Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2016, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Bah, work. Put me on the list of needing a good job that I like and pays well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
I've been sick so I binge-watched watched Stranger Things and it's so good. #justiceforBarb
I hear lots of good things about Stranger Things but I haven't started it yet since it doesn't really sound like my thing.

The only shows I've been watching lately is 6H and Grace and Frankie.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
I'm always looking. Nothing pans out, though. I mean, here in my town there's nothing better than what I already have. And outside here, there are much better schools, but they're all in much bigger cities, like São Paulo, and then the issue is what they pay is ridiculous considering how expensive it is to live there. Like, most schools will pay the same I make here. The truth is I chose the worst profession if my goal was to have a good work environment AND good pay.
ugh, that sucks.

i'm lucky to have the job i have. i've been here over a year now at the company i'm at and i'm SO glad i left my old job.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-19-2016, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I've been sick so I binge-watched watched Stranger Things and it's so good. #justiceforBarb
skull

never got the barb obsession. I couldn't give two ****s about her death, to be honest. she had one line of dialogue, for crying out loud.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-19-2016, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Well, Beth had had literally no line in OB when she died and I liked her right away, some characters just get to people
Old 09-19-2016, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by root (View Post)
skull

never got the barb obsession. I couldn't give two ****s about her death, to be honest. she had one line of dialogue, for crying out loud.
It seems to be a tail end of summer cold, but it's been coming on for weeks and now it has just wiped me out.

Oh I'm not really into Barb either, but I do think it was cruel that no one seemed to give a **** after she disappeared. Nancy did, but she never really discussed her feelings about it, and Barb's mum was in one scene??? And no one was looking for her? Yeah it was covered up that she ran away, but if anyone knew Barb they knew that was highly, highly unlikely. It was just weird. Barb might have been older than Will but she was still just as much a kid no matter how much she looked like a 40 year old Mum.
Quote:
I hear lots of good things about Stranger Things but I haven't started it yet since it doesn't really sound like my thing.
I thought the same, but it appealed to my x-files love and then it turned out to be great imo, but I did go into it with zero expectations.

The only thing I couldn't stand was the forced child romance on 11 and Mike. I can't stand kid romances in anything.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
^ Well, Beth had had literally no line in OB when she died and I liked her right away, some characters just get to people
but see at least beth had characterization after the fact. we got a sense for who she actually was. who tf was barb???

Quote:
The only thing I couldn't stand was the forced child romance on 11 and Mike. I can't stand kid romances in anything.
that was the worst. i'm sorry but kids at that age truly don't care about romance. like, come on.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-19-2016, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
i'm sorry but kids at that age truly don't care about romance
You'd be shocked by the kids where I work, then
Old 09-20-2016, 01:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
I thought the same, but it appealed to my x-files love and then it turned out to be great imo, but I did go into it with zero expectations.
I'll get to it eventually, though now that new tv is coming back it could be a while.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The only thing I couldn't stand was the forced child romance on 11 and Mike.
don't remind me. every single romance on that show was unnecessary.

I'm surprised they didn't have wynona's character hook up with the sheriff

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-20-2016, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by root (View Post)

I'm surprised they didn't have wynona's character hook up with the sheriff
Yeah I thought that was going to happen as well. It probably will in S2.

Quote:
that was the worst. i'm sorry but kids at that age truly don't care about romance. like, come on.
They are barely 12.... it's just so cringy. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just a one sided crush because ok that's fine for kids, but it played out over the whole season like a typical adult romance arc and uhdgjdhhfjh gross. I thought at one point Mike was even going to say he loved her and I was ready to throw my tv out the window because no.

I was much more touched by the differences and eventual friendship that grew between 11 and Lucas (in a non romantic way of course). That felt like a much more natural relationship between two 12 year olds.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
They are barely 12.... it's just so cringy. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just a one sided crush because ok that's fine for kids, but it played out over the whole season like a typical adult romance arc and uhdgjdhhfjh gross. I thought at one point Mike was even going to say he loved her and I was ready to throw my tv out the window because no.

I was much more touched by the differences and eventual friendship that grew between 11 and Lucas (in a non romantic way of course). That felt like a much more natural relationship between two 12 year olds.
agreed completely.

Quote:
You'd be shocked by the kids where I work, then
i know i TALKED about stuff like ~romance when i was 11/12, but it wasn't like some kind of deep epic love like the media always shows between kids. **** like that is so yikesy. i don't want to see 12 year olds kissing.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-21-2016, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
i know i TALKED about stuff like ~romance when i was 11/12, but it wasn't like some kind of deep epic love like the media always shows between kids. **** like that is so yikesy. i don't want to see 12 year olds kissing.
I don't even like talking about that stuff now, so I'm pretty sure I'd be lost if kids were talking about it.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Guys, they talk about SEX where I work. How's that for gross?

Sometimes I really feel like giving up on what I do, seriously I'm disrespected on a daily basis, working in the midst of swearing, middle fingers, obscene language, am laughed at, get every sort of rude disgusting answer, nobody cares about anything. And that gets to me to a point where the littlest thing makes me rage and lose it. One can only take this crap for so long, you know? So, today, after what was a relatively calm day, a student that is one of the worst passed by us and kicked a sandal that hit me. Just like that, and he thought it was super funny, and when I called him on it and he had to come to me and listen to what I had to say, he ran. Mocking me, as usual. I should've just not cared and let him go, but like I said, it's the smallest things that make me lose it, so I went after him (not running, of course, lol) and took him to the principal's office. He sweared at me the whole way, stuck out his tongue, called me stuff, and then had the nerve to tell the principal I was lying and CRY, with actual tears. I've never yelled so loud the way I did today, I think, everyone around was looking, it's embarrassing, I hate making a scandal, but I didn't care, my body was actually shaking with anger and I thought I could have a heart attack if I didn't say it all.

The principal said he'd be suspended and she'd ask his mom to transfer him to another school. I really want to believe that's what's gonna happen, but I highly doubt he'll be transferred at this point, the school year ends in December, so it's more likely that he'll stay there until the end. Oh joy.

I told him and her and I don't wanna see him in my classroom or anywhere near it anymore, if I'm at one place, he should walk away, I don't wanna see him anymore. I really don't.

What makes me the saddest is that 1) this student is actually smart and can participate in class when he wants to. The problem is he rarely wants to, and he constantly disrupts my class (when I'm teaching other classes that aren't his). So, yeah, he COULD be a lot better if he simply knew how to respect people, and he doesn't, and I really don't think my job is there is to teach him that you shouldn't swear at your teacher. That should've been learned a long time ago. At home. I'm an English teacher, not a parent.

2) I am painfully aware that I shouldn't have made this big of a deal out of a sandal. It's ridiculous and it's irrational, when you think about how it escalated and how it wouldn't have if I'd just ignored it, like I normally would. I'd even tell a fellow teacher to ignore it cause it's not worth it. But at the same time...WHY should I ignore it? WHY should I accept having a student disrupt my class? How long can you put up with everything that I just wrote here? What's even the point of putting up with it?
Old 09-23-2016, 04:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Guys, they talk about SEX where I work. How's that for gross?
no puedo. no puedo.

and it sounds like your job is absolutely horrible. i am not a fan of children in general and these kids sound like absolute bastards. if i were you i would DEFINITELY be looking for a new job, smdh.

S T A R D U S T
Old 09-23-2016, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

poor ju. teachers are ****ing heroes in this country.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]