Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2014, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm very curious what exactly is going to happen to her eye next season.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:14 AM
Master Fan

I dont like watching Rachel suffers,

save Rachel from Delphine
Old 04-25-2015, 02:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Rachel has caused a lot of suffering, she was aware of/sanctioned Helsinki which saw 6 Leda clones die, and 32 collateral as Ferdinand put it, so sorry she gets no sympathy from me. There's more, but I'll leave it at that.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Rachel is a product of Dyad's work so I could've forgiven her for some things but after the S2 finale and finding out that she was organising the death of the other Leda clones? Not so much.

That said, I always find Rachel most interesting when she's out of control and I'm really interested to see where they take her character this season. Unlike her previous outbursts, the damage to her brain doesn't look like it'll be easily fixed and I'm kind of excited about it.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:54 AM
Loyal Fan

There's a film starring Harrison Ford I believe, I've forgotten the title, where his character gets shot in the head during a robbery. As a consequence he changes from manipulative business man to mild mannered father or something like that, maybe Rachel will undergo a similar transformation?
Old 04-26-2015, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

Rachel is already down and weak

No need for Delphine to attack her
Old 04-26-2015, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's exactly what Rachel would've done to any of the other clones though. In fact, she does just that to Sarah. With Kira taken, Sarah is willing to cooperate and hands herself in. That should've been enough for Rachel but then she tries to organise an oophorectomy to remove one of Sarah's ovaries. Then smashes the bone marrow that Sarah painfully let her daughter donate in front of her, just cause she feels like it. She didn't have to do any of that but she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOT (View Post)
There's a film starring Harrison Ford I believe, I've forgotten the title, where his character gets shot in the head during a robbery. As a consequence he changes from manipulative business man to mild mannered father or something like that, maybe Rachel will undergo a similar transformation?
It depends on how much it was damaged and which parts. The frontal lobe controls things like emotion, movement, speech, planning and reasoning. All things Rachel has spent years honing and perfecting so that she can represent herself and Dyad in the best possible way. So far we've seen some damage to her speech and possibly her emotional reaction (She looks uncharacteristically scared of Delphine), but I'm really curious to see what else has been effected. It's totally possible that she could undergo a big emotional and personality change and my favourite example of that is Phineas Gage (An iron rod shot straight through his head but had a pretty big personality change. It's fascinating), so who knows! I'm just looking forward to seeing it.

Disclaimer, it's been a very long time since I studied this stuff.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:28 AM
Loyal Fan

Brain science is a bit over my head, no pun intended, but that sounds about right remembering the little I know. I read up a little on that guy, v. interesting. Hope Rachel's change isn't in the same direction, imagine her if she got worse!! It is going to be an interesting story to watch as the season progresses.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That said, I always find Rachel most interesting when she's out of control and I'm really interested to see where they take her character this season.
It's going to be very interesting and let's be honest, there wasn't a lot of places to go with Rachel in charge of Dyad so I'm glad they took such a sharp turn.

And even though I know she did some nasty ****, up to now, I'm still open to redemption for her. They managed to make us care about Helena, and she killed clones too. They are two sides of the same coin, somehow.

Quote:
The movie is Regarding Henry. In the movie, he suffers amnesia though so I think that played a part in his change of character

However, Rachel suffered an injury to the "frontal lobe" which is very interesting considering what the frontal lobe does.

It has a lot to do with planning and organization, especially the evaluation of consequences of an action; as well as long term memories based in emotions and social behavior. Rachel being who she is, it's sure to change her personality, as well as her behavior, a lot.

Brain injuries to the frontal love can make people unpredictable when it comes to emotion, making it hard for them to control their extreme emotions, especially:

Quote:
Damage to this vital lobe can cause impairments in judgment, attention span and organizational ability, as well as a loss of motivation. In addition, the frontal lobes are charged with the task of regulating mood and emotions. Consequently, when they are compromised, a patient may become impulsive, act rashly, and adopt risky behaviors such as substance abuse.
So I'd say that sounds all very interesting since we're talking about Ms Control Freak herself, wouldn't you?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-27-2015, 12:34 AM
Loyal Fan

I think Helena is a slightly different case as she was brought up to believe she was the original and the others were abominations. Once she found out the truth well slowly she changed and became one of the family. Rachel has always known making her actions somewhat less forgiveable, but that doesn't mean she's beyond redemption I just think it'll take the others longer to accept her into the fold. Working with Delphine and Sarah to bring down castor and working with Cosima on finding a cure would help greatly there. Though that is dependant on her recovery somewhat.

Quote:
The movie is Regarding Henry. In the movie, he suffers amnesia though so I think that played a part in his change of character
Thanks for the insight, it's my selective memory again!
Old 04-27-2015, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think the difference between Rachel and Helena is that Helena wanted to be included and be part of the family, Rachel wants nothing to do with them and is constantly fighting to be seen as better than everyone else. They may have both done terrible things but Rachel has a greater capability to understand her actions and still continues to do them regardless of the consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOT (View Post)
Hope Rachel's change isn't in the same direction, imagine her if she got worse!! It is going to be an interesting story to watch as the season progresses.
The rest of the clones would be in some serious trouble if she got worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
It's going to be very interesting and let's be honest, there wasn't a lot of places to go with Rachel in charge of Dyad so I'm glad they took such a sharp turn.
Exactly. A change in her was needed.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
I think the difference between Rachel and Helena is that Helena wanted to be included and be part of the family, Rachel wants nothing to do with them and is constantly fighting to be seen as better than everyone else. They may have both done terrible things but Rachel has a greater capability to understand her actions and still continues to do them regardless of the consequences.
That's true, though I would add that she's not averse to wanting things from them, whether that's information or body parts, if it's to her advantage!
Old 04-30-2015, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly! Doesn't want to be like them but is totally happy to take from them if it suits her.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am really missing Rachel this third season. Hope to see her more. She still has a lot of potential as a character. And can bring a lot to the table.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

The new Jurassic Park poster reminds me of Rachel Duncan.