Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2017, 07:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I just want to ask quickly what do people think Kira's going to do with the knife? I thought at first she was going to mutilate the poor mouse, but others seem to think she's going to mutilate herself and I honestly don't know which is worse. But like Kira, no child. I support your minor rebellion, but not this.
i think she's going to cut herself to see what happens. i felt like sarah was alluding to that in the promo for next week.

Quote:
So you can make sly comments all you want, but we all have our reasons why we do or do not like certain characters
exactly.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-26-2017, 07:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

[QUOTE=Carmilla;90605592

well i think anyone who truly believed rachel had changed for good was just deluded and ignoring how she's been for the past 4 seasons before now. [/QUOTE]

Totally agree, but I've seen some fans speculating that's she's really turned over a new leaf, is going to join Clone Club, etc. I was glad that this episode should put a stop to that!
Old 06-26-2017, 07:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)

I just want to ask quickly what do people think Kira's going to do with the knife? I thought at first she was going to mutilate the poor mouse, but others seem to think she's going to mutilate herself and I honestly don't know which is worse. But like Kira, no child. I support your minor rebellion, but not this.
Cut herself, for sure. She wants to understand who she is, and the fast healing is a part of that. Intellectually I get her desire to know why she is the way she is, but man do I find her annoying, and I'm already cringing a bit in anticipation of the drama that's going to surround her cutting herself.

Actually it's not her as a person that annoys me, and the actor is cute and all, it's the whole super-power special child plot that bugs me. I'm hoping they find a semi-realistic way to wrap it up.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
i think she's going to cut herself to see what happens. i felt like sarah was alluding to that in the promo for next week.
Ohhh ok yep makes sense.

Well at least she's not harming the mouse, but lawd it's still bad.

Quote:
but I've seen some fans speculating that's she's really turned over a new leaf, is going to join Clone Club, etc.
I feel like that ship sailed at the end of S3 tbh.

ETA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)

Actually it's not her as a person that annoys me, and the actor is cute and all, it's the whole super-power special child plot that bugs me. I'm hoping they find a semi-realistic way to wrap it up.
Next stage in human evolution. It's all leading towards that, and theoretically I guess it's not outside the realms of possibility. I don't feel like Kira is over-buffed with powers. It's more like a heightened ability to heal and a clone spidey sense. The latter is the one that loses me the most because if it is some kind of ~telepathy then why is it linked solely to the clones? If it's something to do with sharing DNA then why doesn't Kira have feelings connected to Mrs S or Cal? I'm not really sure how that can be explained away in a vaguely rational/possible manner.

Last edited by Scully_fan; 06-26-2017 at 07:41 AM
Old 06-26-2017, 07:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Totally agree, but I've seen some fans speculating that's she's really turned over a new leaf, is going to join Clone Club, etc. I was glad that this episode should put a stop to that!
idk how people actually keep believing this. i'm sure there are still people who think in the end rachel's going to save her sisters. if she makes any heroic sacrifice (which i doubt), it'll be driven by spite for the neos/PT.

Quote:
right? i can believe enhanced healing b/c that exists in the animal world now and scientists have already found ways to help people heal faster in some things (for example: Biotech Company Uses Patients’ Stem Cells to Heal Burns). you could argue that was one of the "points" of making clones in the first place. but the whole psychic powers thing .... no thanks.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-26-2017, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Did anyone else notice that Helena seemed to be writing in Ukranian in that journal?
Yeah, someone on Tumblr kinda translated it, but I can't find it right now, I'll look for it later

Quote:
When Donnie is talking to Sarah on the phone he tells her he's trying to keep the cops out of the garage because of the "occupants" and he also says "Helena's Castor clone" is there. So that must be Rudy. I don't remember after Helena killed him, what they said or did with the body. Did they say in that season 3 ep that he would be buried in the garage?
Nobody said anything about it before, not that I can remember, but it made sense to me that he'd be there.

Quote:
I love how casually she carried around Leekie's head before dumping it on Rachel's desk.
IKR?? I wonder where she was keeping that head after Cosima and Scott returned it to her

Quote:
It was also really good to see Alison and Aynsley as friends before Alison got caught up in the idea that she was her monitor
Yeah, I thought that actress was great, so I was happy to see her again. But seeing how she was only a really good friend to Alison made me even sadder about how things turned out

Quote:
Also really great to see them taking some time out to say goodbye to MK. It's more than they've done for any of the other clones, Beth included.

Quote:
After the intensity and violence of the last ep, this one was a bit of a breather and I appreciated that
Same here

Quote:
The point of Alison all along has been to show the cost of human cloning, as a "normal" suburban mom's life is torn apart when she discovers she's different--and fights tooth and nail against that discovery. The bittersweet tone this week was really touching, I thought, as Alison struggling to find her place in the word realizes she is never going to have that perfect, ordinary life, but that being part of a "sisterhood" is powerful and worthwhile too.
That was bittersweet, but beautiful

Quote:
Now, it's possible that my perception of the episode was affected by the margaritas I had been drinking all evening, but I think I interpreted Alison going away differently than others seem to. I've seen people saying this was Alison's last episode and it was a farewell to the character, but I didn't see it that way at all. I took it to mean that she had to get away from her suburban town life for a while, but that she may be MORE involved in the clone drama going forward. As she told Rachel, she's been in this fight since the beginning, and I didn't get the feeling she wanted that to end. And she clearly felt guilty that she hadn't somehow helped with MK. I think she wants to change that and wants to go all-in in the fight against Neolution, and she can't do that if she's trying to maintain her suburban mom home life. So she's going away from home/Donnie, but not from the show or the sisterhood.
That'd be awesome, I hope you're right!

