Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeless romantic (View Post)
- Art seems to have set himself up to die? But that just feels like it would be incredibly painful to everyone involved after losing Mrs. S, so maybe (this may just be wishful thinking on my part?!?) the real reason for rejoicing is that he manages to rescue Helena and Sarah and they get out alive after offing Matty and P.T.?
I feel like Art is going to do an MK and tell Sarah and Helena to get out and he'll make sure Matty doesn't follow them even if it means he dies. Like I just see it.

I guess my biggest thing going into 5x10 is Kira. They spent a ridiculous amount of time on her this season that they really didn't need to do if they don't explain away her "feelings". I'm gonna rage if that is left up in the air. Give me answers. They've hollered on about it for 5 seasons now and I think it's the only thing in terms of the science of the show they haven't explained.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I say prepare to rage then, cause this will most certainly not be explained, not in a satisfying way, at least

I sort of enjoyed this episode, but it was just meh like most of the season. Even though I do like character centric episodes, I kinda wish they done this get-to-know-the-clone kinda thing earlier on the show, when it could've mattered more. If they had done this flashback when Helena wasn't totally on the sestras' side yet, that could've humanized her character, give us that oh-there's-a-reason-for-her-to-be-like-this-maybe-she's-not-so-bad feeling. Now the audience already KNOWS she's not bad and loves her, so, even though the flashback actress was great, those were all unnecessary scenes. And that scene with the bleach made me extremely uncomfortable, what that nun did was torture

It was weird to me at first that they changed the actress, btw, but I think that girl looked more like Helena than Cynthia could have if she'd worn a wig. The wigs are pretty terrible this season.

I agree that it looks like Art is going to die. And again I'm frustrated because, you know, we say the deaths this season were for shock value, but they didn't even get that right, all the deaths so far have been SO predictable it's ridiculous, really, like, oh we don't need you anymore, DIE, oh we forgot you existed, come here and guest star one more time to DIE, wtf???

And I can't think of a more soapy ending than Helena having the babies in the finale. No wait, I can, Sarah will deliver them and they'll all have a connection instantly because they're magical babies after all, and Kira is going to feel the whole thing from wherever she is
Old 08-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
And I can't think of a more soapy ending than Helena having the babies in the finale. No wait, I can, Sarah will deliver them and they'll all have a connection instantly because they're magical babies after all, and Kira is going to feel the whole thing from wherever she is
i stg this is going to happen.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-07-2017, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ It totally will, because women and feminism and the future is female, etc. You know.

S's funeral was okay...though I still find her death too stupid to even be properly sad about it I get why Alison and Cosima couldn't be there, but I expected to see at least one moment where the clones actually met to mourn her and support Sarah, but it looks like they really gave up on multi clone scenes this season
Old 08-08-2017, 04:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
S's funeral was okay...though I still find her death too stupid to even be properly sad about it
i teared up for a minute and then i watched the rest of the episode and remembered again just how stupid and pointless mrs s' death was.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-08-2017, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
I'm relieved to finally see Sarah out of the house, and I'm glad she used Rachel in the plan. Mrs S always would take the risk and I think Sarah realises finally that the risk sometimes has to be taken even if she doesn't like it.
I think what I liked most about them using Rachel in the plan is that this time Rachel didn't double cross them. They've used Rachel in plans before but it always backfires. It was nice to see a different ending for a change.

Quote:
I'm also kinda wishing they'd kept the final few episodes to be like the usual OB with a focus on all the clones rather than specifically Helena, and Sarah next week. I wish they'd finished the character centric ones before now, but that's just another pacing issue S5 has been compounded with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesdane (View Post)
honestly i found the helena stuff okay but it kinda felt out of place for me here and now. would rather have seen it earlier in the season.
Agreed. I think this episode would've done better earlier in the season but Helena has been MIA for most of it that they would've had difficulty making her relevant later in the season.

Quote:
Perhaps they needed a kid that could speak Ukrainian/Russian?
That's what I've read, but it was still weird. Like did young Helena even say that much?

