Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

sorry to hear that. hope things start to look up soon

Quote:
You didn't like Jessica Jones?
nope. and I was forced to watch it twice always thought the lead was miscast. she does nothing for me. the main storyline was ludicrous (did it really take her THAT long to figure out what she had to do to become "immune" to kilgrave's powers?), the writing super bad and the queer characters downright insulting (of course the lesbians all have to be psychos/villains). definitely not my thing. but most people aren't as picky as me with their shows so I kind of get why it's popular.

I thought the punisher saved daredevil season 2. he had a monologue in one [amazing] episode that is emmy worth material. too good.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 10-05-2016, 02:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by root (View Post)
nope. and I was forced to watch it twice always thought the lead was miscast. she does nothing for me. the main storyline was ludicrous (did it really take her THAT long to figure out what she had to do to become "immune" to kilgrave's powers?), the writing super bad and the queer characters downright insulting (of course the lesbians all have to be psychos/villains). definitely not my thing. but most people aren't as picky as me with their shows so I kind of get why it's popular.

I thought the punisher saved daredevil season 2. he had a monologue in one [amazing] episode that is emmy worth material. too good.
I think the lead is what sold the show for me. But I can totally see why you didn't like it for those reasons.

I've heard the Punisher is the best part of season two. He's the only reason why I even bothered to download it but I think until I'm all out of tv it'll stay unwatched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Reynolds (View Post)
Haven't been able to visit much either. Some changes happened with my job and things aren't going that great.
That sucks Jordan. I hope it gets better!
Old 10-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I finished Grace and Frankie last night. Now I need to catch up on Brooklyn 99
Old 10-06-2016, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I really like Grace and Frankie! I haven't watched season two yet but need to do that.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I tried to watch Jessica Jones the other evening, but couldn't quite get into it, might need to be slightly more awake, perhaps. I've been waking up regularly between 3 and 4 in the morning so being coherent after 8PM is proving to be a real problem!

Quote:
I'm still bummed that show got cancelled.
It always amazes me how some utter ****e can go on for series after series yet some really good stuff gets culled after one or two seasons and sometimes they don't even get that far. Two of those that come to mind are American Odyssey with Anna Friel, which was consistently good, but didn't make it past 13 episodes and Believe which had great potential but was let down by some indifferent writing at times. The blurb for Believe when it appeared on British TV was "The program that everyone is talking about." Well that "everyone" clearly wasn't so as it got canned mid way through season 1! Such a pity.

I won't go on about anything that went on far too long for fear of retribution!

Though if someone else wants to start that debate then I might have a contribution or two to make.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the problem with Netflix shows is that they are too hyped, so you end up watching with high expectations even when you tell yourself not to do that
Old 10-07-2016, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOT (View Post)
The blurb for Believe when it appeared on British TV was "The program that everyone is talking about." Well that "everyone" clearly wasn't so as it got canned mid way through season 1! Such a pity.
Maybe it was high hopes that everyone would be talking about it.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think the problem with Netflix shows is that they are too hyped, so you end up watching with high expectations even when you tell yourself not to do that
could be, but in some cases the hype is justified, like with stranger things or even OITNB (the early days). jessica jones and luke cage aren't bad shows at all, they're just not for me.

I wish they'd make a batwoman show. nothing like a lesbian superhero, specially now that they've got the bulletproof black man superhero show. then again, it seems like netflix is only tackling marvel heroes, unfortunately. it's a shame that dc heroes have all ended up on the cw. gross.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 10-08-2016, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I liked season one of OITNB, but every season after that had been a drag to get through so I didn't even bother with the latest season. I don't think I even saw much of it on my feed this year.

Could Netflix even do DC superheroes if they already have Marvel ones?
Old 10-08-2016, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

IDK how that would work. I'd say no, but then again, FOX has gotham (DC) and CBS had supergirl (which is now on the cw along with arrow, the flash and legends of tomorrow). and ABC has agents of shield, which is a marvel show. I think it could happen?

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 10-08-2016, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

DP

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]

Last edited by danvers; 10-08-2016 at 03:24 PM
Old 10-09-2016, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think ABC was trying to get other spinoff Marvel shows but it hasn't been too good so far and now we're probably never going to see Bobbi or Hunter again.

It would be good if Netflix could do DC though. As long as they don't try to do another Superman or Batman.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you all had a good weekend

Last edited by Aurora Cormier; 10-10-2016 at 01:03 PM
Old 10-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
As long as they don't try to do another Superman or Batman
ugh, no. I'd kill for a batwoman or catwoman show, though.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 10-09-2016, 09:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

hello friends. i have been away because i've been pretty sick this past week and also busy with work. hope everyone is well.
S T A R D U S T