Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was excited about Ksenia until I came here
I have so many thougts right now.
First of all, I think I was excited because I didn't think for a sec about Shay as a competition. I thought maybe she will bring some interesting science, origin plot. I considered Shay as a helper, a friend.
And I think Shay really woudn't be a bad idea if the OB had had more than 10 episodes and Cosima had been a main character. But look, maybe she will have more scenes in season 3 and the scenes will be managed the way we will be happy (enough Cophine of course )

But I understand concern, because I'm really into character development and not the whole steady action we saw in s2. Another characters mean we can forget about it (

Also, I would be so pissed of about the love triangle, but it seems so unreal for me. Have the writers already forgotten about "the puppy and follower" (= forever together)?
It would be funny to see jealous Delphine in one scene, just because she didn't know that Cos and Shay are JUST friends

and so so so sad about tumblr fight.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piepie (View Post)
And so the fan war began. The Delphine hate now is at full force. Thank you JF and GM, for one time that there was a fandom without this s*it, you made it happen, the thing that i hate the most.
This new ship is already sailed for just one picture, considering how popular KS is and how many already ship her and Cosima i think we will see alot of her in the new season so i'm pretty sure that this ship will easly surpass Cophine shippers and JF and GM won't miss this opportunity to get rid of Delphine that already has haters while i doubt that Shay will have haters because she is pratically a saint. I think Cophine is pretty much doomed.
This Shay character is in episode 4 or 5, if Cosima is with this new friend i don't think Delphine is there. Does it mean that Delphine and Cosima already broke up? Or does it mean Delphine didn't meet Cosima yet?
I love Delphine so much but at this point if they are going to ruin it and if they are going to add the most absurd and usless love triangle ever i hope that they just kill her and i will remember the Delphine of the first 2 seasons.
One of the things I hate is when fans start shipping 2 characters before actual scenes of them together are even shown on tv. How can you ship 2 characters since you haven't seen one of them on OB yet?

As for the fandom, I always thought it had a too good opinion of itself, like ''oh, we're the best fandom, we don't fight, we don't start shipping wars''...yeah right...
Old 12-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Honestly they wouldn't have spent so much time giving Delphine a storyline outside of Cosima in S2 if they were going to turn around and get rid of her. If they're doing it because Evelyne might have another tv show on then they're jumping the gun cause they don't even know if it'll get picked up for S2. Plus both shows are produced by Temple Street you'd think they'd want to keep her on both and would try to make it easier for her. Given that TPTB like Cosima/Delphine and Evelyne I don't think they'd be so quick to get rid of her in such a crappy way. If she does have to go then they can at least do it well.

I'm not going to give too much thought to it now because it's just going to make the next 4-5 months seem even longer and more painful than it already is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiKolla (View Post)
She was talking about Aurora but she probably had to do some scenes in German.
I always kind of assumed she could speak some of it since she tried out to be the clones. I know Katja doesn't speak any German but being multilingual was probably something they wanted.

Not that they would've known at the time, but Rachel does speak a bit of German too.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
I'm not going to give too much thought to it now because it's just going to make the next 4-5 months seem even longer and more painful than it already is.
good idea
I probably will start overanalyze when the trailer(s) will show up
Old 12-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Extreme Fan

It certainly doesn't help that fans are already crazy about Shay. From an OB fan on Twitter: ''I love Shay already she could be planning to kill Cosima but I still love her.''

But Delphine is still shady
Old 12-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by diu12 (View Post)
It certainly doesn't help that fans are already crazy about Shay. From an OB fan on Twitter: ''I love Shay already she could be planning to kill Cosima but I still love her.''

But Delphine is still shady
Please do remember there are people out there who are fans of Paul. Fandoms take all kinds. The fans can turn it into a Delphine vs Shay all they want, as long as the writing doesn't do the same we have nothing to worry about.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I always kind of assumed she could speak some of it since she tried out to be the clones. I know Katja doesn't speak any German but being multilingual was probably something they wanted.
Sexy as hell and a smartass = perfect combo.

Quote:
Please do remember there are people out there who are fans of Paul. Fandoms take all kinds. The fans can turn it into a Delphine vs Shay all they want, as long as the writing doesn't do the same we have nothing to worry about.
For sure. Plus, the description said a friend of Cosima. The fandom is just overreacting and the Delphine's haters are in heaven right now.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The fans can turn it into a Delphine vs Shay all they want, as long as the writing doesn't do the same we have nothing to worry about
they're pretty much doing the same by introducing so damn many unnecessary characters, in my opinion. as if the whole male clones thing wasn't atrocious enough.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 12-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiKolla (View Post)
Sexy as hell and a smartass = perfect combo.
Damn right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataliza (View Post)
good idea
I probably will start overanalyze when the trailer(s) will show up
Yeah, at least wait until we know more information to go into panic mode.

