Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2015, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Khaleesi~ (View Post)
I KNOW, right Honestly, I think she already knew, though, that was just the push she needed to stop being so stupid and talk to Delphine. She says she didn't tell her before because she knew Delphine didn't believe stuff like that, so yeah, I believe that near-death experience was on her mind often and she had wanted to talk about it for a long time. She probably would've as soon as Delphine got back (she was so happy to see her on 3x01) but then the break up and everything...
Totally agree with this. Cosima knew at the back of her mind but she needed a bit of validation so she didn't think she was just crazy for believing it.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Exactly It's so sad cause in the vision she hears Delphine saying she'd never leave her, and then it was exactly what she did when they met again. So, yeah, I can imagine how much that must've hurt Cosima and I understand why she struggled with that experience, what it meant, and why it took so long for her to open up about it.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
You really shouldn't encourage me!
Yes, I should encourage you!!!!

That's a brilliant theory, and I love the fact that you're touching on a lot of angles that work for me both on an emotional basis as well as on a "this is what we know about how the show-runners think" basis....

Regardless, given the fact that I knew quite well about human chimeras and still never saw the plot twist of Leda's and Castor's "original" being the same person (despite the fact that I'm also fully versed in Greek mythology -- enough to know about Hermaphroditus, who was another "ambiguous sexual character" in Greek mythology, just as Chimeras were/are), I still think that they may just manage to put a twist on a twist, which is the fun part of trying to 2nd guess them....
Old 07-07-2015, 06:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1013x (View Post)
I guess you are never going to work for a lesbian/bi online publication then since they are eating this **** up. I think its all ****** dory. I am sure GM and JF will be getting pats on the back for doing this.
Damn! Another career ambition shattered! But seriously I don't understand why these publications aren't insulted by the idea that women are completely interchangeable. Soulmate dead? No worries, here comes another blonde!

ETA: you're right, the chimera thing was a cool twist. Orphan Black at its best, really, moving the plot forward while also bringing in a neat science thing and a relevant Greek mythology connection. I hope you're right that there might be a comparably great twist ahead for the whole Shay/Cosima/Delphine mess. That part of Season 3 seems to me to be so horribly written and emotionally tone deaf--just not up to OB standards--I would love it if there's a payoff in the next season that makes it all make sense (emotionally as well as logically).

Last edited by BrooklynFan; 07-07-2015 at 06:17 PM
Old 07-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Damn! Another career ambition shattered! But seriously I don't understand why these publications aren't insulted by the idea that women are completely interchangeable. Soulmate dead? No worries, here comes another blond!
If a show like OB (and that's an anacronym for the Obstetrics/Gynecology that I can actually like!!!!) can get straight women on board with chimeras/hermaphrodites/whatever sexual orientation you have, please don't fight us.

Quote:
the chimera thing was a cool twist. Orphan Black at its best, really, moving the plot forward while also bringing in a neat science thing and a relevant Greek mythology connection. I hope you're right that there might be a comparably great twist ahead for the whole Shay/Cosima/Delphine mess. That part of Season 3 seems to me to be so horribly written and emotionally tone deaf--just not up to OB standards--I would love it if there's a payoff in the next season that makes it all make sense (emotionally as well as logically).
People who write at the level of not only understanding of the truths and the mythos of Greek fables and modern science that defies my predictions of "how can this storyline end" kinda, sorta, AMAZE me....

Last edited by hopeless romantic; 07-07-2015 at 07:01 PM
Old 07-07-2015, 11:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Well she has a shower too. She goes into that little bathroom and runs the shower when Delphine is talking to Cosima about pissing in a cup for her. So we know she has a bathroom, so that very odd placement of the bath tub is a mind bender.
Sorry about that. I wanted to say why does she have a bathtub and a shower in such a small space. I should really re-read myself before posting.
If they needed the bathtub for Cosima and Delphine in Shay's apartment, couldn't they have put it in her bathroom? Is it so weird and it's the only interesting thing about Shay .