Quote:
"Her name is Helena" THAT'S THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT I LIKE TO SEE.

Loved Rachel this episode and I can't believe I'm saying it, but I've loved her all season since the scene she shared with Cosima in 5x01, and I knew somehow that there was a bit of humanity digging around in Rachel somewhere, right at the back of her dead soul. Sure she is still going to be out for herself, but she isn't as closed off as she was.
YES! But also Rachel using "we" in reference to her and the others.

Agreed. Rachel has been her most interesting this season. Usually she'll grab me for one episode and then my interest dies but she's been pretty solid this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
But it looks like they really gave up on multi clone scenes this season
We've had a few, just not many (If any) with more than two at a time. I feel like the multi clone scenes have been so flawless this season that I barely notice them now. Still, there's gotta be one last scene with all the clones in it.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Hmm...... I see your theory and raise you Art + Sarah delivering the babies and the whole thing being inter cut with flashbacks from Sarah giving birth to Kira, because if there's one thing this shows loved doing this year it's flashbacks and parallels.

Quote:
cause this will most certainly not be explained, not in a satisfying way, at least
Explanations are overrated, everything is down to interpretation.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
Hmm...... I see your theory and raise you Art + Sarah delivering the babies and the whole thing being inter cut with flashbacks from Sarah giving birth to Kira, because if there's one thing this shows loved doing this year it's flashbacks and parallels.
I love a parallel and usually enjoy the flashbacks, but this is one that we don't need to see in the final episode. Maybe earlier in the season and I would've loved it.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Addicted Fan

Now that I think about it, I think the scenes showing flashbacks of stuff we already knew about Helena's younger years (Tomas training her to become a killer) were the source of my unease about this episode.

It was useful to find out where the deep red rings around her eyes came from, so as horrific as the bleach scene was, it felt important to see that she was subject to deep chemical burns. The bleached hair, not so much since it would definitely have grown out by now (unless she's still doing it, which would be very disturbing).

But the scene of her in the closet, the scenes with her showing Tomas her little improvised cardboard doll house with all of the barbie-doll clones she was going to kill -- all of that felt like stuff we already implicitly knew, so it didn't have the punch of either the bleach scene or the first kill/Tomas trying to convince her yet again that she was "the original" scene, setting her up for beginning to cut herself, with all of the implicit self-hatred.

If they could have freed up a few minutes, perhaps for us to see how Helena got food, began to like weird food combinations before we met her I think I might have liked it better.

I still have so many questions about how Helena lived her life before she started getting feelings connecting her to Sarah as her sister, and a lot of them revolve around her nutritional status all her life -- I mean, it was interesting to see her stealing chocolates, and I can rationalize her poor nutritional status being the reason they didn't use the Charlotte actress -- since growing up being partially starved and treated very badly by the nuns would have brought about epigenetic changes that vastly changed the expression of her DNA, so I'd rather have gotten a scene of Tomas with-holding food/only giving her candy and other cr@p food if she was learning to fight well than to see her playing with dolls, which made her feel a bit to much like a girly-girl, which is the very last way I've ever seen Helena.

And, BTW, I really don't want to have those feelings explained in her or in Kira, because I feel like that would cast a bad shadow on just how much of the "science fiction" on the show is theoretically achievable science fact based on current research. I can live with there being a bit of a supernatural vibe to Sarah, Helena, and Kira having a sense of each other that's a bit different from what anyone else on the show has.

I really don't want them to waste a single minute on anything that's not absolutely essential in the finale, which already feels like it might be unmanageable, given the sheer amount of blood that's going to need to be shed and the amount of healing of all of the members of Clone Club based on the hope that taking out the ultimate head of the Hydra/monster that has been Neolution will give everyone we love some sort of lasting peace as a loving family group, instead of all of the separation between the clones we've seen for most of the season.

Last edited by hopeless romantic; 08-08-2017 at 07:42 AM
Old 08-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
oh my godddd

Quote:
I still have so many questions about how Helena lived her life before
tbh i feel this way about a lot of the clones.

