Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2013, 11:38 AM
Loyal Fan

I really love this episode in spite of it being one of the more Paul-heavy ones, which says a lot. The Variation eps are my favorites out of the ones we've rewatched thus far.

- Oh, Alison, bb, you tried. You were so close.
- "I'm gonna take a shower... wash off the filth." If only Sarah had stuck to this.
- I'll forever be in awe of Donnie's stamina.
- That fancy "Off Limits" sign Alison took the time to make in the middle of an interrogation really says all we need to know about Alison.
- Most of the reason that I doubt Leekie is that high up in Neolution is that he's subtle as a brick.
- Alison is on point in the entire party scene.
- "It’s a gay bartender. That’s awesome." "Chad, shut your stupid mouth and feed the kids."
- Most of the party scene—Aynsley's concern, Chad's flirting—is a lot more painful in hindsight, but Sarah!Alison yelling at Donnie is 10x more enjoyable.
- Delphine looked completely checked out of the final scene with Leekie. It doesn't justify what she did to Cosima, of course, but I do think they might've been going for a bit of dubcon there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
- Donnie's college fling when he and Alison broke up is probably when they turned him into her monitor.
Yeah, I definitely think he joined Neolution during the breakup. I'm not sure if the fling and eventual affair are true though? The bit about cancer had to be 'cause a lie like that could easily be uncovered, but idk, I don't feel like Neolution would put so much effort into implementing monitors only to let them risk it all for some dirty letters.

savannah · (c)
Old 09-24-2013, 02:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlanded (View Post)
- That fancy "Off Limits" sign Alison took the time to make in the middle of an interrogation really says all we need to know about Alison.
Doesn't it just? She is great.

Quote:
- Delphine looked completely checked out of the final scene with Leekie. It doesn't justify what she did to Cosima, of course, but I do think they might've been going for a bit of dubcon there.
That scene is so awkward to watch. Thinking of Leekie in that sense is just... No. I always wanted to know what he says to her though.

Quote:
Yeah, I definitely think he joined Neolution during the breakup. I'm not sure if the fling and eventual affair are true though? The bit about cancer had to be 'cause a lie like that could easily be uncovered, but idk, I don't feel like Neolution would put so much effort into implementing monitors only to let them risk it all for some dirty letters.
I doubt the fling and the affair are true, I think he just made them up and threw in the cancer story there to make Alison feel bad about not giving him some privacy. She had just tortured him with a glue gun, he had to make sure the story was sad enough that she wouldn't question him about it again.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That scene is so awkward to watch. Thinking of Leekie in that sense is just... No. I always wanted to know what he says to her though.
Oh, I'm pretty sure Leekie says, "Hello. How is she?" and Delphine says, "Good, I think."

Quote:
I doubt the fling and the affair are true, I think he just made them up and threw in the cancer story there to make Alison feel bad about not giving him some privacy. She had just tortured him with a glue gun, he had to make sure the story was sad enough that she wouldn't question him about it again.
Probably.

savannah · (c)
Old 09-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh, I'm pretty sure Leekie says, "Hello. How is she?" and Delphine says, "Good, I think."
yeah, something like that.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-25-2013, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlanded (View Post)
Ooh, thanks! Mystery solved.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

Another great episode a more heavy alison one which is ok ..

Love sarah and felix

Paul ok his a very strong character poor vic stood no chance really i do feel sorry for him
Old 07-31-2017, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the nice discussion.