Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2017, 05:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvers (View Post)
she didn't say anything about lesbophobia, she herself is one. she said two lesbians being together on tv is biphobic/transphobic because they don't like penises.

truth. and they also seem to prefer subtext to canon which is just... don't even get me started.
what. and ugh jfc i know.

the AS best/worst article is a freaking joke. soooo many people said lexa is one of the best. someone even said jenna marshall (on PLL) was one of the best!!! jenna freaking marshall. all of the queer characters on PLL and you don't even pick one of the main ones??? you pick the character who's only been off-screen queer and barely gets any screentime?? smdh.

i've been missing aurelia sfm. i've been making loads of gifsets.

and my fave episode, episode 248:

S T A R D U S T
Old 01-06-2017, 01:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
i've been making loads of gifsets.
Every time they come up on my Tumblr I spend 10 minutes basking in the beauty, followed by 15 minutes cursing those stupid douche bags into eternity & another 20 minutes trying to resist the urge to watch their scenes again on DM/My computer because i really do love to torture myself.

Quote:
and my fave episode, episode 248:
Same here, it's one of the first clips of them I watched properly & I go back to it every now & then cause it's so great. You give me angst, you give me accepting the relationship & you give me Aurora coming at the end & I'm just like Their early episodes are the best

Quote:
the AS best/worst article is a freaking joke. soooo many people said lexa is one of the best. someone even said jenna marshall (on PLL) was one of the best!!! jenna freaking marshall. all of the queer characters on PLL and you don't even pick one of the main ones??? you pick the character who's only been off-screen queer and barely gets any screentime?? smdh.
Any article that reminds me Faking It existed is immediately irrelevant. Lexa wank wipes off another 10 pts (sorry I do like you but I cannot deal with how extra people are and ignoring Lincoln's shtty treatment! You know an actual REGULAR in the process) reminding me PLL still exists is another 5pts & hating on Maggie Sawyer for no other reason than the ACTRESS being Italian gets you another 10 pts wiped off & correctly pointing out Piper Chapman is the worst gets you a bonus 2 pts.

Quote:
Right. I asked because SRBleyton4ever said that the The 100 fans thought pointing out Clarke's bisexuality was lesbophobic, I thought it was this writer who might've said it.
Sorry should've made that clearer. Whilst that writer may be guilty of many crimes against logic/brain cells, only rabid shippers I unfortunately brush past on Tumblr are guilty of this crime
Old 01-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Every time they come up on my Tumblr I spend 10 minutes basking in the beauty, followed by 15 minutes cursing those stupid douche bags into eternity & another 20 minutes trying to resist the urge to watch their scenes again on DM/My computer because i really do love to torture myself.
i re-watch aurelia scenes all the time. it makes me feel good because i'm living in comfortable denial. i go through periods of getting super pissed and/or sad all over again, but not when i'm watching their scenes. because they were perfect.

Quote:
Same here, it's one of the first clips of them I watched properly & I go back to it every now & then cause it's so great. You give me angst, you give me accepting the relationship & you give me Aurora coming at the end & I'm just like Their early episodes are the best
episodes 101 - 120 are just pure perfect quality for aurelia, but they did have sooooo many good scenes that came after that. even in the midst of some of the most idiotic plotlines, they still had some really outstanding scenes. they had more amazing scenes than any other couple i've ever shipped.
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
i re-watch aurelia scenes all the time. it makes me feel good because i'm living in comfortable denial. i go through periods of getting super pissed and/or sad all over again, but not when i'm watching their scenes. because they were perfect.

Quote:
episodes 101 - 120 are just pure perfect quality for aurelia, but they did have sooooo many good scenes that came after that. even in the midst of some of the most idiotic plotlines, they still had some really outstanding scenes. they had more amazing scenes than any other couple i've ever shipped.
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-06-2017, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sorry should've made that clearer. Whilst that writer may be guilty of many crimes against logic/brain cells, only rabid shippers I unfortunately brush past on Tumblr are guilty of this crime
Ah, okay, I got it now, hehe

Where did she mention transphobia/penises, though? I couldn't find that part Manu pointed out, was it when she said it was "queer erasure"? I always get confused with the word "queer" because I've seen it used to describe lgbt in general on tumblr and stuff, but then on feminist discussions, whenever there are radical feminists involved they always use the word queer as something negative
Old 01-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ah, okay, I got it now, hehe