Maybe there really is nothing to panic about.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'm never going into the OB fandom on Tumblr or anywhere else ever again except for this board. This is like the Lauren/Bo/Tamsin bull**** all over again and I had more than my fair share with THAT stupidity, thank you very much.

Quote:
As for the fandom, I always thought it had a too good opinion of itself, like ''oh, we're the best fandom, we don't fight, we don't start shipping wars''...yeah right...
Holy ****, I HATE it when fans say that ****. People said it in the OB fandom (they still say it) and people say it in the Carmilla fandom. It's so freaking ridiculous because you DO have shipping wars in the OB fandom, not to mention absolutely rampant biphobia. This fandom likes to act like they're better than everyone else, but they aren't. NO fandom is. And when fandoms start getting all sanctimonious about how great they are ... **** that. Just **** that.
S T A R D U S T
Old 12-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccullers (View Post)
I'm never going into the OB fandom on Tumblr or anywhere else ever again except for this board.
I only ever post here and check my tumblr feed. I don't search any further than that cause I learnt a long time ago that it was just not worth it to get upset or annoyed about some of the ridiculous things people say. Just save yourself the trouble.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Who needs the rest of the fandom when we have a perfectly lovely group right here? That said, I don't have the energy to get worked up without more information. We just don't know much. As for the seemingly regrettable litany of new characters, it could be that OB has just reached a point where all the cool Canadian kids want a chance to be on it, so small parts that normally would be cast without fanfare are now hyped because a "name" is playing the role. But it's still a small role. That's the beauty of having cache, and OB has cache at the moment.

For example, the roles of the mother and son who betrayed Mrs. S and Sarah were played by actors I didn't recognize last season. Those actors "joined the cast" for two episodes, moved the plot along and were quickly dispatched. Same with the actor who played Tomas. And Olivier. And Colin. I have a feeling bigger names are playing the small roles this season, so it seems like the cast is getting bloated, but it's not as dire as it seems. It's just OB taking advantage of their own good fortune, and name actors taking advantage of easy money on a cool show.

Or it could be as bad as we fear and all is lost. I'm just too old and tired to get upset about it.

Last edited by CosimasWeed; 12-04-2014 at 10:09 PM
Old 12-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosimasWeed (View Post)
]Who needs the rest of the fandom when we have a perfectly lovely group right here? That said, I don't have the energy to get worked up without more information. We just don't know much. As for the seemingly regrettable litany of new characters, it could be that OB has just reached a point where all the cool Canadian kids want a chance to be on it, so small parts that normally would be cast without fanfare are now hyped because a "name" is playing the role. But it's still a small role. That's the beauty of having cache, and OB has cache at the moment.

For example, the roles of the mother and son who betrayed Mrs. S and Sarah were played by actors I didn't recognize last season. Those actors "joined the cast" for two episodes, moved the plot along and were quickly dispatched. Same with the actor who played Tomas. And Olivier. And Colin. I have a feeling bigger names are playing the small roles this season, so it seems like the cast is getting bloated, but it's not as dire as it seems. It's just OB taking advantage of their own good fortune, and name actors taking advantage of easy money on a cool show.

Or it could be as bad as we fear and all is lost. I'm just too old and tired to get upset about it.
Well said!

Especially the last bit. Real life is enough, I don't want it from fandom too.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

From the way they are promoting this new Cosima/Shay thing and from the attention that it's receiving i doubt that she will have a small role, i really don't understand the utility and the reason they added this character. It really looks it's just to gain more fans and attention from Lost Girl fandom and making things more complicated with Delphine and Cosima.

Changing subject, did you notice that in the picture of Evelyne, Tatiana and Graeme Manson and also in the video with Jordan, Evelyne had straight hair? Do you think there is a reason of why Delphine will have straight hair is some episodes? I even wished that maybe there is a Delphine clone
Old 12-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Who needs the rest of the fandom when we have a perfectly lovely group right here?

Quote:
From the way they are promoting this new Cosima/Shay thing and from the attention that it's receiving i doubt that she will have a small role, i really don't understand the utility and the reason they added this character. It really looks it's just to gain more fans and attention from Lost Girl fandom and making things more complicated with Delphine and Cosima.
Not necessarily. Patrick J Adams posted a lot of pic from the set of OB when he was there and his role was very small. Praying for Ksenia Solo to leave the set ASAP .

Quote:
I even wished that maybe there is a Delphine clone
You are dreaming