Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2016, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope it doesn't end like "the sea purple" for you guys.

Quote:
they are clearly bringing in maggie sawyer for alex. that's pretty much 100% guaranteed at this point.
I'm trying not to have high expectations but i'm getting so pumped for gay Alex Danvers.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
it won't. it's just gonna be a happier version of what happened with elisa & marcela in history. when the show ends, they'll probably move to paris or something (because one of celia's friends lived there and asked her to come, but she didn't want to at the time - and paris was like super gay back then, so). aurelia is to 6H what cophine is to OB. they're the main draw and tptb all know it (and love the fanbase). even the het fans complain that we get everything. and anyway, the writers really don't care too much about making a ~tragic~ (some might say "historically accurate ) gay storyline.
S T A R D U S T
Old 10-21-2016, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That's good then! I just couldn't help but instantly think of that movie when reading your posts... and I haven't trusted Spanish soaps since TDL, but that was a very different show in terms of tone.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

haha, yeah i understand. TdL ended awfully, wtf. but you're right, they are very different shows. 6H has some dark themes/storylines at times, but overall it's not trying to be "gritty".

the fans have been clamoring for an aurelia marriage for a while now, and since we've gotten p much everything else we've asked for (in one form or another), it was only a matter of time we'd get this too (or so we'd been hoping).
S T A R D U S T
Old 10-21-2016, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

TDL was gross. I'm glad I had already stopped watching then they killed cristina off.

Quote:
I'm trying not to have high expectations but i'm getting so pumped for gay Alex Danvers.
we'll know soon enough, bb. I'm 100% sure it is her. that tvline guy basically confirmed it on twitter, anyway. what I'm worried about is whether they are going to write this well or not. it would certainly be a first for the cw.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 10-21-2016, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by root (View Post)
what I'm worried about is whether they are going to write this well or not. it would certainly be a first for the cw.
Hopefully it is a first for them. Alex is too good to be ruined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
and she does! i can't wait to see her actually on set, in costume. it's gonna be so weird to see aurora with short hair and wearing suits, but my body is ready. i've never been gayer.
She's going to look SO good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Dare I ask? I've never seen it.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
She's going to look SO good!
I KNOW

Quote:
Dare I ask? I've never seen it.
i barely remember the plot, but it's based off a true story. it's set in like, italy in the 1800s. two girls are in love and people find out. they force one of the girls to pretend to be a man so that they could get married and ~spare their families from shame~ or whatever. i think one of them dies? idk. it's not really a happy story in the end.

Quote:
TDL was gross. I'm glad I had already stopped watching then they killed cristina off.
i only recently watched TdL so i knew cristina was gonna die. it was so stupid, but to the show's credit they killed off three of the show's main het male leads in that same season. it was still stupid.
S T A R D U S T
Old 10-23-2016, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know if any of you watch Black Mirror but I highly recommend one particular episode from the new series. From what I hear it's beautiful and I'll be watching it as soon as the person I watch it with gets their arse in gear.
Quote:
The final straw for me wasn't even when Isabel was forced to marry, but when Cristina slept with her husband. It made me want to rip my eyeballs from my face and I just knew the s/l was being treated like trash for trash's sake.

Quote:
we'll know soon enough, bb. I'm 100% sure it is her. that tvline guy basically confirmed it on twitter, anyway. what I'm worried about is whether they are going to write this well or not. it would certainly be a first for the cw.
It would indeed. I'm with you, however I'm willing to sit through a lot if there's good chemistry between Alex and Maggie.

Quote:
i barely remember the plot, but it's based off a true story. it's set in like, italy in the 1800s. two girls are in love and people find out. they force one of the girls to pretend to be a man so that they could get married and ~spare their families from shame~ or whatever. i think one of them dies? idk. it's not really a happy story in the end.
It's worse than that. Pretty sure the people who don't know it's two women start to suspect something is off when they don't have kids so they strike a deal with this guy who's been in lust with one of them since forever to father a child for them, but it was GROSS, and then she dies in childbirth I believe, and I can't remember if the other one gets to raise the child or if the child gets taken from her. So yeah not really happy is an understatement.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't watch Black Mirror but I watched that episode last night. It was super cute and sweet, and for extra fun has a happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
It's worse than that. Pretty sure the people who don't know it's two women start to suspect something is off when they don't have kids so they strike a deal with this guy who's been in lust with one of them since forever to father a child for them, but it was GROSS, and then she dies in childbirth I believe, and I can't remember if the other one gets to raise the child or if the child gets taken from her. So yeah not really happy is an understatement.
What even. I'm glad I haven't watched that one!
Old 10-23-2016, 04:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I don't know if any of you watch Black Mirror but
i have watched it from the since it started airing, and i ADORED that episode.

Quote:
The final straw for me wasn't even when Isabel was forced to marry, but when Cristina slept with her husband. It made me want to rip my eyeballs from my face and I just knew the s/l was being treated like trash for trash's sake.
i feel like in the writers' mind they thought it was "romantic" because then cristina and isabel could run off and me mother's together. of course that didn't happen and the whole thing was a total cluster****.

Quote:
ughhhhhh god i forgot about that. yeah there's no way 6H would do that. if anything, they hate kids. every kid in this show except 1 has died (even aurora's!).
S T A R D U S T
Old 10-23-2016, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

San Junipero was actually perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
I don't watch Black Mirror but I watched that episode last night. It was super cute and sweet, and for extra fun has a happy ending.
I feel like those who have watched BM from the start sort of understand how extra special this episode is though because BM just doesn't do happy life affirming episodes, it's not the purpose of the show. I can't believe Charlie Brooker had it in him to write this because he's like the most cynical, snarky guy in the UK, so all hats off to him, he's written the best episode of television I've seen in a long time, and unwittingly created a space where people can now headcanon their favourite dead lesbian characters as having gone, which I think for a lot of people in various fandoms is honestly therapeutic and I'm not surprised tumblr has blown up over it.

Quote:
i feel like in the writers' mind they thought it was "romantic" because then cristina and isabel could run off and me mother's together. of course that didn't happen and the whole thing was a total cluster****.
Lol well they got that wrong, nothing about S3 was romantic. ugh. horrendous.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Black Mirror
I watch the show but didn't care much for the pairing at all. they did nothing for me. it was still a solid episode, though.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 10-23-2016, 04:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I feel like those who have watched BM from the start sort of understand how extra special this episode is though because BM just doesn't do happy life affirming episodes, it's not the purpose of the show. I can't believe Charlie Brooker had it in him to write this because he's like the most cynical, snarky guy in the UK, so all hats off to him, he's written the best episode of television I've seen in a long time, and unwittingly created a space where people can now headcanon their favourite dead lesbian characters as having gone, which I think for a lot of people in various fandoms is honestly therapeutic and I'm not surprised tumblr has blown up over it.
exactly. there's a lot of people who have never watched another BM episode who think it's great, but if you've seen the whole show, i think you have an extra appreciation for it.

ymmv tho i guess. i was crying so hard when

Spoiler:

i was so worried there was gonna be a bittersweet ending and they weren't gonna end up together, but i'm so happy they decided they went with the alternative.

i think it meant so much to me because i was thinking about all the queer people in history who weren't allowed freedom/happiness/etc in real life and how this episode highlighted how important it is to have acceptance and safe spaces and everything. idk that sounded way more poetic in my head, but.
S T A R D U S T

Last edited by majesdane; 10-23-2016 at 04:45 PM
Old 10-23-2016, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
i think it meant so much to me because i was thinking about all the queer people in history who weren't allowed freedom/happiness/etc in real life and how this episode highlighted how important it is to have acceptance and safe spaces and everything. idk that sounded way more poetic in my head, but.
that's what I thought was special about it. I wish other shows would learn from it. it basically saved 2016 (although it's still the absolute worst)

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 10-23-2016, 05:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
that's what I thought was special about it. I wish other shows would learn from it. it basically saved 2016 (although it's still the absolute worst)
other shows definitely helped save 2016 for me, but IA it was important to see such a ~critical darling~ type show enjoyed by a diverse audience see something like this. SO MANY SHOWRUNNERS NEED TO LEARN FROM IT. it did so many things right.
S T A R D U S T