Donnie's underwear, but I guess we had to expect it. I loved seeing Delphine and Cosima happy and easy together, and also doing meaningful work together curing all the Ledas (of course I wanted more of them, but that was always going to be the case). I was never wildly invested in Helena's pregnancy, so that as the big climax of the series fell a bit short for me, but it was nice to see her contentedly settling into motherhood while remaining her quirky self. I thought Rachel's resolution was perfect. And I really liked the last scene, ambiguous but optimistic, of Sarah and family making S's house their own with the new colorful artwork, and setting out for something as banal but beautiful as a family day at the beach.

I'm going to miss this show.
Well said.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:50 AM
Addicted Fan

There's a really interesting article up at Vulture:

http://http://www.vulture.com/2017/0...&utm_medium=s1

That describes the evolution of the final episode.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I'm just glad that their finale wasn't Sarah waking up on the train with the whole thing being a dream. That would've absolutely sucked.
agreed.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-14-2017, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can say I liked the Finale, it wans't as chaotic like all the show was It was a very slow season but I guess we couldn't ask for more. I'm glad they all were happy
Old 08-14-2017, 08:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Absolutely adorbs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-YXt2l8KOM
Old 08-15-2017, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeless romantic (View Post)
Are you high? cos your eyes are like sausages. omg. I almost wish they'd left that in seeing as Alison was inebriated.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I love bloopers
Old 08-16-2017, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Are you high? cos your eyes are like sausages. omg. I almost wish they'd left that in seeing as Alison was inebriated.
Cosima meeting a high!Alison is still one of the funniest things ever.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Personally, I love portabellas, porchinis, and shiitiakes (oops, I almost spelled that without the double "i" lol, so go figure...) but yeah, that single flubbed line just makes me realize that Tatiana playing any character involves a woman who is operating on such a higher plane of intelligence than I know how to deal with that: