Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

 
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2017, 11:48 AM
  #61
Fan Forum Hero

 
Aurora Cormier's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 73,425
Quote:
i loved the books and the show had one of my favorite couples ever (which was not in the books). that's why i watched the show and enjoyed at least the 1st 3 seasons. because it was like the books & gave me emily/paige.
Oh, now I get it, it makes sense

Quote:
i liked degrassi (old school from 2001-2007) and south of nowhere. pll was maybe a step above that.
Wow, really?? I've never watched Degrassi and haven't heard of the other one, but now I'm scared of both
Aurora Cormier is offline  
Old 06-30-2017, 03:11 PM
  #62
Fan Forum Hero

 
majesdane's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 58,823
Quote:
Wow, really?? I've never watched Degrassi and haven't heard of the other one, but now I'm scared of both
degrassi is like skins. it was all first time actors for the most part, who were the ages of the characters. s1 was kids in 7th and 8th grade (so like, 13/14). it's one of those 30 minute episode kinda-teach-you-a-valuable-life-lesson shows, but it was good! (i haven't watched since s7 since my otp ended, idk how it's been since.) drake was in it!

here's like the only short clip i can find right now, so:



you've never heard of SoN?? it was like the first teen tv show in north america to be about a lesbian character. i can't find any good clips (of course ), but here was one of my fave episodes from S3:

__________________
Heaven is a place on earth.
#AureliaParaSiempre | C & A
arts page | tumblr
majesdane is offline  
Old 06-30-2017, 03:31 PM
  #63
Ultimate Fan

 
SRBleyton4ever's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 8,254
I think SoN was the first lesbian focused show I watched and late teens me loved it, but when I look back I'm just frustrated by a good 70% of it (the second half on s2 & the first few eps of s3 should be wiped from existence) and absolutely loathe Aiden but spashley were cute and a rare couple to have a happy ending so I take it

Continuing to watch Wynonna Earp because I like cheesy sci-fi stuff and 1) I get really agitated by peeps proclaiming it to be THE pinacle of lgbt tv and 2) people watching the show solely for the Wayhaught are gonna need a trip to the opticians because footagecannotbefound.gif

Like it annoys me sooooo much cause Katherine said she improvised carrying Dom in the build-up to the wayhaught sex scene, people are acting like she's a damn queen doing soooo much and the cast cares sooooo much and everyone else's faves is put to shame like seriously? This is done all the time pending on what the cast/directors are comfortable with. We're gonna start proclaiming queens for giving more to scenes than they have to, then Luz & Candela should be getting statues and the keys to bloody Spain for what they did with Aurelia. I just really need these people to be shown Lost Girl's existence and climb out of Emily's butt
__________________
Minnie-Moo - Mars Bar
Robot Boy|Captain Nemo|Casual Affair|Counting Stars|Greyhound|Bohemian Rhapsody
SRBleyton4ever is offline  
Old 06-30-2017, 03:54 PM
  #64
Fan Forum Hero

 
majesdane's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 58,823
Quote:
but when I look back I'm just frustrated by a good 70% of it
****ing aiden!!! the problem with s2 & s3 is they started adding too many characters. who gave a **** about ashley's stepsister or carmen?

Quote:
1) I get really agitated by peeps proclaiming it to be THE pinacle of lgbt tv and 2) people watching the show solely for the Wayhaught are gonna need a trip to the opticians because footagecannotbefound.gif
if i wasn't already put off by that show, my friend was telling me about the consent stuff .... like how one of possessed and all the fandom can say is "omgsohot!!"

Quote:
I just really need these people to be shown Lost Girl's existence and climb out of Emily's butt
told that same friend of mine to watch doccubus' storyline. she was like, "wayhaught who??? doccubus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wayhaught" (and she also hates tamsin)

Quote:
We're gonna start proclaiming queens for giving more to scenes than they have to, then Luz & Candela should be getting statues and the keys to bloody Spain for what they did with Aurelia.
especially since luz & candela still keep sailing the good ship aurelia even now. like how the other day candela confirmed that they're officially in san junipero now. it's the little things ...
__________________
Heaven is a place on earth.
#AureliaParaSiempre | C & A
arts page | tumblr
majesdane is offline  
Old 06-30-2017, 04:26 PM
  #65
Ultimate Fan

 
SRBleyton4ever's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 8,254
Quote:
if i wasn't already put off by that show, my friend was telling me about the consent stuff .... like how one of possessed and all the fandom can say is "omgsohot!!"
My #1 issue tbh. It's like people are ok with it just cause Emily gives an interview saying we can tell when the goo is and isn't controlling Waverly, so that scene is OBVIOUSLY all wayhaught. A person's having to give an interview proclaiming things are clear, it's really not clear at all and that scene makes me really uncomfortable.

