Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2013, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I mean, it's not against the general rules then, but a little clarification to avoid confusion may be a good idea when new episodes start airing.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Another one of my favorites. Thoughts:

- I love how even though Sarah took the whole clone thing relatively well, they put in that scene in front of a mirror where she was just staring and trying so hard not to think too hard on it.
- Sarah seriously should've pulled up Google Images when she was struggling with where to put the cop gear.
- Sarah/Cosima's bar scene. I love how, in spite of initial appearances, they ended up being more foils to each other than Sarah/Alison.
- Helena had so much... fun isn't the right word, but she really went above and beyond with the serial killing business. Shows how useless the clone club riddle really is though since Helena apparently overheard it. "She was just one of a few, unfit for family."
- Felix, please be awkwardly present in all the Paul/Sarah scenes so I can get some enjoyment out of them.
- Sarah was so pleased with herself in the shooting practice scene with Art, showing off all the cop lingo she learned.
- Beth was polylingual, or at least familiar with many languages? I don't know why I find that interesting, but I do. I see Beth as having been kind of the ace of Clone Club.
- As predictable as Sarah deciding to stay was, it was still enjoyable to watch.

savannah · (c)
Old 09-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sarah/Cosima's bar scene
it's one of my favorites scenes from the show

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-02-2013, 12:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

I really liked this one when I first watched it and after several rewatches it remains an awesome episode

- Sarah being such a terrible cop makes this episode a lot of fun to watch. Struggling with the gun holster, being so serious when the other cop lady asks if she needs help and "Heading for the ten forty-five" ... all the little scenes are great
- "She was just one of a few. Unfit for family". Did Helena know about the Clone Club riddle or something?
- I love Raj! He's so cute.
- During the scene where Sarah's asking Alison for gun help over the phone, did anyone notice Alison saying Johnny not Donnie? :s:
- I need Felix to interact with Alison's kids more in S2.
- Aww, the way Alison fondly talks about Beth makes me curious about the Clone Club dynamic before Sarah came in. Like I want to see it and then compare. Really really want a flashback episode.
- Don't like Paul and don't ship him with Sarah, but I still enjoyed their hot makeout scene with Felix hilariously reacting to it in the background
- "Dirty little copy cop". Sarah and Helena's first encounter is one of my favourite scenes! LOL @ Art having to help Sarah stand straight even though he's the one who actually got shot.
- Sarah observing Kira and Mrs. S and then deciding not to run away is lovely. This moment was the start of her character's growth.

Quote:
Sarah/Cosima's bar scene. I love how, in spite of initial appearances, they ended up being more foils to each other than Sarah/Alison.
I've seen things that people only dream about.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I gotta rewatch this one tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlanded (View Post)
- Sarah/Cosima's bar scene. I love how, in spite of initial appearances, they ended up being more foils to each other than Sarah/Alison.
That is one of my favourite scenes. Just the way they look at the mirror and Cosima knows how much it's creeping out Sarah. Also Sarah's joke about the dry bit of skin makes me laugh every time because it's such an unexpected thing for her to say.

Quote:
Shows how useless the clone club riddle really is though since Helena apparently overheard it. "She was just one of a few, unfit for family."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLLFanatic (View Post)
- "She was just one of a few. Unfit for family". Did Helena know about the Clone Club riddle or something?
One would assume that Helena overheard it somehow. I mean she was tracking them across countries, so it's possible. But it would've been awesome if she didn't know and that was just her own thoughts because she didn't have a family either.

Quote:
During the scene where Sarah's asking Alison for gun help over the phone, did anyone notice Alison saying Johnny not Donnie? :s
She does? Awkward.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I still have to rewatch, but it certainly interests me how Helena seems to know about the riddle...
Old 09-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
But like Lost Girl, it's not aired in the US at first. So once it first airs in Canada, it's free game. Last season it was shown in US a day or two later.
Exactly, once an episode airs, information about it is no longer a spoiler.

I'm catching up with this show now. Tatiana is such a talented actress! I love how each character is so unique. She puts so much effort into going beyond the physical make up to giving each personality her own accent and voice - way of speaking.

LOVED the scene of Felix cross dressing the kids!

Sarah trying to figure out how to be a cop was funny ... the whole bit about figuring out how to wear her holster.

I hope we see more of Sarah and Cosima together.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I think Twisty said she essentially used the same OP from the PLL board, so she probably just forgot to tweak it a bit for our rewatches.
Indeed.

But that being said, IMHO the rule makes sense, because the episodes originally air at 9PM EST in USA/Canada. So you literally cannot livechat the episode before it airs, because it doesn't matter what time it is in say, England, if it's not 9PM EST yet. You know?

Anyway, the original rule was more about people discussing actual spoilers (like sneak peeks, for example) in the episode discussion post prior to that episode airing.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-03-2013, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

- "This one’s some low life grifter." I love how Alison is so unimpressed by Sarah.
- Sarah’s protectiveness over Felix is
- "Wow. Welcome to the trip man."
- I love the bar scene so much with Cosima so much. I really like how Cosima has a whole different outlook on them being clones. She's so excited by it all. There’s something about Tat’s portrayal of Cosima that just makes me swoon.
- Aw, Raj. He is adorable. Poor boy is so infatuated with Beth that he doesn’t even mind that she’s blatantly using him and doesn't find it in the least bit odd that she doesn't remember anything.
- Why does Mrs S not question where Sarah got the money for the new car and clothes?
- Felix’s reaction to watching Paul&Sarah is the best. I love how he walks out of the room like he's the one who has just been teased.
- Tatiana's acting in the pursuit scene is so good! As Sarah being Beth and as Helena.
- I cannot watch that bathroom scene without covering my mouth in horror over Helena's back. That was a great 'costume' decision right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
I'm catching up with this show now. Tatiana is such a talented actress! I love how each character is so unique. She puts so much effort into going beyond the physical make up to giving each personality her own accent and voice - way of speaking.
She really does. I'm amazed by how she manages to get each clone so different to the last.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

Just started watching this show - watched the first three episodes last night
Old 08-14-2014, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome! How are you liking it so far?
Old 08-14-2014, 04:41 AM
New Fan

I started watching this show a week ago. I now have watched both seasons three times, I just can't stop :-)

Now I'm plugging the show to all my friends and relatives, because I have to talk about this amazing show!!
Old 08-14-2014, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow, in a week? Damn, that is impressive! Welcome!
Old 08-14-2014, 04:53 AM
New Fan

Yes, I had a week off from work, best vacation ever :-)

I watched the first season on Netflix (thank god we got Netflix last year here in the Netherlands), and the second season... well, let's not talk about how I got the second season, but I can't wait for the second season to get on Netflix , I'm going to bingewatch both seasons in one weekend :-)

And as you can see from my avatar my favorite clone is Helena, but Alison is a close second.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

I watched S1 probably half a dozen time, but honestly, I haven't watched S2 more than once. I mean, I've rewatched a bunch of the Cophine scenes, but that's it.
S T A R D U S T