Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2017, 08:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesdane (View Post)
same.

s2 is actually my second favorite, but tbf i've literally never re-watched it (or any season other than s1, for that matter). s3 to me was the absolute worst.
For me I think s1 was the best, followed by s4, s2, s5, and s3, in that order (although I suppose if the last two episodes totally blow me away s5 could move up the list). But I've enjoyed all 5 seasons and think that even at its worst (for me, s3), Orphan Black is a good, thought-provoking show, and much more interesting than most other things on television.

I'm a little sad that so many people seem to be turned off by the show in this final season. Even though s5 isn't (so far) near the top of my list, I think there's been some good stuff in it, and I'm also sympathetic to the writers' plight--we all have our favorite characters and aspects of the show that we really want this last season to deliver on, and in ten episodes they just can't do everything.

They had a lot of plot they needed to resolve this year, finally revealing Westmorland and the true nature of Neolution and the real reasons behind the cloning program. But I think most fans weren't as interested in the plot revelations (or the action on the island) and were more focused on wanting meaningful resolutions for their favorite characters and dynamics. Problem is, that's different for each of us! Personally I wanted good development and resolution of Cosima and Delphine's relationship, satisfying wrap-up to the science aspects of the story, and all 4 main sestras united and working together. So far I've been least satisfied with the last of these three things, but hoping the final two eps deliver. I'm pretty happy with the science stuff so far and somewhat with Cos/Delphine, but I wanted more of them.

However--plenty of people complain that there's been too much Cosima and not enough of Helena or Alison or (horrors!) Donnie. Or that they wanted Tony to come back or Cal. Etc. There just wasn't time to satisfy everyone, and I think in trying to do as much as possible in this last season they just stretched everything too thin.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)

They had a lot of plot they needed to resolve this year, finally revealing Westmorland and the true nature of Neolution and the real reasons behind the cloning program. But I think most fans weren't as interested in the plot revelations (or the action on the island) and were more focused on wanting meaningful resolutions for their favorite characters and dynamics.
I wonder if OB could have made this more interesting by showing us all the resolutions of PT, Susan and Coady in a single, standalone, flashback to London in the 60s, episode, rather than have them talk about it in a kinda dull way if you're not paying attention. Then maybe they could have dedicated more of the season to the actual clones.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
There just wasn't time to satisfy everyone, and I think in trying to do as much as possible in this last season they just stretched everything too thin.
well, they haven't succeeded and that's the tea.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 08-09-2017, 03:54 AM
Loyal Fan

On second watching a better episode than previously stated.

Like Twisty my second favourite is season 2, I liked the pacing, though didn't care too much for the Proles. Season 3 the worst as much much of the story didn't really interest me. 4 and 5 are pretty much of a muchness at the moment. S1 is definitely the stand out season.