Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2016, 09:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

X Company completely won me over this season. S2 is so much better than S1. And Evelyne is so good in next week's episode it's ridiculous.

But I want her back on OB. I'm hoping the show ends after S5, and I want her to finish it out. Cophine forever.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
Same here.

One would think EBro would not mind splitting her time between OB and XCo as OB certainly gives her much more exposure in the US. And they're two very different parts.
EBro may not have a lot of choice.

X Company films in what used to be Eastern Europe so that they can make use of terrain and towns that haven't changed in the last century so that a drama about people who did what they did less than a century ago can be produced for very little money.

I honor the choices that make that possible.

But filming in such conditions exacts a toll on the actors that sound stages don't, and if the actors need to de-stress, there's no easy place for them to get away from their "pretend reality" that I know of. There's no easy way for them to go and get a burger or just hang out with friends. They're as stuck, geographically, as their characters, with only the cast and crew and a bunch of extras who may or may not speak a language they share in common.

So do you really think that Ms. Brochu's favorite "what should I do as soon as I quit shooting this really deep, moving drama about what it means to be a part of a really ugly humanity, and doing so sometimes I'm covered in blankety blank because I've been filming for weeks in the woods?" question is, "well, why did Delphine have to die?"
Old 03-10-2016, 11:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

^ Yes. But there's no point explaining it to you, since you've always been of the position that she should be off OB. It's not an honest discussion. Don't be shocked when she's back though. Whatever the reasons.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosimasWeed (View Post)
^ Yes. But there's no point explaining it to you, since you've always been of the position that she should be off OB. It's not an honest discussion. Don't be shocked when she's back though. Whatever the reasons.
Have you been smoking something referenced in your screen name or otherwise?

Please tell me when I ever said that I thought she should be off OB.

Because a desire to have her gone would be news to me.

BTW, I didn't say this because I sincerely hoped that it didn't need to be said:

Translate "filming in Eastern Europe because it hasn't changed much" into "depressed economies don't build fancy new buildings that make it difficult to frame a shot."

Translate "depressed economies" into "when people are depressed/distressed, they often do and say ugly things," which is very much the theme of both X Company and Orphan Black.

My question to you is: do you want to live in "the civilized world" -- at least in your mind, where you and I can discuss difficult problems rationally, or do you just want to go ad hominum? Because if that's your preference....

Last edited by hopeless romantic; 03-10-2016 at 11:58 PM
Old 03-11-2016, 12:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Nope. Totally sober assessment, which I stand by. In any case, there are many reasons she likely wishes to remain on OB. Money, exposure, opportunity, love of cast and crew, creative challenges. Shaking off the woods, difficult subject matter, and multiple languages has little to do with it. She thrives on that stuff.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:23 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Nope. Totally sober assessment, which I stand by. In any case, there are many reasons she likely wishes to remain on OB. Money, exposure, opportunity, love of cast and crew, creative challenges. Shaking off the woods, difficult subject matter, and multiple languages has little to do with it. She thrives on that stuff.
So you know her personally?
Old 03-11-2016, 12:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeless romantic (View Post)
So you know her personally?
You'd be surprised who I know. But it's in interviews.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
You'd be surprised who I know. But it's in interviews.
So my question stands: do you want to go ad hominum (or, to some, mano a mano) or do you want to be part of a civilized world that backs up accusations without violating FF's rules?

If I might quote:

Quote:
Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully, but do not attack other posters. Please treat other members with the same respect and courtesy that you would want for yourself.
or do you prefer to live in an uncivilized world in which human beings only have meaning if they can win a brawl for public opinion based on the hopes and dreams the bruisers want to exploit?
Old 03-11-2016, 12:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

I stated my opinion. And pointed to interviews as support. Pretty civilized. The end.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I stated my opinion. And pointed to interviews as support. Pretty civilized. The end.
Ma Brave!

And yeah, I forgive you for attacking me in the first place.

Which is civilization at its finest (and the reason that Europe survived the second World War).
Old 03-11-2016, 05:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Let me end this discussion right here. That's enough. Move on.
S T A R D U S T
Old 03-11-2016, 11:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Seems like a good time for a new thread.

savannah · (c)
Old 03-11-2016, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Anyone got any title ideas?
Old 03-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

nope
S T A R D U S T
Old 03-11-2016, 11:51 PM
Master Fan

I always miss all the fun
I'll start and come up with something. we can always change it later on.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]