Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

I guess you could argue that's that what makes OB so great!
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Please add me
Old 08-24-2014, 07:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Please add me
Added!
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-25-2014, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccullers (View Post)
I guess you could argue that's that what makes OB so great!
Any chance of you coming back around on Rachel?
Old 08-27-2014, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I agree, Twisty. I never was a big fan of Rachel, but I get why you would make such a 180 on your feelings about her. She crosses so many lines, but there's practically nothing redeeming about her.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I feel like too much has been done for her to ever be truly redeemed now. But I'm still looking forward to seeing more of her losing control.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
I feel like too much has been done for her to ever be truly redeemed now. But I'm still looking forward to seeing more of her losing control.
I also feel that we never had the chance to really know her. We only know that she is a control freak and that she wants a kid. It is kinda of difficult for the viewer to care for her because she didn't have a lot of screentime.

Same thing for Cosima, 2x03 with Jennifer was supposed to be when the viewer got super afraid for her and really thought that she might be gone next season. I only got that feeling after the seizure.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Personally, I think OB just doesn't do villainous clones well. Although, textually, I was always sympathetic to Helena, I didn't find her engaging until she was a full-on hero in S2.

savannah · (c)
Old 08-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlanded (View Post)
Personally, I think OB just doesn't do villainous clones well. Although, textually, I was always sympathetic to Helena, I didn't find her engaging until she was a full-on hero in S2.
Yeah. It is hard to really dislike a character because they are all "gray". They need true villains in S3.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know if I want a truly villainous clone. Rachel is as close as we've had to one and I think that's enough for me.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't feel the need for purely evil characters, but they do need to stop trying to redeem everyone. I don't buy that the clones are actually in danger anymore.

savannah · (c)
Old 08-29-2014, 01:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlanded (View Post)
I don't feel the need for purely evil characters, but they do need to stop trying to redeem everyone. I don't buy that the clones are actually in danger anymore.
Yeah. Me too. I don't want someone who is pure evil and totally mean but in S2 everyone or almost everyone turned out to be good.

I still think that Donnie should have been the bad guy and maybe, we could have see another side of Alison. She is the only character who is all about comedy. I know we had the not so enjoyable part of her downfall this season but I don't like what they have done with Donnie. For me, it would have made more sense if he was "bad" or at least, not a total idiot. In S1, the writers really tried to make him look like the bad guy and then, they changed their mind and after 2x07, everyone seems to have completely forgotten about his past.

I also don't like the fact that Paul is actually working for Mrs S which would explain why he looks so shady. In S1, I really thought he didn't know about anything which made more sense because why should he?

I still don't know if Leekie was bad or not? Because he was "cool" with Cosima and defended her in front of Rachel (once) but to Ethan's eyes, he is pure evil.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Maybe it's a good thing that it doesn't feel like the clones are in danger any more. If that's the case, maybe they can slow down the story line a little bit. There's still their autoimmune disease they've got to work on and that could potentially be a danger to them all until Cosima completes the cure.

Project Castor appears to be civil at the moment, but I'm sure that won't last very long.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
Maybe it's a good thing that it doesn't feel like the clones are in danger any more. If that's the case, maybe they can slow down the story line a little bit. There's still their autoimmune disease they've got to work on and that could potentially be a danger to them all until Cosima completes the cure.

Project Castor appears to be civil at the moment, but I'm sure that won't last very long.
It is difficult to imagine where they are going to go. At the end of S1, I had an idea for Cosima and Alison at least for the first episode. Now, I feel like they could focus on pretty much anything because yeah, the danger is now gone. Not completely. Bonnie is still alive, we don't know where Helena was shipped to and what is the deal with Marion and Project Castor.

I really don't know how they are going to be able to fit all of that in 10 episodes.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Given how much they fit into season two, I'm sure they'll find a way. Hopefully they slow it down a bit though. Or at least give the story lines more of a chance to get real roots.