Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2016, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

News Thread #8: 1 month 'til the new season: how excited are you?

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 03-12-2016, 03:09 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm excited.

I'm not without trepidation, because I've lived too long and seen too many promising shows let themselves get boxed in to "a formula that works" or have seen stars that have outshone the premise of the show.

I've seen too much reliance on technology and too little on story, I've seen too much reliance on story and too little reliance on character -- and vice versa.

I've seen shows that proceed at break-neck speed slow down, and I've seen shows build to break-neck speed only to prove that there wasn't really ever any "there" there.

But the last episode of OB killed the cynical part of me. So many questions that had been planted in the first episode et seq got answers, and yet those answers have nothing to do with "where do we go from here?"

The human question of "how do I live with the fact that, instead of having a mom and dad who loved me (or at least biological parents who were horny and did the deed), I was created as an experiment into what would happen if they swapped out this sequence of DNA for another seems like a very "Neolution" idea, and I'm not even remotely sure what I would do if I found out that I was part of a secret drug trial, let alone a secret cloning trial, but I'm quite certain that, with all of the other stuff the soestras have gone through, chasing the question of how to continue to take back their lives will continue to be fertile ground for the writers/actors/crew.

(BTW, have you even seen the promo photos?!?)!!!!!
Old 03-13-2016, 06:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

tftnt, manu.
S T A R D U S T
Old 03-13-2016, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread Manu!

Only a month to go!
Old 03-13-2016, 04:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Only a month to go!
hard to believe ....
S T A R D U S T
Old 03-13-2016, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

both TM and AM won canadian screen awards in their respective categories tonight.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 03-13-2016, 09:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by root (View Post)
both TM and AM won canadian screen awards in their respective categories tonight.
Ari Millen seems like a very nice guy (he gave a sweet acceptance speech), but he robbed both Adrian Holmes and Jared Keeso of 19-2. He has been solid in OB but nothing more. Of course, this is the same award show that gave that annoying Jacob Tremblay kid an award over Christopher Plummer. WTF? Tremblay is great in Room, but I'll never believe a little kid's possibly accidental performance (no track record to prove otherwise) deserves a statue over the equally great performance of a Canadian legend. Jesus CSAs. Plus, I don't find little "moppets" cute. I like kids. I loathe kid performers. Sorry not sorry.
Old 03-13-2016, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Congrats to them both! I think the show won 7 awards throughout which is less than the last two years but I believe it was also nominated for less.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:49 PM
Addicted Fan

New Trailer (which means probable spoilers for anyone who can figure anything out of the brief glimpses of future scenes):

Orphan Black Trailer: ‘This is What Killed Beth’ | Orphan Black | BBC America
Old 03-15-2016, 06:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for the link to the new trailer.
S T A R D U S T
Old 03-15-2016, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

thank you for the link.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 03-16-2016, 02:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The new trailer has me pumped!

Cause 1, Delphine isn't officially dead (yet or not yet) and 2, more Krystal! Totally here for both.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The new trailer is really quite exciting, but I am mildly concerned that the only footage in which we see Cosima's face is in her ID picture. Ok we didn't see Rachel either, but Cosima is one of the big 3 so....

Either Cosima isn't important enough to show which lol not true, or the OB team are trying to keep her story under wraps for the time being.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:37 PM
Loyal Fan

I really didn't get that much from the trailer, maybe I need to view it again?

Cosima's absence from it doesn't concern me too much though, whatever her story is this year, it's got to be better than some of the **** she pulled last year. Sadly I don't imagine we'll see much of the lighter side of Cos during S4 hurt, hurt, hurt, a bit of science and possibly more pain. No stolen wine bottles and giggles for S4, hopefully we'll see some passion towards the end though.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Either Cosima isn't important enough to show which lol not true, or the OB team are trying to keep her story under wraps for the time being.
I'm pretty sure it's that. I love every clone in a different way but I think Cosima's general storyline is more complex. She won't have catchphrases like Allison, or big easy moments you can flash in a tiny cut in a bigger montage and she's not running around like Sara so...

Plus the spoiler factor is bigger considering the Delphine aspect. We saw her in the previous trailer/teaser and that's what she was talking about so obviously, it's a big part of her this season and they can't go into much.

I am so out of touch for not wanting to get spoiled that I didn't even know the show was moving into prime real estate time this season. It's kinda like when the Xfiles moved to Sundays. I am happy they will be reaching a bigger audience but I will miss the geeky Saturday spot.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"