Quote:
Agreed. Rachel has been her most interesting this season. Usually she'll grab me for one episode and then my interest dies but she's been pretty solid this season.
i wish this could have been the rachel we saw in s2-4 because i think she actually fits in more in line here with s1 rachel than anything else that came before it. too bad rachel is dead to me forever b/c of all the bs she pulled.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Huh. I didn't get to watch until now because I was away for the weekend (in Toronto, ironically), and I was so anxious to see this episode, but now I feel a little let down.

There was definitely some good stuff here: Rachel was interesting, Siobhan's funeral was touching (and mercifully short!), I was glad to see Sarah in the thick of the action and doing a clone swap (perhaps the last one), and I think Coady is a great villain--much more so than PT, really. It's chilling how she can have such a good, gentle bedside manner while she's in the process of killing someone (Mark) or totally exploiting and dehumanizing another woman (Helena).

Maybe my expectations are just too high for these last episodes, but it wasn't as exciting as I wanted it to be. As others of you have mentioned, the Helena flashbacks mostly felt redundant and not necessary at this point. I think what bugged me more than that though was that I really wish that Sarah had more of a plan. So she passes herself off as Rachel and gets an audience with PT, fine, but then basically she was just supposed to stall, which she managed to do for all of what, two minutes? And then she had no backup plan beyond a feeble attempt at knifing him that was easily foiled. Some of the other clone swaps in the show have been so tense--will she be unmasked before she accomplishes her mission???--but in this case it was just over too quickly with no clear important plan to achieve anyway.

I wanted Cosima and Alison involved as well. This season has been a lot of the non-clone allies stepping up in big ways--Delphine, S, now Art--and that's cool, but ultimately OB is about the sestras. I hope they all have something to contribute in the final ep.

Speaking of Delphine, WTF is she doing in France? I guess we find out next time, but it better be something meaningful!
Old 08-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
Well, I say prepare to rage then, cause this will most certainly not be explained, not in a satisfying way, at least
But then why spend like HALF the season going on about it. 5x02 was devoted to Kira's choice to stay so she could find out and KDJKJS fksjd AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH.

What a waste of an episode.

Quote:
Quote:
Omg the cheese. You're going to be so right. But it could be the birth of Helena/Sarah as the parallel instead of Kira. Lol imagine cuts to all 3 scenes.

Quote:
That's what I've read, but it was still weird. Like did young Helena even say that much?
She has a bit of dialogue and a lot of screaming. Maybe the Charlotte actress couldn't do what was required I mean ..... that English accent she attempted in 5x07..... I felt bad for her.

Quote:
I really don't want them to waste a single minute on anything that's not absolutely essential in the finale, which already feels like it might be unmanageable, given the sheer amount of blood that's going to need to be shed and the amount of healing of all of the members of Clone Club based on the hope that taking out the ultimate head of the Hydra/monster that has been Neolution will give everyone we love some sort of lasting peace as a loving family group, instead of all of the separation between the clones we've seen for most of the season.
Oh it's definitely unmanageable, and I agree with this, but I still want the feelings thing resolved.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
But then why spend like HALF the season going on about it. 5x02 was devoted to Kira's choice to stay so she could find out and KDJKJS fksjd AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH.
Totally agree with you. There was so much time and drama and emotional energy spent (wasted?) on this, including basically making MK's sacrifice meaningless, since they didn't take the chance to escape because Kira wanted to understand why she's the way she is.... If there's no further followup I might have to go all P.T. Westmorland on my hair.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Speaking of Delphine, WTF is she doing in France?
Is it wrong this was my #1 issue with the episode? Because it was and still irratates me. But this is OB, people dissapear for eps and seasons at a time and not a word is spoken so I doubt any explanation will be provided.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I already have, a long time ago

Quote:
that English accent she attempted in 5x07..... I felt bad for her.
I loved Cynthia as Rachel I can't really judge her accent cause I'm no expert on that, but I'm pretty sure she was much better than those people that supposedly spoke Portuguese in season 3

Quote: