Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2017, 09:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

So I got one birthday present in the shape of my United shirt coming between Monday & Tuesday, and my second present was someone deciding I deserved a lie-in tomorrow morning. In theory I am beyond thankful for this, but I wanna try to complete this essay for college before my birthday on Monday so I'll probably be up anyway as I've become allergic to a lie in...... but I still appreciate the visuals
Old 06-17-2017, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
It's good to let it out. I mean often I can't move past things that bother me until I've either spoken to someone over it or written it down (I keep a diary for this very reason - and yes it's as sad as you can imagine ) just to kind of get re-playing moments like this out of my brain.
Thanks, Lauren And that's not sad at all, writing is a great way of letting things out
Old 06-17-2017, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
writing is a great way of letting things out
100% agreed. I've tried writing diaries I think twice. Once when I was bullied as a kid cause my counselor said it'd be good for me to get emotions out, but I ended up feeling guilty about the things I wrote and really fearful that the wrong person would get their hands on it, and the second time was a few years back when I was having a bad time with my anxiety/depression. It was ok but I'd find when I was doing a little better, coming across the diary would just overwhelm me with sadness all over again & I was afraid someone would see it. So instead I just use stuff that's happened as inspiration in my books, and it gets that heaviness off my chest.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So instead I just use stuff that's happened as inspiration in my books
That's amazing, Sam!
Old 06-18-2017, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Totally understandable Sam. Using your feelings to inspire you instead is another great thing to do! I've had someone read my diary/journal before and it felt like the grossest invasion of privacy that even thinking about it now turns my stomach a bit. Made worse I think because the person who did it didn't even tell me what they'd done until long after the fact and I can't be sure of what they read. It's the fastest way to break trust with me for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
And that's not sad at all
Some of the things I write in it are.

Is anywhere else having a heatwave rn? The UK is baking and my Mum has been suffering from Diverticulitis and has had to be hospitalised whilst she recovers because of the heat/dehydration making it worse.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so sorry, Lauren, hope she feels better soon
Old 06-18-2017, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
The UK is baking and my Mum has been suffering from Diverticulitis and has had to be hospitalised whilst she recovers because of the heat/dehydration making it worse.
Yep, I keep passing out from heat exhaustion I could actually deal with it if it was just simply passing out from being so hot nut no! Gotta make do with the blurry vision, going pale as a ghost, struggling to even walk let alone breathe in the build-up to passing out My Teacher at college last week was suggesting I carry a portable fan with me and it's just like When you suffer heat exhaustion you have to completely strip off, along with having water + air + a cool space, and I may get on well with some people in my class but I don't know them well enough to let them take all my clothes off. I was supposed to be going out bowling & a pizza tomorrow for my birthday, but instead I'm probs just gonna go up west for some bits & do the rest indoors. Seriously cannot wait until I'm back in Nottingham for Uni, because I desperately miss their constant rain & wind

Quote:
That's amazing, Sam!
Totally understandable Sam. Using your feelings to inspire you instead is another great thing to do!
Thanks guys It's honestly so fun for me cause when people read drafts of my work they're all like 'wow you have a great imagination' and I'm just like you have no idea Like I don't tell people which parts of my writing is real and which is false partially cause in the frame of the story it doesn't actually matter, and people never believe that this type of stuff could happen.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The UK is baking and my Mum has been suffering from Diverticulitis and has had to be hospitalised whilst she recovers because of the heat/dehydration making it worse.
oh no, i hope she feels better.

make sure y'all are getting plenty of fluids.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How hot is it right now? It's almost winter here, but still it's a nice temperature, around 18°C
Old 06-18-2017, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it's about 90 degF here in NY right now
Old 06-18-2017, 05:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

It's 22c in London with humidity of 70% and it is very much the humidity that is killing me. Well, that and my body can't cope with anything above 5c

Oh and it's my birthday. I am officially 27 years old. That's gonna feel weird for a little while
Old 06-18-2017, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy birthday, Sam!

Quote:
it's about 90 degF here in NY right now
I just checked what that is in Celsius, and it says 32°C, which is usually how hot it is here in the summer as well
Old 06-18-2017, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh and it's my birthday.
happy bday. hope you had a great one

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 06-18-2017, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you guys. She seems mostly ok, just in pain, and flaked out. Hopefully she'll be home by the end of tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
Oh and it's my birthday. I am officially 27 years old. That's gonna feel weird for a little while
Happy Birthday Sam! I hope you're doing something fun for it in this heat.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Fingers crossed, Lauren