Quote:
Lastly, while this episode didn't do a great deal to advance the plot, it did include one important revelation: Proof that Rachel has not really turned over a new leaf, and her apparent niceness these days is just an act, as her line about "I should like to put my hands around your neck and squeeze" showed clearly her repressed violence and malevolence.
The people who thought Rachel had changed are probably the same who still don't know whether they should trust Delphine

Quote:
I thought this episode was fantastic tbh. Best of S5 so far and I only hope they continue forward with the same quality. I really don't think there's one thing I disliked and I'm so relieved after the disappointment of last week
Same!

Quote:
In fact that last moment, the duet between Alison and Donnie made me get super emo tbh. It felt like the first scene that was starting to say goodbye to these characters, this show as a whole, and I am not prepared yet to do that apparently.
THIS

Quote:
at least she's not harming the mouse
Phew

Quote:
Next stage in human evolution. It's all leading towards that, and theoretically I guess it's not outside the realms of possibility. I don't feel like Kira is over-buffed with powers. It's more like a heightened ability to heal and a clone spidey sense. The latter is the one that loses me the most because if it is some kind of ~telepathy then why is it linked solely to the clones? If it's something to do with sharing DNA then why doesn't Kira have feelings connected to Mrs S or Cal? I'm not really sure how that can be explained away in a vaguely rational/possible manner.
Yeah, exactly, the healing is okay, even interesting, but this feeling all the clones thing makes no sense. Like, she felt MK dying, what about Kendall last season? How about all the million times Sarah and Cosima almost died?
Old 06-26-2017, 09:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

One more positive aspect of the episode that I forgot to mention: We didn't see Donnie in his underwear. Now, that may have been because he wasn't wearing any, but still!
Old 06-26-2017, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ See, I told you we could only get ONE of the things you wished for
Old 06-26-2017, 10:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Yeah, exactly, the healing is okay, even interesting, but this feeling all the clones thing makes no sense. Like, she felt MK dying, what about Kendall last season? How about all the million times Sarah and Cosima almost died?
exactly why i've always hated the psychic aspect to the storyline.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-26-2017, 11:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
^ See, I told you we could only get ONE of the things you wished for
If it had to be only one, I'll take that one!
Old 06-26-2017, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
Yeah, someone on Tumblr kinda translated it, but I can't find it right now, I'll look for it later
There was something cute about noses. I think she was talking about her babies.

Quote:
Nobody said anything about it before, not that I can remember, but it made sense to me that he'd be there.
It's funny because when they said there were 2 bodies I jumped to one being Leekie (obvs) and the other being the bearded guy Helena shot through the neck with an arrow.... but it was a Castor... so where is the bearded guy's body?

Quote:
IKR?? I wonder where she was keeping that head after Cosima and Scott returned it to her
I was thinking that Scott still had it at the Rabbit Hole and Alison just called casually on her way to pick it up. You know like it's totally a normal thing to do.

Quote:
The people who thought Rachel had changed are probably the same who still don't know whether they should trust Delphine
People who don't watch the show then?

Quote:
You could argue she knew Cosima was slipping away in 2x10 and her messiah healing hands saved Cosima then. But that really would be jumping the shark.

Quote:
but the whole psychic powers thing .... no thanks.
It would be so funny come the end of the season if it wasn't PT faking it, but Kira was the real fraud all along. DUNDUNDUUUUUUUNNNNN. #crackpottheoryoftheweek
Old 06-26-2017, 02:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
her messiah healing hands saved Cosima then
no, just the thought of cosima not getting to sleep with del-fine again saved her
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-26-2017, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's funny because when they said there were 2 bodies I jumped to one being Leekie (obvs) and the other being the bearded guy Helena shot through the neck with an arrow.... but it was a Castor... so where is the bearded guy's body?
That's a GREAT question I have no answer for

Quote:
I was thinking that Scott still had it at the Rabbit Hole and Alison just called casually on her way to pick it up. You know like it's totally a normal thing to do.
Can I borrow a head from your secret lab?

Quote:
People who don't watch the show then?
Or who really don't pay attention

Quote:
You could argue she knew Cosima was slipping away in 2x10 and her messiah healing hands saved Cosima then. But that really would be jumping the shark.
Right, her hands made her remember she had someone to live for
Old 06-28-2017, 02:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
In fact that last moment, the duet between Alison and Donnie made me get super emo tbh. It felt like the first scene that was starting to say goodbye to these characters, this show as a whole, and I am not prepared yet to do that apparently.
Thinking back, it did feel like a goodbye of sorts. I can't see it actually being their last scenes since it's still fairly early on but it certainly felt like Alison/Donnie were having a moment where it could've been their last one for a while.

Quote:
I actually heard another comment on a podcast where they thought 5x01 was Cosima centric which seems a bizarre conclusion to make from 5x01 imo. It's like Cosima can't have screentime for 5 minutes without people thinking she's hogging it.
I felt like Cosima got a decent amount of screen time in 5x01 but it definitely wasn't centric on her. Maybe more science centric but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
One more positive aspect of the episode that I forgot to mention: We didn't see Donnie in his underwear. Now, that may have been because he wasn't wearing any, but still!
So true.

Quote:
I would've loved to have seen the confusion on Scott's face when Alison asked for the head back.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
Thinking back, it did feel like a goodbye of sorts. I can't see it actually being their last scenes since it's still fairly early on but it certainly felt like Alison/Donnie were having a moment where it could've been their last one for a while.
Oh no not their *last* scene with 7 eps left, but it felt like the first moment where I was aware that this is the last season within the writing and we're getting these sweet character moments that don't tie into the myth-arc. More like the start of saying goodbye slowly over the episodes remaining.

Quote:
I would've loved to have seen the confusion on Scott's face when Alison asked for the head back.
I'm sure Scott understood when Alison said it was for Rachel.