Where did she mention transphobia/penises, though? I couldn't find that part Manu pointed out, was it when she said it was "queer erasure"? I always get confused with the word "queer" because I've seen it used to describe lgbt in general on tumblr and stuff, but then on feminist discussions, whenever there are radical feminists involved they always use the word queer as something negative
Old 01-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Where did she mention transphobia/penises, though?
that was on her twitter, when she tried to argue with... pretty much everyone who thought that article was offensive.

yeah, queer is more of an umbrella term used by the community to embrace everyone. she assumed maggie was a gold star lesbian (has never been with a man) on supergirl and [wrongly] stated that the reason why she first rejected alex (who up until that point had never been with a woman) was because she is biphobic. I *think* that is all on her "article". then, on her twitter, she said that the "gold star lesbian narrative" is biphobic/transphobic because it excludes queer women who like penises. I mean, she was trying to be this big social justice warrior but all she did was show how much of a lesbophobe she is, which, sadly, is a big thing in the community as well.

BTW I just checked her twitter and she deleted every single interaction she had regarding that article. shocking

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]

Last edited by danvers; 01-06-2017 at 10:38 PM
Old 01-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
BTW I just checked her twitter and she deleted every single interaction she had regarding that article. shocking
wow, bet no one saw THAT coming.
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-07-2017, 02:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I still haven't caught up on 6H. I'm not over Adela's death and coming back after that is making it hard.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
I still haven't caught up on 6H. I'm not over Adela's death and coming back after that is making it hard.
tbh it's not even worth it. the good aurelia scenes we got after that episode i've already posted over here. the rest of the show went really, REALLY downhill. and not just with aurelia, but with blanca and diana ....

"Aurora saved you?"
"Yes."

x

^ that was my favorite quote about their relationship. i loved how celia always talked so much about how aurora saved her. she said it many, many times. because it was so true. celia wanted to die, she thought she was all alone, she saw that no one cared or tried to understand her .... and then aurora came into her life.
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-07-2017, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
a gold star lesbian (has never been with a man)
Ohhhh ok, that part IS in the article, but I had no idea "gold star lesbian" meant that!
Old 01-08-2017, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
tbh it's not even worth it. the good aurelia scenes we got after that episode i've already posted over here. the rest of the show went really, REALLY downhill. and not just with aurelia, but with blanca and diana ....
I've still got the tab open from the last episode I watched, so I will get around to it eventually. I'm sad that it also went downhill for Diana and Blanca, but I feel like just watching their scenes isn't closure enough for me.

I will probably regret watching the rest of it when it happens though.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
I've still got the tab open from the last episode I watched, so I will get around to it eventually. I'm sad that it also went downhill for Diana and Blanca, but I feel like just watching their scenes isn't closure enough for me.

I will probably regret watching the rest of it when it happens though.
you will. trust me. you will.

i just binged netflix's "one day at a time" remake and it was so hilarious and cute.

the daughter, elena, has a nice coming out storyline.

x

and the show discusses a lot of different topics. it was enjoyable.

plus i enjoyed it because the lead actress, the mom, penelope, played brenda on queen of the south. it's funny because other QotS actor shows up near the end, too.
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-09-2017, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Just watched the trailer and it looks super good! Even without a coming out storyline I'd be into that show. Adding it to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
you will. trust me. you will.
I'll be sure to complain once I get to that point.

Crying though, cause my favourite character on The Librarians was totally queer for most of this episode and nearly traded in her mortality to be a vampire (and escape a brain tumour) and be lovers with her. And just when I didn't think it could get any gayer THEY KISSED!

x

I'M DEAD! They have been hinting at Cassandra being into ladies since season one (She preens whenever a female they save thanks her; she didn't mind all the ladies buying her drinks when she was "prince charming;" when their guardian went to the future the other two librarians had romantic and motherly relationships with the guardian, but Cassandra was just giving the guardian the eyes) and now it's legit.

The character she kissed is probably not going to come back for a while, if ever, but holy crap I'm just excited that Cassandra is queer! I headcanon that she's bisexual cause well, she also asked out the immortal knight the same episode, but I'm just happy to know she's actually into the ladies.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
and nearly traded in her mortality to be a vampire (and escape a brain tumour) and be lovers with her.
carmilla-esque. love it.

it's always cool when a chatterer you've been thinking/hoping is queer turns out to be queer.
S T A R D U S T