Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2016, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This whole episode was SO good!

More later once I've watched it again cause right now I'm just in a little Cosima&Delphine bubble.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the episode. LOVED the Cophine.

Loved the Sarah/Mrs S hug. I needed to see them fully reconciled and we got it.

Helena, Donnie and Alison once again proved how irrelevant they are to the main plot, so I've no complaints with their minimal screentime. Helena is still pregnant so I have a feeling she's going to have her babies offscreen between S4&5 because there's no way she can spend the final season sat on the side lines like she was this year.

I was disappointed we didn't see Veera again or Dizzy... I felt like there was going to be more with them this season, more about Dizzy and his friend with the bot, but apparently not.

Cho died and while I get that OB likes to deal with a new villain every season, I was disappointed. They should have just let her be ruined, that would have been a more fitting punishing end for her character - with the possibility of a S5 return because well it would make a change from OB changing it's wider cast every. single. year.

And there's now a Victorian on this show. omgosh. I LOVE THAT. They've gone full on scifi. I did wonder if Westmorland was going to be someone we'd seen before and there'd be a shocking reveal at the end, but alas no, it's an unknown.

Did Susan die? I assume she's shortly going to bleeding out in that chair? I also found the murderous Rachel bit to be a bit too much hammer horror than horror. And the visions in her eye? I wanted to know more about that. It seemed that the shot of the Swan head triggered her into her attack, so was it Rachel flat out losing it? Or was it Rachel being somehow brainwashed into doing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
+ i love krystal. she can stay forever.
Same here. I was disappointed that she didn't believe the clone conspiracy though and that Felix and Co were being patronising towards her, which was unnecessary. Krystal deserves to be treated better than that.

Quote:
+ duko shooting delphine was so lmao, it was obvs supposed to be shay and they had to change it because ksenia couldn't film.
That was the biggest load of BS. How was the "who shot her?" cliffhanger in any way more of a relevant question than "is Delphine alive? Where is she?" I have no idea what the Delphine shooting was originally meant to be, but it wasn't what we saw in this episode.
Quote:
+ rachel will definitely die in S5, tho.
You know I was warming up to Rachel this entire season, but nope, now she deserves everything she gets.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love that Helena now works with them. It's so different from when she first came into the show. Aw Alison called Helena a "sweet little thing"

Rachel is starting to do my head in now I wish she'd just stay dead.

I also love that Cosima and Delphine were finally reunited
Old 06-17-2016, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I really loved this episode. Season four has been so much better than I expected! I overall really liked season three, but season four is definitely the best the show has been since season one.

I did not miss Helena, Donnie and Alison at all! Alison wasn't even in this episode (Unless my copy is missing something) and I barely blinked at it. It actually sounded a little weird when Sarah mentioned needing to tell Helena and Alison.

Krystal was amazing as always. I love how she continually blew off Sarah telling her they were clones. I'm kind of bummed that Krystal isn't going to be in clone club because she doesn't believe them, but I loved her meeting of Sarah so much that I can almost live with it. Maybe if she saw Cosima she'd have a different reaction?

I've spent so much of this season being interested and actually missing Rachel, that I didn't hate her return to villainy. I hope some of the connections she made this season don't completely fall to the wayside (She was adorable with Charlotte), but power is what Rachel has always wanted and been about so I'm not surprised. I really loved how she controlled the room and demanded respect in her board meeting. I hated her for what she did, but was also really impressed by her power. I really did not need to see Rachel with Ferdinand though. I really, really loved Rachel's confrontation with Susan. "For all the joy and insight your sister's have given me, for every Sarah, every Cosima, I regret making you." Daaaamn. In Susan's mind literally every clone is better than Rachel. Cosima is really what she wanted in a child. That smile on Susan's face when Cosima hugged her was really sweet.

Also Rachel's fight with Sarah was amazing. I felt bad that Sarah got stabbed and her hand broken and she's now on the stranded on the beach, but that fight was great. I'm impressed by how far they've come with the technology and editing since season one. It was almost flawless.

I really liked how everything Sarah did this episode was for Cosima, for the cure or for Delphine. "If I don't fix this it's my curse to watch my sister's die," really broke me. It was also really nice to see Sarah and Mrs S acting like normal around each other. Sarah calling S "mum" will never stop being so lovely.

I loved Cosima calling Sarah and Mrs S as soon as she knew they'd found a cure. It was great seeing them all so excited about it! Mrs S acting like a motherly figure to Cosima this season has been so nice. I also looooved the Cosima/Charlotte moments! They really are too cute, but man Charlotte was ruthless! "Cosima, get up. We need to get to the boat." Charlotte, sweetie give her a minute. She's just finished coughing up some of her lungs. I love that she came to Cosima's rescue. She's a little powerhouse that one. I think I prefer her to Kira actually. I'm SO glad Cosima thought to grab some of the cells of the cure before she left! One for her, one for Charlotte and the other to replicate it I hope!