Quote:
But seriously I don't understand why these publications aren't insulted by the idea that women are completely interchangeable. Soulmate dead? No worries, here comes another blonde!
I don't understand it either. I mean those websites claim that they *care* about representation but all they do is swoon over Swan Queen and R&I. They need to grow up because those ships are NEVER going to be canon.
Plus, they were able to interview Solo for Orphan Black - I didn't read the interview but I am sure the interview was just as interesting as her character. But they didn't even bother to do one with Evelyne Brochu about Delphine alleged death. Okay...
Old 07-08-2015, 04:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiKolla (View Post)
Is it so weird and it's the only interesting thing about Shay .
That and the ampersand in her window.

Quote:
I don't understand it either. I mean those websites claim that they *care* about representation but all they do is swoon over Swan Queen and R&I. They need to grow up because those ships are NEVER going to be canon.
Plus, they were able to interview Solo for Orphan Black - I didn't read the interview but I am sure the interview was just as interesting as her character. But they didn't even bother to do one with Evelyne Brochu about Delphine alleged death. Okay...
I remember back before season 2 started TMas was at some press thing. A writer from AE, that I did not recognize, wrote up an article about it. One of the questions the writer or someone with her asked TMas was something like "Is someone else going to catch Cosima's eye while shes working at Dyad?". The same people who claim any representation is good are the same people who didn't care for Delphine to begin with. TMas's answer was along the lines of "Well thats an interesting question, but I think Cosima is going to be focused on her health."
Old 07-08-2015, 04:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I remember back before season 2 started TMas was at some press thing. A writer from AE, that I did not recognize, wrote up an article about it. One of the questions the writer or someone with her asked TMas was something like "Is someone else going to catch Cosima's eye while shes working at Dyad?". The same people who claim any representation is good are the same people who didn't care for Delphine to begin with. TMas's answer was along the lines of "Well thats an interesting question, but I think Cosima is going to be focused on her health."
Wasn't it at GLAAD? I think someone on this forum even said that TMas must have rolled her eyes at the question because why would Cosima need someone else. Delphine is already perfect for her.
AE was never a fan of Delphine. Just a bunch of dumbasses.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 07-09-2015, 11:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Khaleesi~ (View Post)

She should definitely have seen a doctor but apparently, on Orphan Black you can bleed out and be okay afterwards. I guess it's a good sign for Delphine, no?
Old 07-10-2015, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I still don't know how Cosima bleeding in the bath wasn't a real concern for Cosima or Shay. You'd think that her being sick would mean that bleeding was even more of a concern, but guess not.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I still don't know how Cosima bleeding in the bath wasn't a real concern for Cosima or Shay. You'd think that her being sick would mean that bleeding was even more of a concern, but guess not.
Also why did they include that scene if they weren't planning on adressing the matter in the following episode?
Old 07-10-2015, 06:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiKolla (View Post)
Also why did they include that scene if they weren't planning on adressing the matter in the following episode?
I guess as a way to have Shay and Cosima bond. Even with the blood it fails in comparison to when Cosima told Delphine she was sick.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1013x (View Post)
I guess as a way to have Shay and Cosima bond. Even with the blood it fails in comparison to when Cosima told Delphine she was sick.
Bonding over blood coming out of her magical vagina . I guess it means no more sex for you, Shay. They really need to hire a medical consultant.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Sometime in the last week or so somebody posted about how some think that the Cosima/Delphine relationship being unhealthy. I'm sorry is the Cosima/the one who shall not be named one any better. Me think not cos since hooking up with that lovely lady she has neglected her health, neglected her sisters, done bad science, become evasive and to a degree deceitful. And that's supposed to be a healthy relationship? Feel free to add to that list.

I realise it might not have been posted on this thread, but there's talk about "towsnbn"

Quote:
fails in comparison to when Cosima told Delphine she was sick.
Everything fails in comparison to them 2, I saw nothing between Cos and you know who that came close, but that could because I was watching through my fingers so maybe I missed something.

Quote:
on Orphan Black you can bleed out and be okay afterwards.
It's that magic towel, it would about as effective as everything else she espouses!