Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

so, I binged 13 reasons why. that was a ****ing mess. I wish they had all killed themselves at the end, to be honest.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 04-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL, Manu, I'm SO sorry you had to go through that
Old 04-13-2017, 03:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvers (View Post)
so, I binged 13 reasons why. that was a ****ing mess. I wish they had all killed themselves at the end, to be honest.
WHY would you put yourself through that, manu?
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-13-2017, 04:17 AM
Ultimate Fan

El Internado is a bloody ride! Like I've only watched 2 eps but so much stuff is going on and I love it I knew Ivan wouldn't be expelled even if that prank they played on the maid was horrible and I love Marcos, but with the amount of times his sister has gone off to the woods and talking about gnomes & fairies I don't see this working out well for him & watching too many conspiracy shows has me doubting whether Ivan is really that maids son.

Spoiler:

I'm really hoping the hype over 13 reasons dies down sometime soon, cause my patience is severely being tested with some people I follow on Twitter. Like I'll ignore you saying Snowbarry is the true otp of the flash & Westallen is incest, along with people unfortunately shipping Supercorp and acting like Sanvers don't exist simply cause they hate bland-el as well. But there's only sooo many times I can deal with peeps acting like 13 reasons is the holy grail before I remember on Tweetdeck I can adjust my filters & tune this stuff out (It's really annoying how often I forget this )
Old 04-13-2017, 04:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
El Internado is a bloody ride! Like I've only watched 2 eps but so much stuff is going on and I love it I knew Ivan wouldn't be expelled even if that prank they played on the maid was horrible and I love Marcos, but with the amount of times his sister has gone off to the woods and talking about gnomes & fairies I don't see this working out well for him & watching too many conspiracy shows has me doubting whether Ivan is really that maids son.
ivaaaaaan. i love him. his character goes on such a great journey of becoming a decent guy. and i liked marcos a lot at first, but trust me, in time you will really come to hate him. did you notice that the kindergarten teacher, amelia, is laura from GH? or that fermin is bernardo from 6H? (and the gym teacher, the dude with the white hair, is actually good friends with luz irl.) other random people you'll see pop up eventually in EI (aside from luz): the actor who played german in 6H, the actor who played camilo in 6H, and the actress who played elisa in 6H. but some of those are a long ways off ...

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-13-2017, 05:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
did you notice that the kindergarten teacher, amelia, is laura from GH? or that fermin is bernardo from 6H?
Amelia I got straight away but Fermin took like half of ep 2 cause it's been sooo long since I watched 6H but it's incredibly amusing

Spoiler:
Old 04-13-2017, 06:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
Amelia I got straight away but Fermin took like half of ep 2 cause it's been sooo long since I watched 6H but it's incredibly amusing

Spoiler:
tiny non-plot spoiler ... in a later season you find out fermin's ex girlfriend is named AURORA. perfect.

Spoiler:
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-13-2017, 06:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

DP. hates me today
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-13-2017, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm really hoping the hype over 13 reasons dies down sometime soon, cause my patience is severely being tested with some people I follow on Twitter. Like I'll ignore you saying Snowbarry is the true otp of the flash & Westallen is incest, along with people unfortunately shipping Supercorp and acting like Sanvers don't exist simply cause they hate bland-el as well. But there's only sooo many times I can deal with peeps acting like 13 reasons is the holy grail before I remember on Tweetdeck I can adjust my filters & tune this stuff out (It's really annoying how often I forget this )
Snowbarry, what's that??

And yeah, I hope it dies down as well, specially because now there are teachers going crazy, like we HAVE to use this show in our classrooms, wtf, a teacher literally said (after many of us, me included, pointed out that this is a very sensitive issue for many people and the show can be trigering) "oh, but it's not about the show being trigering it's about us not being those teachers the story shows" to which I said, look, if your reason to bring this up in the classroom is so you're not blamed or feel fuilty about a student possibly committing suicide one day, then it's definitely NOT a good reason, it's the most selfish reason to do it, actually, you couldn't care less anbout the students, you just wanna feel good about yourself. People ARE the worst
Old 04-13-2017, 09:58 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Snowbarry, what's that??
The ship name for Barry Allen & Caitlin Snow on The Flash and I curse its existence.

Quote:
if your reason to bring this up in the classroom is so you're not blamed or feel fuilty about a student possibly committing suicide one day, then it's definitely NOT a good reason, it's the most selfish reason to do it, actually, you couldn't care less anbout the students, you just wanna feel good about yourself. People ARE the worst
I think this sums up in a nutshell alot of the hype I've seen over this show. Not a misguided attempt at wanting to raise awareness & let people know they're not alone, but ease the conscience so if they are suicidal you can claim you did everything you could & it's not your problem. Like in the UK there's an anti-bullying campaign running in the media all about telling someone if you're being bullied so they can help you ..... because really! Telling someone you're being bullied will make it stop. You'll immediately be believed, the perpetrator expelled from school etc, no comebacks at all, just get on with your life like it never happened? Because it's really that simple
Old 04-13-2017, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

EXACTLY! And because ALL that suicidal person needed was for YOU to say "I'm here if you need anything", OMG LIFE IS WORTH LIVING AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU'RE A SAINT
Old 04-13-2017, 10:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
And yeah, I hope it dies down as well, specially because now there are teachers going crazy, like we HAVE to use this show in our classrooms
what the ****.

Quote:
Not a misguided attempt at wanting to raise awareness & let people know they're not alone, but ease the conscience so if they are suicidal you can claim you did everything you could & it's not your problem. Like in the UK there's an anti-bullying campaign running in the media all about telling someone if you're being bullied so they can help you ..... because really! Telling someone you're being bullied will make it stop. You'll immediately be believed, the perpetrator expelled from school etc, no comebacks at all, just get on with your life like it never happened? Because it's really that simple
EXACTLY
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-13-2017, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I had a friend ask me what I thought of 13 Reasons Why yesterday. I'd like to go back to last week when no one I knew was talking about this show. I asked her why she wanted to watch the show, and it was only because of the hype, so I redirected her to Big Little Lies. Similar themes, much better storytelling and the ending is super gratifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvers (View Post)
Manu, why? I thought you were going to save yourself from it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
There wasn't much worth watching, really. Just a second Aurelia proposal scene (so nice!) and a couple of REALLY GOOD other Aurelia scenes, but the writing in general went to **** after Adela died lbr it went to **** right around when Velasco showed up; I literally put all of the show's failures on him, I hate him sfm.
My small inclination to one day catch up diminishes a little bit more every time you say that.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I thought you were going to save yourself from it?
my mom was visiting and wanted to watch it I'm clearly going to heaven. that was painful and 2 whole days of my life I am never getting back. the hype over this show goes to show how truly ****ed up human kind is.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 04-13-2017, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ THIS

Quote:
I redirected her to Big Little Lies. Similar themes, much better storytelling and the ending is super gratifying.
I really want to see this one, heard great things about it! Also, you are a GREAT friend