The Cosima and Delphine reunion was EVERYTHING. It will keep me going all hiatus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
+ duko shooting delphine was so lmao, it was obvs supposed to be shay and they had to change it because ksenia couldn't film.
I totally don't even care that it was obviously Shay and they couldn't do it. I'm glad I don't have to see her again cause you just know that if Shay had shot her then they would've delved in further on Shay's background, which I really don't care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Cho died and while I get that OB likes to deal with a new villain every season, I was disappointed. They should have just let her be ruined, that would have been a more fitting punishing end for her character
I would've preferred it if Rachel had been the one to deliver Evie to her death. She already ruined her professionally but now that Rachel is full on crazy killing someone shouldn't have been hard for her.

Quote:
Did Susan die? I assume she's shortly going to bleeding out in that chair?
I got the impression that Rachel was going to let Susan live, but only to have her sit in that room and suffer as she did to Rachel. Plus, having to sit there and watch Rachel get everything Susan wanted would be more satisfying to Rachel than letting her mother die.

Quote:
I also found the murderous Rachel bit to be a bit too much hammer horror than horror. And the visions in her eye? I wanted to know more about that. It seemed that the shot of the Swan head triggered her into her attack, so was it Rachel flat out losing it? Or was it Rachel being somehow brainwashed into doing it?
I'm curious about the eye because Rachel never really seemed to care about Neolution before. It was all about the power for her. But during that scene with Ferdinand it really did seem like Rachel was Team Neo.

Last edited by Less Than Perfect; 06-17-2016 at 04:49 AM
Old 06-17-2016, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They really are too cute, but man Charlotte was ruthless! "Cosima, get up. We need to get to the boat." Charlotte, sweetie give her a minute. She's just finished coughing up some of her lungs.
LOL but for all they knew Rachel was coming after them with a knife. They needed to get away fast.

Quote:
I got the impression that Rachel was going to let Susan live, but only to have her sit in that room and suffer as she did to Rachel. Plus, having to sit there and watch Rachel get everything Susan wanted would be more satisfying to Rachel than letting her mother die.
True, but that wasn't exactly a flesh wound, Susan's blood was everywhere. Without medical treatment, if she is just left there I doubt Susan will live long. I do want Susan back though I've enjoyed her character (sans the Ari thing) a lot this year. She's way more interesting to me than Ethan ever was.

Quote:
I'm curious about the eye because Rachel never really seemed to care about Neolution before. It was all about the power for her. But during that scene with Ferdinand it really did seem like Rachel was Team Neo.
Yep. It certainly seems like a turn around for Rachel, and Ferdinand is whipped enough that even he'd comply to Neolution for her. That eye has a lot to answer for, and it is confusing. Last week OB implied Delphine was sending the images, but I find that hard to believe now, unless Westmoreland was making Delphine send them?
Old 06-17-2016, 09:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Cho died and while I get that OB likes to deal with a new villain every season, I was disappointed. They should have just let her be ruined, that would have been a more fitting punishing end for her character - with the possibility of a S5 return because well it would make a change from OB changing it's wider cast every. single. year.
Yeah, I'm disappointed with them killing off yet another POC.

Quote:
Same here. I was disappointed that she didn't believe the clone conspiracy though and that Felix and Co were being patronising towards her, which was unnecessary. Krystal deserves to be treated better than that.
I thought most of them treated her alright, but Felix was awful, affirming whatever conspiracy theory came out of Krystal's mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Rachel is starting to do my head in now I wish she'd just stay dead.
Yeah, they keeping doing this "Maybe she's redeeming herself, LOL JK" thing and it's gotten old. (But tbh, I think Sarah dying here would've been better than Rachel dying here.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
I really did not need to see Rachel with Ferdinand though.
The AV Club said something about how it's annoying when the show uses kinky sex to prove characters' villainy and I can't unsee it.

Quote:
I also looooved the Cosima/Charlotte moments! They really are too cute, but man Charlotte was ruthless! "Cosima, get up. We need to get to the boat." Charlotte, sweetie give her a minute. She's just finished coughing up some of her lungs. I love that she came to Cosima's rescue. She's a little powerhouse that one. I think I prefer her to Kira actually.
Yeah, I can take Charlotte more seriously than Kira Miracle Child™.

savannah · (c)
Old 06-17-2016, 12:11 PM
Loyal Fan

I was a bit disappointed by the finale. Chess pieces moved around and people were killed, but I felt like it was a penultimate episode more than a finale. The "intrigue" is set for the last season, but still I expected more.

