Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-20-2017, 11:23 PM
New Fan

Kira's powers

Hi! I'm new here I've watched Orphan black from start to finish absolutely loved the series and really enjoyed this last season especially the finale. I'm just a bit confused about one thing. This almost psychic ability Kira has, what is it? Why is it never explained or explored to me it seemed as the only little bit of plot that I didn't understand. It's very much so possible there was a subtle explanation that I didn't pick up on or perhaps the idea was it was never meant to be explained by science because it simply couldn't be. But it just felt to me they created a little idea with it that they toyed with over the seasons but then kind of used and then let die in the last.

I hope everyone else enjoyed the show! I know I did. Any answer anyone has is appreciated!

Obviously as I'm brand new I haven't seen all the posts if this thread has been created and answered before I'm really sorry! But could someone link me to the thread and I'll read through it there.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi there! Yeah, this was probably one of the least successful aspects of the show, in my opinion. My guess is that the whole "Kira's powers" thing was meant to show that not everything can be explained by science (current science, anyway) and that there are aspects of humanity that are unknowable. I always found it annoying, though, and then in the last season it was inexplicable to me that they spent so much time in the first half of the season building up this storyline (remember when Kira was going to help Sarah learn about her "feelings" in exchange for Sarah telling her about their plans??) and then just totally dropped in the last half of the season. Ultimately I just chock it up to a rare misfire in a show that overall I loved.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kira is just a sensitive kid, that was all. I don't know why they decided to make a big drama out of it this season, but it certainly didn't work at all and even they weren't interested in it and gave up eventually