Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2017, 07:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Cophine is the biggest and basically only failing of the series and it's a shame Cosima couldn't get with Shay.
respectfully, no.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-15-2017, 07:33 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
respectfully, no.
Delphine was meant to die from her gunshot wound in the Season 3 finale.

Delphine gave Shay that card and told her to ask Cosima about everything.

Unfortunately Shay's actress became unavailable for Season 4 onwards.

So they brought Delphine back to life to salvage Cosima's lack of endgame partner.

Meanwhile Cosima went on to have her most interesting story in Season 4, without the weight of Delphine angst on her.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm unsticking this since it's almost new episode time, but feel free to keep posting your thoughts on 5x01 here
Old 06-16-2017, 03:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Delphine was meant to die from her gunshot wound in the Season 3 finale.
please show proof to back up your claim.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-16-2017, 10:06 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
please show proof to back up your claim.
*wonders where proof for Helena claim was*
Old 06-16-2017, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

All of the Helena related posts in this thread said "I feel/think" and "in my opinion", which makes them all personal statements, not facts. No proof needed there. Other people feel differently about Helena's journey and that's perfectly fine

Since your post said Delphine was meant to die, it sort of implied that there was a plan for that to happen, and we've known for a long time that it wasn't the case, based on GM, JF and EBro's own words in their interviews and panels. That's been discussed in the News Thread and on the Evelyne thread as well. It's okay not to know that, though, not all of us have the time to keep up with every new thing that comes up about the show and the cast. And it's alright if you don't like Delphine or didn't want her back, we don't all have the same favorites. Welcome to the board, and hopefully, there'll be things we can enjoy together this season
Old 06-16-2017, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You know I think it's obvious Delphine shooting was left ambiguous. They didn't film it as clear cut as Paul's exit, there's no denying that she didn't get exit interviews or anything, but they also gave themselves an out if Evelyne couldn't have made her schedule work for future seasons.

Evelyne said herself when she filmed 3x10 Graeme "winked" at her and heavily hinted that Delphine's part in this story wasn't over but they still covered themselves in case she couldn't come back, so you know it is what it is. I do believe the plan was always to keep Cophine on as a thing, and that plan didn't go as smoothly perhaps, but it was always the plan.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
You know I think it's obvious Delphine shooting was left ambiguous. They didn't film it as clear cut as Paul's exit, there's no denying that she didn't get exit interviews or anything, but they also gave themselves an out if Evelyne couldn't have made her schedule work for future seasons.

Evelyne said herself when she filmed 3x10 Graeme "winked" at her and heavily hinted that Delphine's part in this story wasn't over but they still covered themselves in case she couldn't come back, so you know it is what it is. I do believe the plan was always to keep Cophine on as a thing, and that plan didn't go as smoothly perhaps, but it was always the plan.
exactly how i feel.
S T A R D U S T