I'm disappointed Krystal is not part of clone club although she's been thrown in the middle of things quite a bit and could be in danger as well. She could also get sick and need that cure.

Also disappointed at the missuse (imo) of MK. She was in all the promotions for the season, but ultimately we barely saw her. I feel like she could've been in the episode helping to regain contact with Cosima or hack into the computers to get to the databse easily. Nothing has come out of us knowing she's sick either. Same disappointment goes for the inevitbale Susan betrayal and the Duko shooting Delphine reveal, it was underwhelming to say the least.

I'm happy Rachel has gone full sociopath, she's the perfect vilain to base the final season on. I've had enough of Ferdinand though, and Kira and her psychic ability as well, it's an unecessary plot line. Charlotte for the win. I hope Cosima adopts her or something.

I wonder who was at the door at the end. I have a feeling it was Ferdinand with his hostages, but it could also be Ira coming back for Susan. I would love if they flipped it around and it was the people from the village coming for Rachel or Helena ready for a rampage because she hurt her sestras .
Old 06-17-2016, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

pros:
- cosima and charlotte
- delphine (sans the reveal of the shooter )
- cosima and delphine
- krystal
- sarah doing something useful, for once (even though she got her ass handed to her)

cons:
- everything else which I'll keep to myself

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 06-17-2016, 06:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marikolab (View Post)
I was a bit disappointed by the finale. Chess pieces moved around and people were killed, but I felt like it was a penultimate episode more than a finale. The "intrigue" is set for the last season, but still I expected more.
I'd been having trouble formulating my thoughts about this episode, because frankly the glorious reunion in the last few minutes blew the rest of the hour clear out of my head, but this comment captures what I hadn't been able to put into words. It was a good episode, but except for the reunion didn't really feel like an OB finale, at least not as exciting and momentous feeling as the S1 and S2 finales (I don't like to think about the S3 one). Definitely teeing things up for the next season, and lots of interesting developments, but for a finale lacked a bit of oomph.

I do like that with Westmorland it seems like we're finally on the trail of the ultimate badguy. I've gotten tired of the ever-multiplying layers of the onion or heads of the hydra (or whatever metaphor you prefer), so I'm pleased that it seems like the final season will be focused on the ultimate power behind Neolution. I'm not sure that I like that it's a Victorian dude who's been alive for more than 130 years. I've appreciated that they've kept the science within the realm of plausibility so far, and hope they can do so with this storyline.

I didn't get why Sarah went without backup to her confrontation with Rachel--she knows better than anyone how dangerous her "sister" can be. Then again I also don't understand why Susan was alone on that island without any guards or other flunkies. For a woman of incredible mystery and (supposed) power, she sure made it easy for Rachel to waltz right in and stab her.

Lastly I'll just say that I loved Cosima and Delphine's reunion. It didn't go down at all how I had wanted it to (I wanted Cosima in better health so their reunion wouldn't be overshadowed by her sickness, and I wanted Cos and/or Delphine to make more of an effort to find one another, rather than the reunion happening essentially by chance). However, it was so beautiful--the way it was filmed, the music, to some extent the writing but even more the superb performances by both actors (especially Evelyne!)--that I loved it anyway.

The one thing I'm dying to know: Why is Delphine in that camp? Was she secretly a Neolutionist all along? (of the opposing faction to Nealon so he didn't know about her). In this case she knew that Duko was going to shoot her--but she also knew someone would be along to save her. Or was she not a Neolutionist, in which case she simply believed Nealon's threat and thought that she was going to her death, but since her rescue she's been playing along in an effort to infiltrate the group.

Oh, and one more thing: Did Krystal's accidental intervention save her life? Or did Duko deliberately betray Cho and not shoot Delphine fatally because he was in on the other faction's scheme?
Old 06-17-2016, 06:52 PM
New Fan

Krystal rocks and stole the show this season IMO. Pretty bummed to see next year will be the last for OB. That being said, I think It's about time to wrap up what is one of my favorite shows of all time.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

5 years is a good run, though. they should all be proud.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 06-17-2016, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marikolab (View Post)

I wonder who was at the door at the end. I have a feeling it was Ferdinand with his hostages, but it could also be Ira coming back for Susan. I would love if they flipped it around and it was the people from the village coming for Rachel or Helena ready for a rampage because she hurt her sestras .
I finally remembered why they kept him live. It sounds dumb, but his character is so irritating that most bad guys would normally kill him.

When Helena and Rachel do meet...that will be epic. One is cold and calculating and the other is raw, savage, bloodthirsty and psychopathic.