Quote:
****ing aiden!!! the problem with s2 & s3 is they started adding too many characters. who gave a **** about ashley's stepsister or carmen?
The quadrangles were enough to give me a migraine, and it'll never not annoy me that Spencer never told Ashley that Carmen hit her

Quote:
(and she also hates tamsin)
I have never come across a person who DOES like Tamsin and I hate Lost Girl for how awful Tamsin was cause it made me hate Rachel Skarsten by default, and she's showed up in 2 shows I've watched as a fairly decent character & the whole way through I was just waiting for her to be revealed as shady I only ever watched the doccubus scenes of Lost Girl because nothing else in the show interested me in the slightest, so I can't say she was the worst thing to ever happen, but mighty close Oh and dem doccubus sex scenes were like next level stuff I look at them and just think TV is so tame now and if Cophine ever had sht like that I'm pretty sure we'd all die on the spot

Quote:
especially since luz & candela still keep sailing the good ship aurelia even now. like how the other day candela confirmed that they're officially in san junipero now. it's the little things ...
they're so awesome, I love them and how much they love aurelia and the fans, forever curse 6H for turning into the pos it did, and desperately need them in something else. Like Spain's acting pool is even smaller than the UK's, they can make this happen and I need them to
__________________
Minnie-Moo - Mars Bar
Robot Boy|Captain Nemo|Casual Affair|Counting Stars|Greyhound|Bohemian Rhapsody
SRBleyton4ever is offline  
Old 06-30-2017, 04:54 PM
  #66
Fan Forum Hero

 
Aurora Cormier's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 73,425
Quote:
My #1 issue tbh. It's like people are ok with it just cause Emily gives an interview saying we can tell when the goo is and isn't controlling Waverly, so that scene is OBVIOUSLY all wayhaught. A person's having to give an interview proclaiming things are clear, it's really not clear at all and that scene makes me really uncomfortable.
The goo??
Aurora Cormier is offline  
Old 06-30-2017, 05:03 PM
  #67
Master Fan

 
danvers's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 17,364
SON invented hair brushing. classic.
__________________
"we should kiss the girls that we want to kiss." -- maggie sawyer to alex danvers

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
danvers is offline  
Old 06-30-2017, 05:27 PM
  #68
Ultimate Fan

 
SRBleyton4ever's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 8,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
The goo??
In the s1 finale Waverley touched this black goo on the floor and it took possession of her. Show reconnect it slightly so no-one knows Wakerley touched it (in s1 finale she turns and faces Wynonna/Doc all black eyes and stuff) so now, we're just left with moments where she's all black eyes possessed and normal Waverly & she's just suffering memory loss/acting weird. Sometimes it's clear when the good is controlling her (black eyes) but sometimes it's not cause it's so quick, so having a sex scene really ain't a good look. Like when Waverly tries to kiss Nicole at the school, Nicole backs off cause it's public, and they've placed a great deal of emphasis on taking stuff slow cause it's all new to Waverly, so the first sex scene should've really been after she was dispossessed and you don't need an interview to confirm consent. I actually think calling it a sex scene is a bit of an insult cause it was like one kiss, bra shot and being carried to the bed.

Manu. I will never not laugh at that praying mantis sex scene (there words not mine) That network was so ridiculous
__________________
Minnie-Moo - Mars Bar
Robot Boy|Captain Nemo|Casual Affair|Counting Stars|Greyhound|Bohemian Rhapsody
SRBleyton4ever is offline  
Old 06-30-2017, 06:33 PM
  #69
Fan Forum Hero

 
majesdane's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 58,823
Quote:
The quadrangles were enough to give me a migraine, and it'll never not annoy me that Spencer never told Ashley that Carmen hit her
remember when ashley and carmen kissed?? like??? wtf????

Quote:
have never come across a person who DOES like Tamsin and I hate Lost Girl for how awful Tamsin was


Quote:
they're so awesome, I love them and how much they love aurelia and the fans, forever curse 6H for turning into the pos it did, and desperately need them in something else. Like Spain's acting pool is even smaller than the UK's, they can make this happen and I need them to
agreed 100% and i know luz and candela would literally pay other people just so they could play a couple again.

Quote:
SON invented hair brushing. classic.
__________________
Heaven is a place on earth.
#AureliaParaSiempre | C & A
arts page | tumblr
majesdane is offline  
Old 06-30-2017, 06:37 PM
  #70
Fan Forum Hero

 
Aurora Cormier's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 73,425
This black eyes thing you just described reminds me of Supernatural
Aurora Cormier is offline  
Old 06-30-2017, 09:08 PM
  #71
Master Fan

 
danvers's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 17,364
they just had the earp sisters kiss on WE
emily andras is one sick ****.
__________________
"we should kiss the girls that we want to kiss." -- maggie sawyer to alex danvers

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
danvers is offline  
Old 06-30-2017, 09:26 PM
  #72
Fan Forum Hero

 
Aurora Cormier's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 73,425
What??
Aurora Cormier is offline  
Old 06-30-2017, 09:30 PM
  #73
Master Fan

 
danvers's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 17,364
yep. one of them was possessed like we were discussing above so she possessed her sister by literally seducing her and kissing her. it was ****ing disgusting. can we please NOT?
__________________
"we should kiss the girls that we want to kiss." -- maggie sawyer to alex danvers

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
danvers is offline  
Old 06-30-2017, 09:38 PM
  #74
Fan Forum Hero

 
Aurora Cormier's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 73,425
Okay, this show gets worse every time I hear about it
Aurora Cormier is offline  
Old 07-01-2017, 12:19 AM
  #75
Fan Forum Legend

 
Less Than Perfect's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 296,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by danvers (View Post)
they just had the earp sisters kiss on WE
emily andras is one sick ****.
I was not pleased.
__________________
"I think I'm dying."
"No. No, you're not. I won't let you."
→ Holdentwittertumblr©
Less Than Perfect is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Tags
orphan black


Forum Affiliates
Michiel Huisman Fan, Captivating Tatiana Maslany
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:39 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.