Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2016, 06:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

I've been surprised that everybody seems to hate the move to Thursday. I always thought that Saturday was a terrible night for a show to air (because people go out) and that Thursday would be much better. But the move does seem to have hurt ratings. I guess 10pm is late--I'd have preferred 9. And maybe there's more competition (I wouldn't know; the only other show I watch live was on Sunday, and is over now anyway). I'd bet Delphine's absence is a real part of the ratings problem though.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Saturday was terrible for me too, precisely because of going out
Old 06-16-2016, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
I've been surprised that everybody seems to hate the move to Thursday. I always thought that Saturday was a terrible night for a show to air (because people go out) and that Thursday would be much better. But the move does seem to have hurt ratings. I guess 10pm is late--I'd have preferred 9. And maybe there's more competition (I wouldn't know; the only other show I watch live was on Sunday, and is over now anyway). I'd bet Delphine's absence is a real part of the ratings problem though.
Even if I lived in the US/Canada I wouldn't watch it live. 10PM is almost bedtime for me so I'm not going to watch anything more than 30mins long, and certainly not anything I'd want to talk and watch more of later.

Thursday is probably the toughest night of tv I think. So much is on that you probably can't watch more than 2-3 tv shows that night because everything would be on at the same time.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
The time difference has always been inconvenient for me. The pitfalls of being European.
Indeed, I usually watch it at 6 on a Friday morning. Staying up to watch live at 2 or 3 is pushing it a bit.

10PM is too early to be going to bed, as I seem to survive on about 6 hours sleep I'd be getting up at 4AM!!
Old 06-16-2016, 05:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
saturday was bad, but at least i didn't have to get up at the asscrack of dawn the next day for work, like i do with thursday. also, thursday nights have crazy competition, it was always gonna play a factor in hurting ob's viewing numbers.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-16-2016, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOT (View Post)
Indeed, I usually watch it at 6 on a Friday morning. Staying up to watch live at 2 or 3 is pushing it a bit.

10PM is too early to be going to bed, as I seem to survive on about 6 hours sleep I'd be getting up at 4AM!!
6am? Still to early for me.

I mostly watch it on Friday evenings now and occasionally spoil myself on tumblr beforehand because patience is not a virtue I possess .
Old 06-17-2016, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I watch it on Friday's after work now, but it means not touching tumblr, instagram or twitter during my lunch break or I'll get spoiled. Saturday nights were good for me cause it was like midday on Sunday. So it worked out nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOT (View Post)

6AM is crazy talk! I'm not even awake then. I need at least 7hrs sleep or I'm literally in pain the next day. My body does not function on little sleep or sleeping late.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Damn, sorry DP.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
78. Orphan Black (1245 | 41.50)
Excellent job, everyone!!!
Old 07-11-2016, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

that's actually good

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 07-13-2016, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Nice work everyone!
Old 07-19-2016, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wonderful rank!
Old 07-19-2016, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

we have to try and keep it steady

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 07-20-2016, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think we do pretty well considering we're such a small board.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's how a lot of boards are nowadays. Forums are not as popular as they once were. But we still bring in lots of traffic on daily, which is great! And as I've said before, if we didn't have so many boards, I'd visit some more often.