I'm not sure what Allison's role in the show is,tbh. Seriously-Helena will be protecting them and then when she's needed, they'll take care of her twins.

Are they going to even bring back Veera/M.K. and Dizzy? Why did they have Helena carry around her eggs?

Kira is funny-looking. Charlotte, on the other hand,looks like a doll. I hope one of the villagers finds Sara passed out on the beach or something.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
LOL but for all they knew Rachel was coming after them with a knife. They needed to get away fast.
True, but just the way she said it made me laugh out loud.

Quote:
True, but that wasn't exactly a flesh wound, Susan's blood was everywhere. Without medical treatment, if she is just left there I doubt Susan will live long. I do want Susan back though I've enjoyed her character (sans the Ari thing) a lot this year. She's way more interesting to me than Ethan ever was.
True, but if Rachel wanted her to die there then why bother patching her up at all? Especially after Susan is the reason why Sarah was able to escape. And agreed, Susan and her interactions with all the clones is always really interesting.

Quote:
Yep. It certainly seems like a turn around for Rachel, and Ferdinand is whipped enough that even he'd comply to Neolution for her. That eye has a lot to answer for, and it is confusing. Last week OB implied Delphine was sending the images, but I find that hard to believe now, unless Westmoreland was making Delphine send them?
I got the impression that Ferdinand wasn't too keen on joining Team Neolution, even if it was just for Rachel. He seemed to be holding out and I could believe that he would've let Rachel kill him for not saying it. Or he could've just tried to say "corncob."

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlanded (View Post)
The AV Club said something about how it's annoying when the show uses kinky sex to prove characters' villainy and I can't unsee it.
They have a point and really, we could all already see Rachel was the villain without that. I feel like OB has a weird idea of how the audience wants to see the character's sexual encounters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlanded (View Post)
Yeah, I can take Charlotte more seriously than Kira Miracle Child™.
Me too. Charlotte feels more convincing and less creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
Then again I also don't understand why Susan was alone on that island without any guards or other flunkies. For a woman of incredible mystery and (supposed) power, she sure made it easy for Rachel to waltz right in and stab her.
When Rachel lands on the island she complains about Susan not sending anyone to fetch her, which I thought was hilarious, but does show that there's obviously people around sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
The one thing I'm dying to know: Why is Delphine in that camp? Was she secretly a Neolutionist all along? (of the opposing faction to Nealon so he didn't know about her). In this case she knew that Duko was going to shoot her--but she also knew someone would be along to save her. Or was she not a Neolutionist, in which case she simply believed Nealon's threat and thought that she was going to her death, but since her rescue she's been playing along in an effort to infiltrate the group.

Oh, and one more thing: Did Krystal's accidental intervention save her life? Or did Duko deliberately betray Cho and not shoot Delphine fatally because he was in on the other faction's scheme?
I want to know why she's at the camp too. She's got to be considered at least a little bit important if Westmorland decided to let her live, which based on Delphine's conversations with The Messenger, is obviously out of character. I feel like she wasn't and isn't a Neolutionist but that they're using her for another purpose. She's concerned about her and Cosima's safety at the camp so that suggests she doesn't trust them. So the question is why was she allowed to live.

I think Krystal accidentally saved her. Duko would've had time to take a more fatal shot at Delphine if he hadn't gotten distracted by Krystal's phone. Though he could've just shot her fatally the first time, but I don't care for Duko and don't think he needs any sort of redemption.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
She's concerned about her and Cosima's safety at the camp so that suggests she doesn't trust them. So the question is why was she allowed to live.
Her brain. Delphine is a genius. I guess for Westmoreland he was thinking they could probably turn her to their faction of neolution with science as well as saving her life, that she'd work for them for those reasons. The only problem is that they've completely underestimated Delphine's heart and loyalty. Science is important to Delphine for sure, but Cosima and the clone club family mean so much more and Delphine is going to fight for that even if it means she has to bide her time and play double agent, which seems to be the suggestion when Delphine was warning Cosima that they had to be careful and it wasn't safe.

Speaking of Delphine, in 4x09 whose hand do we think that was on her shoulder now? I did think it was the messenger guy, but now I'm thinking it might have been Westmoreland himself.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I totally don't even care that it was obviously Shay and they couldn't do it. I'm glad I don't have to see her again cause you just know that if Shay had shot her then they would've delved in further on Shay's background, which I really don't care about.
Lol, that was NEVER obvious to me, I never thought Shay was the shooter and I am SO glad she wasn't so I didn't have to see her face again

Quote:
Duko would've had time to take a more fatal shot at Delphine if he hadn't gotten distracted by Krystal's phone
All these seasons I wondered why the hell the clones didn't puut their cell phones on vibrate, but this time that was actually helpful